Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Remember when Fahrenheit 911 was released? It was revered as a documentary masterpiece. Micheal Moore was elevated to "visionary" status. In fact, it was to be revealed as nothing more than an duplicitous amalgam of fallacious hyperbole.

The same swelling  psychosocial dynamic (pack mentality) that prevented Lefties from seeing through Moore's blatant facade, is preventing "anti Trumpers" from conducting proper self analysis.

I never saw it but I did see this brief summary in Wikipedia:

"In the film, Moore contends that American corporate media were "cheerleaders" for the 2003 invasion of Iraq and did not provide an accurate or objective analysis of the rationale for the war or the resulting casualties there. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_9/11

There's also this:

"The film suggests that the invasion of Iraq was an illegitimate attack on a sovereign nation – an unnecessary attack against an exaggerated threat. It makes a case against components of the Bush Doctrine, specifically against the concepts of pre-emptive war combined with American unilateralism."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_9/11_controversies

At the time those contentions weren't widely accepted.  They are now.

Dream on - Republicans have a majority in both houses and Dems need to defend over 20 seats in the Senate in 2018, 10 in Trump county.
Even if you did impeach AND convict Trump, you would get Pence.  Listen Liberals, it's better for you if you just calm down, lay back, and think of England.

To bring articles of impeachment against a president requires a majority vote in the House of Representatives. When the case is tried by the Senate, a vote of at least 2/3 of those present is required to convict and remove the president from office. The law of presidential powers and duties is ill-defined.

13 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

To bring articles of impeachment against a president requires a majority vote in the House of Representatives. When the case is tried by the Senate, a vote of at least 2/3 of those present is required to convict and remove the president from office. T

If  Mueller digs up some solid evidence that trump broke the law then it's a pretty short step  to think enough GOP congressman would vote to get rid of a criminal  instead of risking votes supporting one. It  all comes down to people saving their own backside.

Probably oughta wait out the investigation  before passing out cigars.

27 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:
Dream on - Republicans have a majority in both houses and Dems need to defend over 20 seats in the Senate in 2018, 10 in Trump county.

To bring articles of impeachment against a president requires a majority vote in the House of Representatives. When the case is tried by the Senate, a vote of at least 2/3 of those present is required to convict and remove the president from office.

To agree with your scenario of course, (one that you strongly endorse, (Dream on) the majority would have to choose party over country.

The kind of petty, partisan people a patriot should jettison from the discussion.

Someone, quite like you who has taken the time to "stratagize" your anti-american scheme.

3 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

The same swelling  psychosocial dynamic (pack mentality) that prevented Lefties from seeing through Moore's blatant facade, is preventing "anti Trumpers" from conducting proper self analysis.

Kinda like the same psychosocial dynamic that keeps the trumpies from seeing their candidate for what he really is......funny how that works.

7 hours ago, iReason said:

To agree with your scenario of course, (one that you strongly endorse, (Dream on) the majority would have to choose party over country.

The kind of petty, partisan people a patriot should jettison from the discussion.

Someone, quite like you who has taken the time to "stratagize" your anti-american scheme.

Actually the Democrats gave us a great lesson in voting party lines in 1998 when Clinton was only the second president in history to be impeached for purgery. Though he was guilty, the Democratic senate voted to keep him. 

I am an Aussie and have no right to vote. But my stockbroker who has about a 75% achievement rating says he will most probably be forced to resign between the end of this year and the end of next year. The sad (lol) thing for the US is that this is being factored into the "market". The sad thing for the US is the state of affairs, that there is no standout leader. Anywhere on the political horizon. My stockbroker has bet money that Pence will lead the Republicans to the next election. He is mostly astute. 

8 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

I am an Aussie and have no right to vote. But my stockbroker who has about a 75% achievement rating says he will most probably be forced to resign between the end of this year and the end of next year. The sad (lol) thing for the US is that this is being factored into the "market". The sad thing for the US is the state of affairs, that there is no standout leader. Anywhere on the political horizon. My stockbroker has bet money that Pence will lead the Republicans to the next election. He is mostly astute. 

With his continual lying Pence may beat Trump to a jail cell.

19 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Remember when Fahrenheit 911 was released? It was revered as a documentary masterpiece. Micheal Moore was elevated to "visionary" status. In fact, it was to be revealed as nothing more than an duplicitous amalgam of fallacious hyperbole.

Right, it came out a year after the Iraq invasion and Moore came out with something outlandish like there were no WMD. HOW DID THAT TURN OUT EINSTEIN?

On 2017/5/21 at 1:16 PM, sanemax said:

How many anti Trump supporters were watching Don in Saudi and were hoping that one of the Saudi guards , with a rifle would shoot Trump ?

The drill sergeant makes sure there is no bullet in all the rifle of the guard of honor just to be on the safe side. May be Trump would get the bayonet.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:14 PM, Rob13 said:

I'm  betting impeachment proceeding followed by a resignation before a removal from office. If he waits to be removed he's more likely to brought up on criminal charges.

You say criminal charges. What crime has been committed? If you are talking about collusion with the Russians.  Collusion is not a crime. So really, what crime is everyone talking about?

On the other hand,  if they were to find obstruction of justice. That would be another story.  But, just to say criminal charges and not mention what charges you are specifically talking about is rather vague.

10 minutes ago, habanero said:

You say criminal charges. What crime has been committed? If you are talking about collusion with the Russians.  Collusion is not a crime. So really, what crime is everyone talking about?

Collusion with Russia in their now proven aggressive effort to help elect trump over Clinton is indeed a very serious, indeed TREASONOUS crime.

So is obstruction of justice ... the charge that trump seems to be almost begging to be charged with.

There are clearly reasons to justify an investigation about collusion possibly involving trump campaign staffers, including family.

That doesn't necessarily mean that if that happened, that trump KNEW about, and/or approved of it (which would mean trump directly involved in the possible collusion).

If trump didn't know about collusion in his campaign (or not possible to prove) than he would be off the hook on collusion charges, but not potential obstruction of justice charges. As many have noted, it is usually the COVERUP that stings. 

People in denial about the severity of the threat to the trump regime over this Russia scandal had best get real. The white house is not in denial. They have started to LAWYER up.

This is REAL. 

Actually, I think Trump could be afraid of what gets exposed about his dealings before the run for president. Namely, his dealings with the Russians.  When banks would no longer lend to him, somehow he got money from Russians.  Some dubious Russians. Maybe their money was being laundered through him

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Collusion with Russia in their now proven aggressive effort to help elect trump over Clinton is indeed a very serious, indeed TREASONOUS crime.

So is obstruction of justice ... the charge that trump seems to be almost begging to be charged with.

Is that actually against the law though ?

Its quite ironic that the USA have implemented numerous regime changes in foreign Countries over the years , funding the opposition and disposing of legitimately elected leaders , interfering in all sorts of ways in other Countries Politics , now some Americans want their leader to be charged with treason

4 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Are you aware that more Americans voted for one of those "greaseballs" than voted for Trump? What does that say about Americans' regard for him?

You are sending confusing messages here. Just for the record, are you pro Trump or anti Trump and do you think the HRc would have made a better President?

Just trying to see where you stand.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Is that actually against the law though ?

Its quite ironic that the USA have implemented numerous regime changes in foreign Countries over the years , funding the opposition and disposing of legitimately elected leaders , interfering in all sorts of ways in other Countries Politics , now some Americans want their leader to be charged with treason

The issue isn't whether Russia conspired to intervene in the US elections. It's whether members of the Trump campaign, Americans, conspired with the Russians to do so.

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

The issue isn't whether Russia conspired to intervene in the US elections. It's whether members of the Trump campaign, Americans, conspired with the Russians to do so.

Is that against any rules or laws though ? 

4 minutes ago, Flustered said:

You are sending confusing messages here. Just for the record, are you pro Trump or anti Trump and do you think the HRc would have made a better President?

Just trying to see where you stand.

Why the confusion? Someone funandsuninbangkok wrote: 
"No wonder Americans didnt want these greasballs back in the WH."  

I simply pointed out that more Americans wanted one of those "greaseballs" than wanted Trump.

Just now, sanemax said:

Is that against any rules or laws though ? 

Well, for one thing,  it depends on if it can be shown that the Russians hacked into the DNC's email and trump's people conspired with the Russians on the use of it.  It might even qualify as treason. 

4 hours ago, Andaman Al said:
4 hours ago, iReason said:

It's been my experience that Trumpeteers don't actually read the articles they post.

Because like Trump they don't read.

If they don't read, who do you think reads your hate-filled, idiotic posts?   :cheesy:

(I just read your posts for the comedy :crazy:)

1 hour ago, habanero said:
On 5/21/2017 at 4:14 PM, Rob13 said:

What crime has been committed?

Dunno, that's why there's an investigation. Here's a list of possibilities:....Obstuction of justice, taking bribes, collusion(it is crime), election tampering, hacking. treason,,,,,Pretty long list really.

OMG, this article is so on topic you might have to pinch yourself.

It pretty much covers everything.

In any case, likelihood of trump being impeached is definitely much greater than zero, but not any kind of certainty either.

Will Donald Trump Be Impeached?

The bottom line: If Congress is looking for reasons to impeach Trump, it already has some plausible ones — and it will probably wind up with more before long. This factor substantially contributes to the likelihood of Trump being removed from office.

I’m pretty sure I’d sell Trump-leaves-office-early stock (whether because of removal from office or other reasons) at even money (50 percent), and I’m pretty sure I’d buy it at 3-to-1 against (25 percent). I could be convinced by almost any number within that range.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/chance-donald-trump-impeached/

Archived