Pattaya begins electricity overhaul

Rimmer

Pattaya begins electricity overhaul

PATTAYA:-- Work on a 3-billion-baht overhaul of the Pattaya’ electrical system has begun, city business leaders were told.

Speaking at the May 17 Pattaya Business & Tourism Association Meeting, PEA Pattaya manager Niruth Charoenchob said the utility currently is preparing for the massive construction job by building a new electric substation in the Chumsai neighborhood that can support the growth of the city over the next five years.

The PEA is investing 11.7 billion baht to upgrade its infrastructure in Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai and Nakhon Ratchasima by 2021. The Pattaya portion of that is 3.1 billion baht.

As part of the project, 46 kilometers of overhead wiring will be moved below ground. The plan is to make the electricity supply more stable and reliable.

Work has begun on Pattaya Center Road, starting from the entrance of Sukhumvit Road down to the Provincial Electricity Authority. One lane will be blocked off from May 1 to July 31. People are being advised to avoid this route, with PEA mailing out announcements and apologies for the inconvenience.

Read more:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-begins-electricity-overhaul-175702

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-05-26

Good news for road users? I hope roads and footpaths are left in good order. There does appear to be various "beautification" projects on the go in Pattaya just now. Do I detect a strategy?

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Work has begun on Pattaya Center Road, starting from the entrance of Sukhumvit Road down to the Provincial Electricity Authority. One lane will be blocked off from May 1 to July 31.

So just as the tunnel and hopefully the traffic lights to cross Suk reopen with the resultant increase in traffic they will start this.

2 hours ago, champers said:

I hope roads and footpaths are left in good order

I hope the PEA do a better job than the water board - the main along 3rd Road from Central to North still has many stretches of unfinished road and pavement - in one area the top of the uncovered pipework is level with the current concrete road surface............

Huh? What growth over the next five years? We all know the city's dying. Pollution, thuggery, no beach, jet ski scam, crappy promenade, blah blah. No tourists; Golden Egg Layers fled to Cambodia. White elephant malls, no customers.

They're not gettin' the message. Must be for show and brown envelopes.

Edited by JSixpack

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Huh? What growth over the next five years? We all know the city's dying. Pollution, thuggery, no beach, jet ski scam, crappy promenade, blah blah. No tourists; Golden Egg Layers fled to Cambodia. White elephant malls, no customers.

Absolutely- popped down to Foodland- saw 2 cars , a pickup and an elderly lady sweeping the pavement in front of her closed and shuttered shop. It was terrible to think it was once a thriving city. 

22 hours ago, Rimmer said:

46 kilometers of overhead wiring will be moved below ground

do they mean 46 wires between pylons a kilometer apart

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Still a damn site cheaper than what I was paying in the UK, quit yer bitchin :smile:

I don't live in the UK I live here. It is Thailand we are talking about not the UK. quit yer comparin.

18 hours ago, JSixpack said:

You forgot police bandits.

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I do hope this will not become another Pattaya half uncompleted project left a mess to inconvenience people.

You mean like the crosswalk signals or Bali Hi or the beach

nourishment project or all the flood control projects or the

new Pattaya sports stadium or the beach promenade or

the water treatment/sewage plant? 

On 27/05/2017 at 0:55 PM, fforest1 said:

You mean like the crosswalk signals or Bali Hi or the beach

nourishment project or all the flood control projects or the

new Pattaya sports stadium or the beach promenade or

the water treatment/sewage plant? 

Yes, just like those (and a few others).

Yesterday at "Central the beach"  there was a  long power cut, the emergency lights kicked in but it soon became rather hot without the aircon running...and people left on mass,  strangely the actual "Central department store"  seemed to have full power but no aircon

came home to Na-Jomtien  to find the clocks all reset....  reset them and  a couple of hours later another 5 minute blackout :sad:

On 26/05/2017 at 3:20 PM, topt said:

So just as the tunnel and hopefully the traffic lights to cross Suk reopen with the resultant increase in traffic they will start this.

I hope the PEA do a better job than the water board - the main along 3rd Road from Central to North still has many stretches of unfinished road and pavement - in one area the top of the uncovered pipework is level with the current concrete road surface............

They have left the entire length of South Pattaya road in a bad state since laying the water pipe in 2006

h3.thumb.jpg.07ee37a221d600c5bd0f0b18be1cb422.jpg

the junction of South and 3rd  2017

16641006_1872220046382791_67124210639155627_n.jpg.3cd1b3f8466756aaa1f354dd0f262c69.jpg