How many miles does a scooter roughly do?

I have a Yamaha Nouovo  the old 135 model about 6 years old, must say been very reliable infact nothing apart from flat tyres has ever gone wrong with it. I was wondering how many miles they should be able to reliably do as im nearing 60k on mine and while still reliable, its starting to look a bit worn where iv dropped it a few times the odd scrape and juts general wear and tear.

Not sure where to fix up the fairings get it all looking nice or with 60k on the clock trade it in for a new one.

I kind of asked this when I was offered my friend's scooter which had 67k kilometer (it's not miles here, but km). I got the bike and cost me 4k baht to repair engine piston,  clutch,  belt,  variator etc. , the bike is going well now,  but not sure for how long... (it probably needs brake pads, tires and transmission check soon). 

I guess at 60k km,  yours needs some overhaul like belt,  clutch etc.,  if you have not changed these already. After this it will go a lot more, repairs are not that costly here anyway (not like in UK for example). 

But saying that an old bike is an old bike, it won't become new by these repairs, the question is do you get the bug to get one when you see all these new scooters around and if you're tired of your old looking bike.....! 

21 minutes ago, Agusts said:

the question is do you get the bug to get one when you see all these new scooters around and if you're tired of your old looking bike.....! 

Personally no when it comes to a scoot,  my Airblade was one of the first out in Thailand 2006 l think,  I would say this of course it still looks good against any new IMO.

592e471769225_images(9).jpg.28298ac37ce2a13ab4ce989031280f52.jpg

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Personally no when it comes to a scoot,  my Airblade was one of the first out in Thailand 2006 l think,  I would say this of course it still looks good against any new IMO.

That's the picture of a brand new bike, if yours looks like that after 11 years, and rides like the day 1, then you must have kept it in a glass box... ! Well  done.

4 minutes ago, Agusts said:

That's the picture of a brand new bike, if yours looks like that after 11 years, and rides like the day 1, then you must have kept it in a glass box... ! Well  done.

Yeah only use it in and around the village l live in,   that's what l bought it for 16,000 kilos already.  :laugh:

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

...have always thought the AirBlade was the most attractive of the automatics.

...for underbones: Wave 110.

Excellent lines both.

For the YNE135, well maintained

>200,000km could be expected.

Lucky to get B5000 on trade-in.

New plastic not too expensive, get quote from dealer.

;-)

Edited by papa al

12 minutes ago, papa al said:

Lucky to get B5000 on trade-in.

New plastic not too expensive, get quote from dealer.

If l understand what your getting at my Mrs just got 12,000  finance on my blade just recently from a loan company.

It is the limited phoenix paintwork edition and have got one scratched panel that a little one on a bicycle did,  thought it might be expensive, so thanks l'll get a quote, the rest of the bike is still like new.  :thumbsup: 

You will be very surprised and happy at how inexpensive it is to replace plastics here.  Ive known other foreigners that have driven around on bikes that look worse for wear and when asked why they don't replace damaged plastics to make the rides look better....nah to expensive is the normal reply.

When I tell them an average cost they are well surprised.  Its like giving their rides a new lease of life.

I'm still shocked by the prices one has to pay for these items back in the old homeland.  Crazy profit margins I expect, and before someone brings up transportation costs.... you can put a lot of spare parts into a container.

Yes the little auto scooters are really robust and can go on for many years.

I think a set of complete set of plastic panels for my pcx can be had for app 9k baht.

Not that I gonna buy any, like it just as it is, a bit battle scared and I doubt I could get the money back for the panels, if I decide to sell it with new panels.

Edited by guzzi850m2

1 hour ago, CMKiwi said:

You will be very surprised and happy at how inexpensive it is to replace plastics here.

I'm gonna inquire now that people mention this, l was put off because it is not like the one in the picture l posted the panel is not a one colour red there's a black impregnated design because of the scoot being a limited edition. 

Edited by Kwasaki

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm gonna inquire now that people mention this, l was put off because it is not like the one in the picture l posted the panel is not a one colour red there's a black impregnated design because of the scoot being a limited edition. 

That would be good to know.

Blikes look better without stickers usually.

IpHA.

Please b4 & aft if u do.

;-)

Edited by papa al

9 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Airblade parts are very cheap, limited edition or not. I replaced nearly every panel on my Airblade for about 2000B including fitting. i just wanted it to look new again. An ex owns it now and it still has zero issues after about 60,000kms on the clock.

13 minutes ago, macknife said:

Airblade parts are very cheap, limited edition or not. I replaced nearly every panel on my Airblade for about 2000B including fitting. i just wanted it to look new again. An ex owns it now and it still has zero issues after about 60,000kms on the clock.

Thanks again,  as l said before only need one side forward panel and want it back looking new again.  :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Sell it and buy a month  old Aerox155 instead. 

Nah !!   OP compare the two to look at,   more like a copy Airblade 10 years on.  :laugh:

images.jpg.925f02fb9688a4960aac112f2eeae064.jpg

My point is the Honda Airblade looks just as good IMO ahead of it's time and only been used to potter around my village why change it.

Fast scoots are doggy if you want my opinion, especially watching the kids on them that have had no training.

Also my wife's Yamaha scooter is as old as my blade and it's falling to bits, body paint faded and has had quite a lot of mechanical problems over the years where as the blade has had none.

Edited by Kwasaki

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Also my wife's Yamaha scooter is as old as my blade and it's falling to bits, body paint faded and has had quite a lot of mechanical problems over the years where as the blade has had none.

A Nouvo?

I think the Nouvo 135 is one of the more durable small bikes, with possibly only the Super Cub being tougher.  I had one for a while, and the only issue I had was cold starting, and the only replaced parts were the battery and tyres.

I sold it to a friend several years ago, and it's still going strong 

I also replaced some of the plastics after being hit from tbe rear by a pick up truck, whilst I was sitting at the lights.  Bike flipped over, so most panels scratched, but replacement was cheap.

I'm not sure what can fail - with a bit of servicing - I don't think they're likely to wear out much. I just dropped a GSX-R because servicing was getting a bit too much (9000 for a used radiator IF one could be found, otherwise a VERY expensive import... sold it for 90,000).

PCX is cheap as chips (services start around 160 baht and I just got stung for brake pads and a battery change - all in for 1200 baht; the price a routine oil/filter would cost for the GSX).

More interesting is the upgrade - what would you upgrade for? It's going to be something cool like keyless ignition, improved comfort, or safety... otherwise just paint the nail and keep it going.

I'm not sure if they ever die - I had a C90 in England for a while - the throttle never came off the stop, I found that after screaming it for 10 minutes at max throttle it'd get hot and add another 5mph on the top end... nearly 60mph ;) That had 103,000 on the clock when I bought a new bike - the guy who took it in for partex stripped the motor and said still like new inside.

Edited by ben2talk

2 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

It's the looks you care about?

I am interested in looks in cars and motorbike for sure as well as the ride.

I bought the Airblade on looks also the name drew me to it as well when it came out because l had a Fireblade for 12 years. 

Yesterday I heard about a early model Honda Click that had gone 130.000 Km, only regular service.(Farang wife owner) No engine overhaul, that's very impressive! 

And I also know about two other Honda Waves(farang owned) that has gone 80 and 90 thousand km. Only regular services.

My friend have a 110 click with about 60 000 km on the clock. His wife has his old bike, also a 110 click, this bike  has 130 000 km . My friend say only regular service for both bikes, nothink else. 

Edited by hansiver