Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I think she will be wanting to divorce him,the body language does not look good, then he will be impeached, not sure which will come first.

regards worgeordie

Not sure about that. She seems to be having fun with her Jackie Kennedy impersonation act. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, iReason said:

Ex-CIA chief Brennan says Trump-Russia inquiry 'well-founded'

"Former CIA Director John Brennan has said an investigation into possible collusion between Trump campaign officials and the Kremlin is "well-founded".

"He told the House Intelligence Committee he was aware of intelligence showing contact between Russian officials and

"US persons involved in the Trump campaign".

"Mr Brennan said the Russians "brazenly interfered" in last November's US elections and were "very aggressive".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40017514

I watched the committee speaking with Brennan, and I don't recall him saying anything about collusion being anywhere near proven. As with everything up till now it's all "maybe" and "possibly".

The most he would say in public is that there may have been contact between the Russians and persons involved in the campaign, but he wouldn't say at which level they were.

1 hour ago, iReason said:

Trump retains Marc Kasowitz as private attorney for Russia probe: source

"The appointment of a private attorney may indicate that Trump is seriously considering the impact the federal investigation could have on him personally and that he may wish to protect himself should others in his administration turn against him."

"He has described former Senator Joseph Lieberman, a senior counsel at the firm, as a top candidate to serve as FBI director and is considering Edward McNally, a white-collar defense lawyer at the firm, as the next U.S. attorney in Manhattan."

"Kasowitz also represents OJSC Sberbank of Russia, the country's largest bank, which is being accused in a U.S. federal court of conspiring with granite company executives and others to raid the assets of a competitor."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-counsel-idUSKBN18J30W

Update:

Kasowitz has been hired.

And the current occupier of the White House eyes Lieberman as F.B.I Director.  :whistling:

And eyes another lawyer from the same firm to replace NY U.S attorney Preet Bharara who was investigating, guess who?

Fired US attorney was investigating Trump cabinet member, report says

"Preet Bharara, who said he was asked to resign but refused, and was then fired, was in the middle of a probe into stock trades made by Tom Price, according to the report."

"Price, a Georgia Republican and Trump appointee, was scrutinized for investments he made as a congressman when he came before the Senate last month."

"Bharara suggested on Twitter that his firing was politically motivated."

https://www.propublica.org/article/preet-bharara-fired-investigating-tom-price-hhs-stock-trading

Fancy that.

Move along folks, no dots to connect here...

US Attorneys are political appointments. Obama fired all of them when he became President. Trump only did the customary thing. Ambassadors also. 

Your not that sharp on American politic. 

5 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Interesting Fun Fact: After the House impeached Bill Clinton his favorability rating went up from 66 to 72 percent.

I would say that had more to do with the Starr effect than any greater love for Bill. Starr certainly caused me to be sympathetic to Clinton.

57 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I think she will be wanting to divorce him,the body language does not look good, then he will be impeached, not sure which will come first.

regards worgeordie

Unless you are a body language expert, your opinion on her body language is just that, an opinion. Any one thing can be interpreted in many ways. One has to know how to read clusters. IMO she is just not enjoying the hooha very much. I would certainly hate it.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The most he would say in public is that there may have been contact between the Russians and persons involved in the campaign, but he wouldn't say at which level they were.

"In public"

Perhaps now you are getting it... 

:coffee1:

Remaining votes are now slow coming in so about run it's course. I'm a bit surprised it is so close. The Americans I know in Thailand are almost exclusively Trump supporters. Maybe a lot of non-Americans participating.

Mod maybe for your next poll it could be something like :Would you invest in a Trump company, Yes or No?

Another: Who of Trump or Maoff would you feel safest investing money? 

Here is is a view from a Canadian reporter who has spent a long time in the M.E. & Washington. The writer is Norm MacDonald's (SNL Weeknd Update) brother.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/hypocrisy-white-house-1.4128063

1 hour ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

US Attorneys are political appointments. Obama fired all of them when he became President. Trump only did the customary thing. Ambassadors also. 

Your not that sharp on American politic. 

Except that Trump had previously asked Bharara to stay on.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/30/donald-trump-asks-preet-bharara-stay-us-attorney-n/

You're not that knowledgeable about American politics.

8 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Funny how you want to get rid of Trump just because he won but never complained about Obama even during crap like this. 

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/24/whistleblower-dhs-knowingly-let-ms-13-gang-members/

Off topic, dude.

The thread is about trump.

IF trump is impeached it won't be because he won.

Possible reasons IF investigations prove it include campaign collusion with Russia (treason) / financial corruption / emoluments clause / OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE. 

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unless you are a body language expert, your opinion on her body language is just that, an opinion. Any one thing can be interpreted in many ways. One has to know how to read clusters. IMO she is just not enjoying the hooha very much. I would certainly hate it.

So I am not allowed my opinion,but you are free to have yours,so unless you know her very well ?, she not enjoying the hooha(as you put it),you are

guessing just as much as i am. we will have to see.

regards worgeordie

9 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Obama fired all of them when he became President. Trump only did the customary thing.

President Obama cleaned house but at a slower pace, replacing many of the 94 U.S. attorneys one at a time instead of starting with a mass firing. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/11/precedent-right-after-1992-election-bill-clinton-fired-u-s-attorney-jeff-sessions/

Obama's approach not only placed continued faith in AG's faithfully doing their jobs but also minimized any disruption in ongoing investigations and prosecutions. Unlike Session's immediate evening firings. So what's customary? For Trump and his cabinet "tradition" seems to be thoughtless and fearful of politically disloyal AG's compared to Obama's measured and pragmatic change in appointed officials.

4 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Funny how you want to get rid of Trump just because he won but never complained about Obama even during crap like this. 

But, but, but, Hillary, but, but, but, Obama, But, but, but, Bill Clinton...

Yawn.

:coffee1:

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I would say that had more to do with the Starr effect than any greater love for Bill. Starr certainly caused me to be sympathetic to Clinton.

Once again, you're mind reading. I assume you are a licensed mind reader. Before the impeachment Clinton's favorability rating was at 66 percent. Afterwards it went up to 72 percent.

2 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Annoyed Republican voter - "President Trump, let's run to  the upper chamber and silence a verbose Democrat."

Smiling President Trump - "Nah, how about we  walk down there and watch as they hang them selves?"

trump081315.jpg

There's a lot of truth in that cartoon since the elephant is a symbol of the Republican party.  As for the dialog at the top, was there supposed to be humor in there. If so, I suggest you use emojis to signal that fact. 

If not, what was the point.

In either case, a remarkably inept attempt at something.

5 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/24/whistleblower-dhs-knowingly-let-ms-13-gang-members/

Saying 'yeah but Obama' isn't an argument for trump, it's just evidence that they're both inept. If you're trying to convince people that trump is a good choice as pres,  try showing how the country's better off since he took office, or at least how good his policies are.The 'yeah but argument' is just trolling.

Poll: Majority believe Trump is abusing his presidential powers

"A majority of people in the United States believe President Trump is abusing his powers, according to a new Quinnipiac University survey released Wednesday."

"The poll found 54 percent believe Mr. Trump is abusing his presidential powers and 43 percent said he isn't."

"More than half of the public, 55 percent, said they believe Mr. Trump fired James Comey as FBI director to disrupt the federal investigation into possible collusion between Russian officials and Trump associates to interfere in the 2016 U.S. election."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-majority-believe-trump-is-abusing-his-presidential-powers/

Quinnipiac University: The darling of pollsters for the Trumpeteers.

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

I cannot believe the arrogance of your post. How do you know that worgeordie does not know how to read 'clusters' of body language expressions? Yet it's ok for you to give YOUR opinion! Please save us from any more of your comments which you seem to structure so as to make other members look inferior compared to your mammoth gargantuan intelligence - NOT! A word of sage advice from someone clever - 'If you can think of nothing useful or constructive to say, don't bother saying anything'.

3 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

A: Double entendre:shock1:

B: Hint - DEMS:passifier:

7 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Are you seriously trying to tell us your post contained a double entendre? It did not, do you know what they actually are?

He should leave humor, if that's what he was attempting, to the experts. Or at least to those who have a sense of humor.

http://theweek.com/articles/699571/foolish-fantasies-impeach-trump-crowd

excerpt:

To remove Trump from office via impeachment, you need a two-thirds majority of the Senate. Even if all 48 Democrats and Democratic-aligned independents voted in lockstep to impeach, you'd still need 19 Republican senators to join them. That's a fantasy — at least based on what we know now, both about Russia and about the GOP-held Senate. It probably wouldn't even happen if, as Trump himself once imagined, the president shot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue.

Remember, neither of America's impeached presidents, Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, was actually convicted and removed from office via such a Senate vote. Why? Because it's really, really hard to do.

518zHIW2OAL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Best you got? There are grounds for the investigation to happen and it is proceeding. We likely won't know the conclusions of it for a very long time.

Speaking of the midterms if Ossof wins the special congressional election in Georgia expect the Republicans to majorly freak out. That would show that association with trump is super toxic even in red state red districts. Such a realization would increase the odds of more Republicans getting on board with impeachment if the evidence is there.

Again don't make any final conclusions about whether the evidence will be looking there or not. Too early for that.

Archived