$$When was the last time you got RIPPED off$$

Rc2702

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Bit rich that I mean your kinky ken, Ken.  3 birds on the go 77 years young. The guy just appealed to me. 97 working hard still and even ripped me off in the process and to this day we share a wry smile when we cross paths no harm done at all. If he asked for more I probably would have paid up.

I tend to be a good tipper anyway, but at 97 I would question him being a good driver. And I recently had a CM songthaew, older fellow, maybe near 70, funny guy - who took 2 of us off route, had to wait, had to find a location - - and then refused any tip at all... 20 baht per person and he would not take more... 

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

So how is it you figure you got ripped off anyway?

The 50 baht cost of journey was charged at 200 baht.  Normal cost is 50 baht. 

Edited by Rc2702

The 50 baht cost of journey was charged at 200 baht.  Normal cost is 50 baht. 

Personally, I only think something a ripoff if I am cheated.

In the absence of a meter, if I fail to agree on a price before I leave, shame on me.

I used to travel with a carnival. If a grab-joint has no price listed, you can bet it will vary depending on how you look...

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

Personally, I only think something a ripoff if I am cheated.

In the absence of a meter, if I fail to agree on a price before I leave, shame on me.

I used to travel with a carnival. If a grab-joint has no price listed, you can bet it will vary depending on how you look...

I somewhat agree with you. Take responsibility at root cause. Did not ask. 6 months ago he picked me up at same spot and we agreed a price of 80 baht prior to boarding.