Woman’s severed body found in Khon Kaen

webfact

Woman’s severed body found in Khon Kaen
By Siwa Loho
The Nation

7e80a7ac4cb49a73dd9db839db11d9f8-sld.jpe

KHON KAEN: -- The body of a young Thai woman, severed in two pieces, was found on Thursday afternoon in a plastic water container buried in a wooded area in Khon Kaen.

Tattoos on the chest and the back enabled police in Khao Suan Kwang district to identify the woman as Warisara Klinjui, 22, a karaoke-bar receptionist.

One of the tattoos bore the full name of Warisara’s female “tomboy” friend, who was interrogated for an hour the same day and then released.

The absence of either a phone or cash on the body led police to initially suspect the murder might have involved a robbery, but there is also speculation about jealousy in a personal relationship.

Warisara’s husband, Nong Khai native Sakchai Bahtthemdee, 35, a construction contractor, was summoned for questioning on Friday morning. 

The couple were married in February and Warisara moved to Bangkok to be with him, but then relocated to Khon Kaen, where she told Sakchai she would stay with a relative. 

Police said Sakchai, who had sent his wife money for expenses throughout her time in Khon Kaen, discovered that she was staying with a “tom” friend she’d known before their marriage and they had a quarrel about it. 

Police planned to interview more witnesses and have not ruled out any motive or suspect.

A CCTV camera at a convenience store near Northeastern Technological College in Muang district recorded Warisara withdrawing cash from an ATM machine on the night of May 23 and making purchases in the store before hopping on a motorcycle driven by someone with short hair. 

Warisara’s grief-stricken mother, Sairung Klinjui, arrived from Chai Nat along with relatives on Friday to identify the body. Police asked her to provide a DNA sample for comparison with the victim’s as evidence.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316390

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-26

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police said Sakchai, who had sent his wife money for expenses throughout her time in Khon Kaen, discovered that she was staying with a “tom” friend she’d known before their marriage and they had a quarrel about it. 

I bet they did. 

RIP

Husband "Are you seeing another man?"

Wife: "I can swear by all things holy I am not seeing another man"

Okay, the murder is awful (I assume not a suicide), but still brings to mind how some are good with with lies by omission.

38 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

RIP

Husband "Are you seeing another man?"

Wife: "I can swear by all things holy I am not seeing another man"

Okay, the murder is awful (I assume not a suicide), but still brings to mind how some are good with with lies by omission.

Good assumption!  Hard to cut yourself in half and then separate yourself!  555

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

Sounds like the husband had a thai motive.

Or the victim told the gf it was over and things went appallingly badly for her. . 

Lets face it, we don't know and the story is sparse on details. 

Woman cut in two - Khon Kaen police rule out involvement of husband

woman.PNG

Image: Daily News

Police in Khon Kaen have ruled out any involvement of the husband of the karaoke receptionist found cut in two in local woods.

Instead they are concentrating on finding out who the victim sent money to just before she died.

Twenty two year old Warisara Klinjui or "Em" was found in a water container buried in the woods in the Khao Suan Kwang area.

She was identified from tattoos one of which was the name of a friend of hers who is a "tom".

She had married her husband Sakchai Bahtthemdee in February and the couple initially lived in Bangkok before the victim moved back to Khon Kaen.

She was meant to be staying with her grandmother but it is understood she moved in with a "tom" of her acquaintance instead.

Daily News said that the husband had been interrogated in a "marathon session" but that police were happy that despite an obvious motive of being angry with his young wife he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

Without going into details police said that the evidence exonerated him.

Instead cops in the north eastern city are saying that 2-3 other people are involved in "Em's" killing.

In a latest development they said that they are trying to find out who the victim was sending money to just before she died.

She is believed to have transferred the money at a convenience store ATM near the university of the north east.

Investigations continue in the case.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-27

Just bloody sad whatever the circumstances and sick jokes about seperation etc should be given a red card. Is there any decency or respect for the dead left amongst us supposed humans? Imagine if she was your daughter, niece, sister in law.....

17 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

hmmm......who can explain some aspects of human nature?

Jealously perhaps....one of our basic instints.

To thr best of my knowledge....animals don' t have it.

Then again, not so sure, give one dog a pet and the other will snuggle up for same.....then again....maybe that's just him seeking a bit of love too....not jealously.

Condolences to all her family, friends and loved ones.

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

In a latest development they said that they are trying to find out who the victim was sending money to just before she died.

She is believed to have transferred the money at a convenience store ATM near the university of the north east.

Why divulge to the world (and the perpetrator), what might be vital evidence, before following through with the enquiry!

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Gruesome and sad.

And on our beloved F...book you can see the clear picture of the two body parts :bah:

I am somewhat hardened but this I closed in a second.

After the Koh Tao murders, someone put a photo on someone's FB wall that ended up on my wall. A few days later, on another thread, I asked who on earth would want to see such photos and someone sent me an URL to a site that shows only gruesome photos. I didn't go to that site and I suggested to the clown who sent me there that he needed help to overcome his mental affliction.

21 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Why divulge to the world (and the perpetrator), what might be vital evidence, before following through with the enquiry!

Surely the police must have received help in locating where the body was buried, they didn't just go to a remote area and decide to dig? Possibly there is a lot more they know about this than they are revealing.

1 hour ago, todlad said:

After the Koh Tao murders, someone put a photo on someone's FB wall that ended up on my wall. A few days later, on another thread, I asked who on earth would want to see such photos and someone sent me an URL to a site that shows only gruesome photos. I didn't go to that site and I suggested to the clown who sent me there that he needed help to overcome his mental affliction.

I think many gore hunters may be spurred on by shitty reality shows such as "Fail Army" or "1000 ways to die" shitty reality shows TRUE Visions replaced HBO programming with. I find it disgusting that people can be entertained by the misfortunes of others. I will miss my GOT. 

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

Surely the police must have received help in locating where the body was buried, they didn't just go to a remote area and decide to dig? Possibly there is a lot more they know about this than they are revealing.

Just what I was thinking nahkit.  She withdrew cash from an ATM 4 days ago then 2 days ago the body was found after being buried . More to this but I doubt we will ever hear more.

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

You're probably right, but also someone could have stumbled across the site or smelt the decay.

Looking at the pics, the location doesn't seem to be too far off the road.

Yes, that's a possibility but looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like anyone had dug up the ground prior to the police arriving and I don't think someone in a remote area would report just a funny smell to the police (and if they did, I doubt if the police would care).

My money's on they had a tip-off of some sort.

My condolences go to the family, 

one thought I have not seen mentioned yet, they say she worked as a "receptionist" at a karaoke bar, I suspect receptionist is a word to soften bargirl. 

I suspect perhaps a disenchanted customer foolishly separated from cash may be a culprit worth looking into. 

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

My condolences go to the family, 

one thought I have not seen mentioned yet, they say she worked as a "receptionist" at a karaoke bar, I suspect receptionist is a word to soften bargirl. 

I suspect perhaps a disenchanted customer foolishly separated from cash may be a culprit worth looking into. 

What a nasty thing to say. With no evidence whatsoever you have turned this unfortunate lady into a bar girl.

On 9-5-2017 at 11:56 AM, seajae said:

again this shows the cowardice of these low lifes, aiming to kill women and children. When is the govt going to issue death warrants on these people instead of hiding from them. Put bounties on their heads and pay for them to be shot, like most terrorists they get their jollies by killing innocent people that cant shoot back at them. They know who many of them are, time to issue reward posters on them, 1 million baht dead or alive, make them watch their own backs and not be able to trust anyone, seize anything they own as well, pussy footing around with them is doing nothing.

If you cannot decide or choose between us ( sami or Tomboy) than we honestly split you up in 2

19 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Or the victim told the gf it was over and things went appallingly badly for her. . 

Lets face it, we don't know and the story is sparse on details. 

I do know that. Just like the husbands in Thailand use to handle situations that falls out of their comfort zone, though.

On 5/26/2017 at 3:58 PM, Kabula said:

Hard to cut yourself in half and then separate yourself!  

Those of us with a functional brain would agree.

The local police.... I wouldn't rule anything out