Video: Motorcyclist survives as bike spliced in two in Chonburi accident

webfact

Video: Motorcyclist survives as bike spliced in two in Chonburi accident

CHONBURI/PATTAYA: -- A motorcyclist escaped death after a collision with an 18 wheel truck that crossed the central reservation in wet conditions in Na Pa district of Chonburi on Sunday.

Pictures posted to Facebook by Jojoe Shilinney showed the bike cut in two and the Maersk truck embedded in a shop front after the accident in front of the local municipal offices.

Foundation medics on the scene told TNews that both the rider of the bike and the driver of a pick-up survived and were taken to hospital.

Source: TNews

7pm1.jpg

7pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-30

Just another day in Thailand.

Road wet, truck going too fast for the conditions.

When driver is questioned he will give the usual !! brakes failed !! excuse, get fined 500 baht, now on your way.

Na Pa is not a district, it is a sub-district of Meuang Chonburi, for anyone who is interested.

What appalling driving by the truck driver. I suspect he lost control of the trailer due to speeding, not driving to conditions, excessive braking, panicking, poor maintenance. Seriously injuring and endangering others' lives should have ramifications. There will be none for the driver here sadly.

30 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Spliced in two? Splicing normally results in the opposite effect, something I don't think will happen with the bike. 

Hah! No disrespect but You wanna bet? Tit

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

Na Pa is not a district, it is a sub-district of Meuang Chonburi, for anyone who is interested.

What appalling driving by the truck driver. I suspect he lost control of the trailer due to speeding, not driving to conditions, excessive braking, panicking, poor maintenance. Seriously injuring and endangering others' lives should have ramifications. There will be none for the driver here sadly.

Yes I have seen a lot of these Maersk container trucks around Thailand, especially thru the Tak mountains towards Burmese border & they do drive like complete fools. ???

1 hour ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Spliced in two? Splicing normally results in the opposite effect, something I don't think will happen with the bike. 

don't you believe it, that bike will be back on the road before the rider.

1 hour ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Yes I have seen a lot of these Maersk container trucks around Thailand, especially thru the Tak mountains towards Burmese border & they do drive like complete fools. ???

Maersk are one of the largest container companies worldwide - nothing to do with truck / driver -

I know without doubt,due to 50 plus years driving hgvs the trailer did not have brakes,or if it did the lines were not switched on,thats the reason we see the truck jacknifed,tractor had brakes but was pushed on by the unbraked trailer.Pure neglect and disregard for all other road users,its to be hoped the unfortunate bike rider will survive without serious injury.

One hell of a way to get to the other side! I hope the motor cyclist will be okay but I think many broken bones. The truck driver should be banned from driving...but of course that wan't happen.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Very lucky (assuming the bike rider will not come out paralyzed).

The video from the source report.

Click the link and extend to full size.

http://clip.tnews.co.th/clip_1496034292_5508.mp4

I you have seen that you would surely assume that the victim is dead.

...not one bystander even broke into a trot to see if those on the road were ok...is that why there are very few track and field competitors here.

7 hours ago, lvr181 said:

And where were the people "rushing" to help the poor bloody motorcyclist?

It,s essential that they complete all photos/recordings and upload onto the media sites first,then they are free offer any help :cheesy:

3 minutes ago, tifino said:

... but you never know what else is barrelling down then road...

Find ways to help not reasons for not helping. Of course you must first make sure the way is safe in order to help.