Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, beechguy said:

Geez, considering how great you tell us Obama was, I didn't think it would be much of a challenge.

Actually, rolling back many of the regulations has already been considered a great help to business. Also, I consider having a budget a step forward, instead of having to operate under sequester for so long. 

What regulations?  Please back this up with a verified report that proves this.  Credible links only....

I was not an Obama fan.  He was an OK president.  But doesn't deserve the bashing he gets from ardent Trump supporters.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Yes, it can definitely be blamed on those in power before the crash.  There are many reasons for this.  And they were in charge of it all after all.....

Congress and most notably Barney Frank was responsible for lowering underwriting standards at the GSE's that led to the 2007 financial crisis.  Bush called for Congress to reform those institutions time and time again, from the very start of his presidency.  I don't like Bush or Frank but those are the facts.

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

First, many of us detest the use of Yanks.  It's a derogatory term.  Please.....

Second, please show something significant Trump's done.  This gets old asking for this and never getting an answer.

Well sorry to upset your feelings but that's what all in the UK(the place you call England), anf the rest of the world call you when being polite. Not sure what you'd want to be called. Americans, would be referring to Mexicans.Canadians, Columbians etc.

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

First, many of us detest the use of Yanks.  It's a derogatory term.  Please.....

Second, please show something significant Trump's done.  This gets old asking for this and never getting an answer.

If you really want to be concerned about something, you may want to check what's going on with Donna Brazile and Elizabeth Warren's comments about the DNC robbing the election from Bernie. How are you going to pick a replacement for the resistance to President Trump.

1 minute ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Well sorry to upset your feelings but that's what all in the UK(the place you call England), anf the rest of the world call you when being polite. Not sure what you'd want to be called. Americans, would be referring to Mexicans.Canadians, Columbians etc.

Not true.  Very few of my friends from the UK use that term.  It's a derogatory term.  You can look that up.  And gets removed from time to time on this forum.

7 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

What regulations?  Please back this up with a verified report that proves this.  Credible links only....

I was not an Obama fan.  He was an OK president.  But doesn't deserve the bashing he gets from ardent Trump supporters.

He deserves everything we give him, and then some.

8 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Well, Trump hasn't done anything. I think that's pretty obvious.  He does serve one useful function however. He is disruptive.

9 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I would imagine even MSNBC has had reports of some these, would that be a credible link for you?

7 minutes ago, beechguy said:

If you really want to be concerned about something, you may want to check what's going on with Donna Brazile and Elizabeth Warren's comments about the DNC robbing the election from Bernie. How are you going to pick a replacement for the resistance to President Trump.

Elizabeth Warren is a carpetbagger and Donna Brazille didn't disclose anything that wasn't patently obvious to everyone, except the mainstream press.

1 hour ago, FreddieRoyle said:

He won't last a year!! Remember that?? He has not only lasted a year but he has achieved more in that year...<snip>

Trump supporters’ inability to read a calendar is surpassed only by their inability to read economic indicators.

So we can turn that around and say Trump deserves everything we give him, and then some.

Still, ya got nothing.  A big nothing burger. LOL

I would think President Trump occupying the White House instead of Hillary or Bernie would be a good start.

1 hour ago, beechguy said:

Very well, right back at you, show us what Obama did to bring back jobs.

In the mean time, President Trump has rolled back a number of ridiculous Executive Orders from Obama, appointed a Supreme Court Justice, not satisfied, but there is a budget for 2018, and they are working on tax reform.

Everything Trump has done, or wants to do: is wrong.  Republicans cheated about the SC justice by changing the rules of the game, and also acted contrary to the Constitution by not having a vote on the prior president's nominee.  

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Congress and most notably Barney Frank was responsible for lowering underwriting standards at the GSE's that led to the 2007 financial crisis.  Bush called for Congress to reform those institutions time and time again, from the very start of his presidency.  I don't like Bush or Frank but those are the facts.

Barney Frank has long been an advocate to reigning in reckless Wall Street cowboys.  Ever heard of Dodd-Frank?  

4 minutes ago, beechguy said:

Though I'm liberal, I agree with you about that.  The DNC phucked up big time by allowing HRC to control 95% of DNC donations.   Bernie was at a giant disadvantage.   Sad for the USA.   Look at what Americans have to deal with now; a Dufus in Chief who isn't even respected or liked by his own cabinet.   Now The Divider is turning on Jared.   At least that's a reason to grin.

2 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Barney Frank has long been an advocate to reigning in reckless Wall Street cowboys.  Ever heard of Dodd-Frank?  

GSE's are Government Sponsored Enterprises; (Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, Ginnie Mae, Sallie Mae, etc) not Wall Street cowboys.

1 hour ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Most satisfying to see the extreme liberals have been proven wrong on all counts. Remember? He won't last a year!! Remember that?? He has not only lasted a year but he has achieved more in that year than even his hardcore fans had hoped. Apart from all the triggered libs ruining the spectacle with their Russian hysteria it has been a truly great year. Trump 2020, bring it on.

Last time I checked, a year = 12 months, 365 days.   

A pop quiz for mentally-addled Trump fans: 
Q.  a year from Jan 20, 2017 is....... (take your time.  Don't fret).

Trump may be out by January 2018, but it's doubtful.  Never underestimate the longevity of a crappy heavy-handed leader of a country.   Saddam lasted a long time.  I wouldn't be surprised if Trump declared a suspension of the Constitution (like Thai generals do whenever they enact a coup), and named himself 'president for as long as it takes to make America Great Again.'

Edited by boomerangutang

3 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

That's all Trump supporters have.  But, but, but....he beat Hillary.  Not much there....

....and he lied and cheated to get the most electorial college votes.  

As we know, he lost the popular vote by a large margin, and his support has been ebbing ever since.  He was near 49% of voters last year.   Now he's close to 30%.  By 2018, he'll be in the 20's.   

No word on Pence for awhile.  He's a scoundrel lurking in the shadows.  He's got nearly as much mud sticking to him as Flynn and Kushner and Trump jr & sr. 

4 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Last time I checked, a year = 12 months, 365 1/4 days.   

A pop quiz for mentally-addled Trump fans: 
Q.  a year from Jan 20, 2017 is....... (take your time.  Don't fret).

Trump may be out by January 2018, but it's doubtful.  Never underestimate the longevity of a crappy heavy-handed leader of a country.   Saddam lasted a long time.  I would be surprised if Trump declared a suspension of the Constitution (like Thai generals do whenever they enact a coup), and named himself 'president for as long as it takes to make America Great Again.'

It's almost as if you never took a high school civics class. The Executive Branch is the least equal of the three seperate but equal branches of government.

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

It's almost as if you never took a high school civics class. The Executive Branch is the least equal of the three seperate but equal branches of government.

I was taught they were equal.  Maybe they're not.  It depends how they manifest, and how many tricks they use.   Currently, Trump puts himself above the Judicial.  He fired Comey (which he was technically allowed to do).  He pardons defendants before they go to trial (Arpaio in AZ) and he pre-judges defendants (the recent NY killer) which, in effect, will probably enable the murderer to avoid the death penalty.   Sessions is Trump's lap dog.  If Trump ordered him to eat shit out of a dog bowl, Sessions would gladly do it with a smile on his face.

3 hours ago, chezy86 said:

I think he will go on to be the greatest president the US have elected. Sure he’s making some mistakes but the results speak for themselves, lowest unemployment for decades, stock market booming, gdp increases on a monthly basis. Calling out the biased fake news outlets “priceless” about time.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well I guess it is easy to be the greatest President the US ever elected in the eyes of the most stupid people the US ever gave birth to. As for you kindly crediting Trump with the various stock market and job figures then it is pointless explaining yet again what any intelligent person already understands.

2 hours ago, beechguy said:

Very well, right back at you, show us what Obama did to bring back jobs.

In the mean time, President Trump has rolled back a number of ridiculous Executive Orders from Obama, appointed a Supreme Court Justice, not satisfied, but there is a budget for 2018, and they are working on tax reform.

Why does everybody quote "appointing a Supreme Court Justice" as a major achievement? A seat becomes vacant, you look for someone to fill the seat and the Senate approve or disapprove.That is how it normally goes.  The ONLY time in history when this has not been possible was when McConnell stated that the Republicans would not even agree to a hearing for ANYONE that Obama recommended for consideration for the empty seat. THAT was the scandal in US democracy, THAT was yet another example of behaviour that displayed a complete lack of integrity and the failure to uphold the oath of any Senatorial office. Remember McConnell did the same by ensuring that over 1100 times the Republicans used the 'filibuster'. Now if the Dems do the same the Republicans are screaming that the Dems are Obstructionist. Whoever said that the Whitehouse (and Capitol Hill) was like a daycare centre was bang on the money.

A plea to any rational posters on here. The thread is being hit by a small group of persistent trolls and they are turning everything into a hamster wheel with the same old cyclic arguments, that any intelligent and rational person already knows the answers to. Please ignore them and their demands for attention, they are trying to derail the thread and get it closed down.

Edited by Andaman Al

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

....and he lied and cheated to get the most electorial college votes.  

As we know, he lost the popular vote by a large margin

Okay I'll bite. How exactly did he "lie and cheat to get the most electoral college votes" ??

And I'll just add this - the popular vote is meaningless and irrelevant. Not sure why Clinton supporters continuously raise this as if it means something. It doesn't. Clinton won California (the most populous state I believe) by 4 million or so votes, fair enough. But she "won" the so-called US popular vote by around 2.8 million, which basically means that Trump won it if you discount California. Furthermore if you look at the country broken down by counties, you get a substantially different picture. Trump won 2600 counties to Clinton's 500. By continuously harping on about the popular vote (again, which means nothing and is not even a category in the election that can be won or lost), Democrats are basically saying that populous states such as the aforementioned California and New York should have say over the other 48 states. When the Democrates win an electoral college vote but lose a popular vote, they will suddenly be singing a very different tune.

9 hours ago, beechguy said:

He didn't get the votes he wanted yet, but he still has done something beneficial. He exposed Corker, Mccain, Flake, and others for what they actually are. We already pretty much knew who needed to go on the Democrat side, Schummer, Pelosi, etc. With any luck, he'll get to appoint another Supreme Court Justice, or two.

Yes, he motivated a few conservative Republican Senators to show they have some intelligence and integrity.  The Trumpies want them out.

12 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

Okay I'll bite. How exactly did he "lie and cheat to get the most electoral college votes" ??

And I'll just add this - the popular vote is meaningless and irrelevant. Not sure why Clinton supporters continuously raise this as if it means something. It doesn't. Clinton won California (the most populous state I believe) by 4 million or so votes, fair enough. But she "won" the so-called US popular vote by around 2.8 million, which basically means that Trump won it if you discount California. Furthermore if you look at the country broken down by counties, you get a substantially different picture. Trump won 2600 counties to Clinton's 500. By continuously harping on about the popular vote (again, which means nothing and is not even a category in the election that can be won or lost), Democrats are basically saying that populous states such as the aforementioned California and New York should have say over the other 48 states. When the Democrates win an electoral college vote but lose a popular vote, they will suddenly be singing a very different tune.

That is so true and funny. Can't wait for the anti-trump supremist's reply. 

8 hours ago, beechguy said:

What case? You didn't really think everything was going to get fixed the first year did you? If you haven't noticed, there a lot of butt hurt Hillary supporters, that haven't accepted her defeat nearly a year later.

Trump thought he would.  In fact, he thought he would repeal Obamacare on day 1.  There was also his plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days. Of course no intelligent person believed this BS, which leaves us with the conclusion that Trump lacks intelligence, as does those who believe him, or Trump is a liar.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5271477266001/?#sp=show-clips

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1375/develop-plan-defeat-isis-30-days/

4 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

That is so true and funny. Can't wait for the anti-trump supremist's reply. 

It's a long list.  Build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.  Lock her up.  Etc, etc, etc.  If not broken, they are stalled and will probably never be kept.  Worth a read.  The few things he's accomplished are extremely controversial. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000

3 hours ago, beechguy said:

So by your reasoning we can blame the 2007 crash on Bill Clinton.

The only thing lagging, is some posters grasp of reality. http://www.fedprimerate.com/dow-jones-industrial-average-history-djia.htm

I would say the jump from 17,888 to 18847 in one week at the election, was pretty good indicator, that everyone was tired of Obama's crap. The other 4500 points, to 23434, on Oct.27, 21017 is just an exclamation point.

Bush had been in office over six years at the time of the 2007 crash. Trump has not yet signed his first budget.

It's a long list.  Build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.  Lock her up.  Etc, etc, etc.  If not broken, they are stalled and will probably never be kept.  Worth a read.  The few things he's accomplished are extremely controversial. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000

I am awaiting your reply to why you intellectual liberal supremacists keep bringing up the electoral vote nonsense. You lost, accept it. God....

2 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

I am awaiting your reply to why you intellectual liberal supremacists keep bringing up the electoral vote nonsense. You lost, accept it. God....

I'm not a liberal.  Far from it.  Labeling people like this is what's getting the conservatives into trouble.  Amazing all we get from Trump supports is "you lost". :cheesy:

P.S. please quote people properly.  I never brought up the electoral vote.  Just gave you a list of promises Trump has broken.  Which you didn't read because it doesn't fit your narrative.

2 hours ago, beechguy said:

Geez, considering how great you tell us Obama was, I didn't think it would be much of a challenge.

Actually, rolling back many of the regulations has already been considered a great help to business. Also, I consider having a budget a step forward, instead of having to operate under sequester for so long. 

How has rolling back regulations that protect the environment been a great help? 

Also, the House and Senate are still resolving differences on the FY 2018 budget.  FY 2018 began October 1.  The country is operating under a continuing resolution for now.  That's common, but Trump doesn't have a budget yet.