British/Thai actress who killed cop "drink driving and incoherent" after fleeing accident at Bangkok pub

webfact

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

She wasn't tested for Alcohol or Drugs when the car she was driving hit a parked car and killed its occupant (a police officer). This does not prove she wasn't drunk, this only proves that the Police involved with the arrest were negligent. As you suggest, this leaves room for 'reasonable doubt' in the eyes of the law. 

However, we (the public) have the luxury of making our own judgement and comments without the burden of proof. If you have seen the video of her behavior that night (in 2015) its quite apparent that she was drunk or under the influence.

Fast forwarding to recent events. The Police did make a very fast arrest. I would speculate that they were called due to her behavior inside the club, the reports suggest somewhat of a tantrum before she left, then had an accident in the car park before getting arrested 500m down the road. It's also possible that the police were waiting 500m down the road so they could arrest her driving on a public highway rather than on a private car park. 

With regards to the damage to the Mitsubishi, its likely that is being handled privately.

You assuming from This video and This video that she was under the effect (she look very frightened and worry, but to classify her as under the effect I need much more)... Still the FACT that she wasn't tested so she wasn't drunk, as you say you have the luxury of making your own judgement but here between a 'she must be put down', 'she's a b...h' etc. we are not talking about judgements but of hate speech. She was arrested 500 mt away and she was argumentative and incoherent said the police that don't want to relesa how much she was drunk, and before she get caught she paid the owner of the Mitsubishi....yeah it's a perfect plausible Thai story

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

You assuming from This video and This video that she was under the effect (she look very frightened and worry, but to classify her as under the effect I need much more)... Still the FACT that she wasn't tested so she wasn't drunk, as you say you have the luxury of making your own judgement but here between a 'she must be put down', 'she's a b...h' etc. we are not talking about judgements but of hate speech. She was arrested 500 mt away and she was argumentative and incoherent said the police that don't want to relesa how much she was drunk, and before she get caught she paid the owner of the Mitsubishi....yeah it's a perfect plausible Thai story

You must be well into your Changs now!  She was tested and found to be over the limit.  That is if you are referring to the video in the OP?  She looked as though she was sitting on her car in the video so I assume that you are referring to her being 500m away from the bar in which she had already (allegedly) had a hissy HiSo fit and caused a disturbance.

Put the disturbance in a bar alongside the fact that she had driven only 500m, hit a parked vehicle, got herself arrested by the Police, tested and found to be over the limit, then I would suggest that she probably was drunk and deserves everything they can possibly throw at her, given her  fairly recent relevant history.

This raises a couple of questions in my mind.

Are you on her PR team, by any chance?

Were you in the Michael Jackson fan club and really, really thought he just liked children?

If it looks like a pig, smells like a pig, you cook it eat, it and it tastes like bacon it was probably a pig!

4 hours ago, Psimbo said:

In this case it  was not 'a few baht' it was over 6 million. Personally I find it distasteful but its their country not mine.

Rubbish, she said she would refuse to pay anymore then 2 million, and the insurance company stumped up over half of that. The final settlement was never disclosed.

You must be well into your Changs now!  She was tested and found to be over the limit.  That is if you are referring to the video in the OP?  She looked as though she was sitting on her car in the video so I assume that you are referring to her being 500m away from the bar in which she had already (allegedly) had a hissy HiSo fit and caused a disturbance.
Put the disturbance in a bar alongside the fact that she had driven only 500m, hit a parked vehicle, got herself arrested by the Police, tested and found to be over the limit, then I would suggest that she probably was drunk and deserves everything they can possibly throw at her, given her  fairly recent relevant history.
This raises a couple of questions in my mind.
Are you on her PR team, by any chance?
Were you in the Michael Jackson fan club and really, really thought he just liked children?

If it looks like a pig, smells like a pig, you cook ieat it and it tastes like bacon it was probably a pig!

unfortunately for you I'm not drinking at all and I do hate drunk people, but in this instance I just see a bunch of haters that are just spit sentences and this lady just deserve a bit respect and to be guilty if a court of law decide so.

As I said, good evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

I'm referring to this video from 2015... 

She is clearly upset, there is room to suggest that she was so devastated that her mental faculties were disturbed to such a degree she appeared under the influence.... at the 2:20 mark...hmm... 

That said: This lady has reportedly misbehaved in a night club, she's hit a car in the car part, she's been arrested 500m down the street and proven to be over the legal driving limit (an undisclosed amount)... There really is no defending her. 

I agree with your comment on the 'hate speech'... some posters fail to present their thoughts in a civilized manner, there will always be extremist views, this will always be the case, we can ignore these people. For those who are prepared to politely argue and debate their differences of opinion these forum pages remain of interest. 

5 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

unfortunately for you I'm not drinking at all and I do hate drunk people, but in this instance I just see a bunch of haters that are just spit sentences and this lady just deserve a bit respect and to be guilty if a court of law decide so.

As I said, good evening.

As I said earlier, delusional.

Her ducking and diving after killing the policeman in her last slaying spoke volumes about her character and the fact that she followed the well trodden path towards this mock spirituality, abusing the Buddhist culture for reasons of evading justice says even more about her, her character and her morals.  Do you not remember her trying to wriggle out of a half way decent payment for the policeman's family?

Deserves respect?  Hardly.

In a civilised country with a far less corrupt judiciary, offenders are judged by their peers.  Is this not what is going on here, on this forum?  You may not think so as you seem to have put her on some unassailable pedestal.

The real question is why you are so hell bent on defending her loathsome actions and character?

8 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

As I said, good evening.

I too see a bunch of haters. However, with the exception of a handful of overzealous comments most of the comments made have been very reasonable given this lady's history, her past behavior and attempted manipulation of the media followed by recent events and behavior. 

Everyone deserves respect until they demonstrate otherwise. I fail to see how this lady continues to deserve any respect at all. 

I fail to see how this lady continues to deserve any respect at all. 

Because she paid for the accident with the cop, that it, she's clean of that crime if you like it or not.

What we talking about here it's another story totally unrelated, you can put it the way you want, but for killing the cop she paid, not itch jail but with money (the Thai way) but she paid and she's clean.

If you spend time in jail because you are a thief when you're coming out you're clean do you agree with me on this? So is she, family paid millions and as I said the case is closed, but a lot of people here judge this matter over another, somebody just said that I'm a PR, I'm just a person that accept the country where I'm living in for what it is, nobody give me the right to judge a Thai woman or the Thai juridical system.

It's look like nobody in this discussion has never ever took advance of the way it work in here.

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps you are playing devils advocate and wish to present a counter argument against the posts of those who would have this lady hung... 

However, for the benefit of this discussion I would like to clarify a couple of your points with the following question: 

Do you believe this lady is innocent of her alleged actions, including 'throwing things in a night club' and 'driving under the influence of alcohol and hitting another car' ?

Not to forget...

When reporters arrived at the police station to film her, Anna screamed incoherently at them and the officers.

Anna shouted.

“Ake, your name is Ake, have you thought that your actions might have affected anyone in a higher position?”

2 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

Because she paid for the accident with the cop, that it, she's clean of that crime if you like it or not.

What we talking about here it's another story totally unrelated, you can put it the way you want, but for killing the cop she paid, not itch jail but with money (the Thai way) but she paid and she's clean.

Actually that's not entirely correct, she received a suspended prison sentence, and community service. I'm trying to find out what date the sentencing took place, how long the sentence was suspended for, and how long the prison term was. Anyone know?

Do you believe this lady is innocent of her alleged actions, including 'throwing things in a night club' and 'driving under the influence of alcohol and hitting another car' ?

Nothing to show from the 1000 cameras inside the club and apparently no other car to show except the Z4 BMW Sport (white), IMHO she can have done every single thing she's accused of, but nobody has to judge her over something that she has already pay for.

20 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

If you spend time in jail because you are a thief when you're coming out you're clean do you agree with me on this? So is she, family paid millions and as I said the case is closed, but a lot of people here judge this matter over another, somebody just said that I'm a PR, I'm just a people that accept the country where I'm living in for what it is, nobody give me the right to judge a Thai woman or the Thai juridical system.

It's look like nobody in this discussion has never ever took advance of the way it work in here.

No, she didn't pay for her alleged crimes. She was let off after distastefully negotiating a financial settlement to a poor family, half of which was paid for by her insurance (I believe the undisclosed sum was alleged to be 2 million baht). 

It this very point that many people have issue with - An uneven playing field whereby those with money are permitted the luxury of not being truly accountable for their actions.

I disagree with a number of your comments in the above post:

1) Payment cleans the slate - It does not: It ridicules and weakens the legal system that is supposed to be here to protect us.

2) Whenever I read or hear the words "its the Thai Way" its usually used to explain something unacceptable to many (including Thai's) and is used where a more intelligent response is lacking. 

3) If you spend time in Jail, the slate is not wiped clean, you are released on parole. The sentences for reoffending are more severe. Previous crimes of similar nature (related) are taken into account.

4) The numerous Thai's I know cannot accept this behavior, why should you. You don't need to go native and start losing your moral compass just to enjoy living here. 

5) As a human, you have the right to form an opinion and judge anyone.

IF this lady drives drunk and kills someone next week, next month, next year even...  would you disagree with those who would suggest that it was preventable ?

Drinking and driving is a no-no. PERIOD! Those caught driving while under the influence should be arrested on the spot and spend a night in the nick to sleep it off. Then court to stand trial. No exceptions!

If you want to kill yourself, by all means go ahead and do so, but don't endanger others in the process. 

Despicable behaviour. 

IF this lady drives drunk and kills someone next week, next month, next year even...  would you disagree with those who would suggest that it was preventable ?

No, but this doesn't make any of us a judge. As I said is the Thai way like it or not, all that was made to her Sunday night was made to make her appear bad again and resuming a story of 2years ago.

There are millions of cameras in Thailand but the only footage you can see in all the videos is about her going crazy.

I tell you something, she was (according to the staff member) with a male friend at the club but no track of him in any video, what if he was driving, what if he did hit the Mitsubishi and flew the scene.

But probably as 'she's a train wreck' she managed to do everything alone and now is free to kill again.

4 hours ago, Artisi said:

OK, but drink and drugs and then blaming the family driver after fleeing the scene, should be a lot more than 5 years, more like 10/15 plus big payout based on wealth. 

I look at it this way, the real offence was DUI, there was no intention to kill, but they should not have been driving, therefore is it not better to have a more server penalty for DUI drivers instead of a "close the stable door after the horse has bolted" approach to DUI.

Yes, the only difference is someone died and she could probable afford the blood money without batting an eyelid, but that is not going to bring back the poor police man. better to get the drunks off the road in the first place.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some people are saying she 'needs help'.... Why ?

If its for suspected alcoholism, she is just doing what many people her age do. She goes out and has a drink with friends, thats fairly normal and acceptable. What isn't acceptable is that she drives home drunk and has already killed one person. She doesn't need help, she needs disciplining in accordance with the law without being permitted to pay her way out of it. 

This system of giving the minimum penalty for fake atonement is highly flawed as it continues to place everyone else at continued risk at the whim of system which respects wealth above all else. 

Of course she needs to be punished. She also needs help. I don't think it's necessary to ask why as it's quite obvious. 

4 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

U kidding? Most of my insomnia lovelies are about this gone when we hook up...lemme tell you they go off like a frog in a sock. 

Well, stroke mah mullet, slap mah thighs and holler "YEEE-HAAA".

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some people are saying she 'needs help'.... Why ?

If its for suspected alcoholism, she is just doing what many people her age do. She goes out and has a drink with friends, thats fairly normal and acceptable. What isn't acceptable is that she drives home drunk and has already killed one person. She doesn't need help, she needs disciplining in accordance with the law without being permitted to pay her way out of it. 

This system of giving the minimum penalty for fake atonement is highly flawed as it continues to place everyone else at continued risk at the whim of system which respects wealth above all else. 

Atonement is important, it helps the victims receive fairer compensation (civil law compensation is tiny in Thailand), what they need to do is increase the minimum penalties. Killing someone through recklessness should carry guaranteed jail time - even just 6 months for a rich celebrity would be a massive deterrent.

The maximum fines need to be increased too, rich people do pay higher fines in Thailand but when the maximum is 10,000 (or 20,000, can't recall) for death through negligence then the fine doesn't deter them at all.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

2) Whenever I read or hear the words "its the Thai Way" its usually used to explain something unacceptable to many (including Thai's)

Agree, my Thai adult son was talking about this last night, he says the Thai webboards are overflowing with this event in terms of the lack of proper justice, both this event and her previous event, and many comments saying regardless of whether she's an actress or celebrity she should be punished, if proven guilty, the same as any other citizen.

Actually It's not the first time my son has shared all of the above comments in regard to postings on the Thai webboards.

17 hours ago, MekkOne said:

No, but this doesn't make any of us a judge. As I said is the Thai way like it or not, all that was made to her Sunday night was made to make her appear bad again and resuming a story of 2years ago.

There are millions of cameras in Thailand but the only footage you can see in all the videos is about her going crazy.

I tell you something, she was (according to the staff member) with a male friend at the club but no track of him in any video, what if he was driving, what if he did hit the Mitsubishi and flew the scene.

But probably as 'she's a train wreck' she managed to do everything alone and now is free to kill again.

"now is free to kill again." About the only true words I have seen in any of your comments.

On 2017-05-22 at 9:58 AM, YetAnother said:

i fail to understand this practice here; crimes are violations of the overall criminal code; they are violations of a society's rules; they are violations against all of us; dropping that case because the parties agreed on money ?!

Here it is more about relationship than law,and of course money trumps all.

Archived