British expat Danny Glass denies fatal reckless driving charge, seeks donations for legal help

webfact

27 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, in the first video he made he was very heartfelt, and admitted that he caused the accident.

When exactly? He states that because the vehicle in front of him braked suddenly he hit the the brakes and the bike wobbled and because there were two people on board it was hard to control and we went into fight of flight mode, whatever that means.

Then he continues babbling about his extra sensory and metaphysical abilities....

So he blames the vehicle in front of him and her being on the back making it hard to control.. What the hell....??!!

No mention that the problem was that he was going too quickly to be able to control the bike. Just blaming everything else.

I'm English and understand the spoken language perfectly..  I'm angry that you made me listen to that sh*t again.

He shouldn't have been so quickly that he couldn't control the bike, especially because he had a woman and unborn baby on board.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, JamJar said:

The video shows a lot, to those who know for what to look.  

There is a wealth of information in the video that confirms, at the very least, driving without due care and attention.

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean the evidence isn't there. 

I certainly don't agree with your statement that it is difficult to check what is happening in front of you when riding a scooter. that is just crazy. I am super focussed on the road conditions when I'm riding. Especially what is going on in front of me.  If you can't do that, you are going too fast for your riding ability.

That being written, things can happen, objects in the road, people coming out of side roads without looking, dogs, sand....

But none of these things have been claimed by Danny. We are writing simply of vehicles slowing  in his lane and his going too fast to him to be able to respond safely.

Vehicles slowing down is not an abnormal situation when on the roads. 

The point is people make mistakes. but has Mr Glass admitted to making one?

very good point and post :thumbsup:

Baiting the Prosecutor's Office while your case is still open is worse than political suicide.  Lee Aldhouse will be glad to have a new prison partner.  Arrest, sentence, deport, ban.....I bet Mr. Vegan will be more than happy to get his milk powder from the British Consular Officer.  

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

And that (to me) is the point - the video shows pretty much bug..r all!

As for the '2 second gap' and similar comments - have you tried leaving the sensible safety gap?  Its immediately filled by other vehicles....

I'd add, that its easy to just keep your eyes on what is happening in front of you whilst driving a car - far more difficult when driving a scooter when it becomes essential to keep checking on what is happening around you.

Having said this, I don't find him to be a 'likable' character either as he doesn't seem to show any care or concern that he was responsible for the death of his girlfriend.  The vast majority of us (I hope) would be stricken with grief and blaming ourselves - rather than posting (immediate!) videos going on about our innocence and 'I've spoken to her and she doesn't blame me' - or words to that effect :sick:.

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

The video shows a lot, to those who know for what to look.  

There is a wealth of information in the video that confirms, at the very least, driving without due care and attention.

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean the evidence isn't there. 

I certainly don't agree with your statement that it is difficult to check what is happening in front of you when riding a scooter. that is just crazy. I am super focussed on the road conditions when I'm riding. Especially what is going on in front of me.  If you can't do that, you are going too fast for your riding ability.

That being written, things can happen, objects in the road, people coming out of side roads without looking, dogs, sand....

But none of these things have been claimed by Danny. We are writing simply of vehicles slowing  in his lane and his going too fast to him to be able to respond safely.

Vehicles slowing down is not an abnormal situation when on the roads. 

The point is people make mistakes. but has Mr Glass admitted to making one?

I never said "it is difficult to check what is happening in front of you when riding a scooter" and so have no idea why you would infer this when replying  "I certainly don't agree with your statement".

An obvious 'strawman argument'.

I was merely making the point that its easy to concentrate 100% attention on what's happening in front - when in a car.

FAR more difficult when on a scooter as anything and everything happening around can result in injury/death - therefore necessitating frequent glances all around.

I also pointed out that maintaining a 'safe distance' is very difficult, as other vehicles move into this convenient 'gap'.....

"objects in the road, people coming out of side roads without looking, dogs, sand" are MOSTLY easy to spot in advance - if paying attention - but I assume they are the things that have left you close to having an accident.....

30 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'd add that its disturbing to read so many references to 'pregnant woman/unborn child'.

So we should only care if there was a pregnant woman/child who died in this accident??

Get a grip the point is extremely obvious. Having a pregnant woman on board and driving recklessly is simply absurd and this is what happened that's why the tragedy occurred due to one man's failure to act responsibly. Shall we just ignore the facts 

On 5/31/2017 at 1:24 PM, catman20 said:

mate i could not have put it any better.

your spot on when i looked at the you tube video i thought id clicked on the wrong video and thought i was watching an advert for Amway products or something similar. the mans a disgrace, 

I may not have been able to put it any clearer but I am sure I could have put the same case much more briefly.  However, the sentiments expressed seem to be right and the request for 300,000 does seem a bit much to say the least.

On 5/31/2017 at 3:22 PM, harleyclarkey said:

I don't get many of you here with your insinuations and innuendos.

Maybe he is not what you might consider conventional.

But please wake up to the fact he is responsible for the death of his partner and mother of their child. He was in control of the bike....possibly rode too close to the car and was not paying 100% attention which you always must do on a bike.

He has to live with this tragedy and the guilt till the day he dies. He will relive the crash, the sound of the bike going down, the lorry, his partners last moments. This won't leave him. 

Be a little more sympathetic and lay off him with all this detective work.

I believe the point being made by several posters was that perhaps he should be doing his grieving in a slightly more private manner, as opposed to lengthy posts on U-tube.  Everyone to his own though!

10 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

... and the request for 300,000 does seem a bit much to say the least.

That's for Danny's [bottle & glass] living expenses.  You owe him a duty to fund his free-spirited vegan lifestyle, so just hit that PayPal button.  How else is he is expected to operate in this cruel world.

I'm going to donate a fart in his general direction.  That's the type of guy I am.

50 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I never said "it is difficult to check what is happening in front of you when riding a scooter" and so have no idea why you would infer this when replying  "I certainly don't agree with your statement".

An obvious 'strawman argument'.

I was merely making the point that its easy to concentrate 100% attention on what's happening in front - when in a car.

FAR more difficult when on a scooter as anything and everything happening around can result in injury/death - therefore necessitating frequent glances all around.

I also pointed out that maintaining a 'safe distance' is very difficult, as other vehicles move into this convenient 'gap'.....

"objects in the road, people coming out of side roads without looking, dogs, sand" are MOSTLY easy to spot in advance - if paying attention - but I assume they are the things that have left you close to having an accident.....

I don't even know why you are posting. Really. You just seem intent on putting your foot in your mouth.

Making ridiculous assumptions and similarly obtuse statements.

Of course it makes a difference if you have a woman carrying your baby on-board. You slow the **** down and drive defensively. Take an extra minute to get to your destination and arrive safely.

I ride extensively in Thailand and over the years have seen and heard why other people have accidents and take that into account when I'm riding. 

So none of those things have left me close to having an accident. Because I ride with those things in mind. 

The closest I've been to an accident of late was when driving down a main road. Someone on a motorbike with a passenger riding pillion came out of a side street and crossed the main road and onto the street opposite without slowing down or even looking.

I too had a passenger riding pillion. It was only my reaction that stopped the collision.  The girl on the back of his bike screamed for her life. The idiot showed no concern for her life at all. Even people walking on the pavement screamed because they saw the idiot shoot out of a side street and straight across the main road without even slowing down thinking that there was sure to be an accident.

I was able to see the hazard in time and stop without hitting him. I didn't even skid. That is what I would describe as an unexpected hazard. Not normal traffic in front of me slowing down.

If he couldn't react to the the slowing down of traffic, he was going too fast. Doubly inexcusable when he had the responsibility for someone who depended on him to keep them safe.

14 minutes ago, GuiseppeD said:

Where can I find this interesting information?  Thanks.

Type in sun fruit Dan on YouTube.  Title heading.  I need your help urgently. Under that video. I looked yesterday it was on 1250 and today 2000.

The guy apparently made a terrible mistake, which sadly resulted in the death of his girlfriend and unborn child.  Most of us who have been driving for many years have experienced a few near misses, sometimes our fault and sometimes the fault of others, but either could perhaps have resulted in the unfortunate death of someone involved.  Mr Glass did not want his girlfriend and unborn child to die and we should remember that and not wish him to serve a lengthy prison sentence as suggested by some.

Our main criticism should be directed at the way he has conducted himself while staying in Thailand and in his actions since the tragic event occurred.

12 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Type in sun fruit Dan on YouTube.  Title heading.  I need your help urgently. Under that video. I looked yesterday it was on 1250 and today 2000.

Freaking heck, someone just donated 529 quid just two hours ago.

When I looked at his YouTube video dated today I note that he's gone straight for the PayPal option so couldn't tell.  This guy's raking it in.   

That's it, I'm going do something that hasn't been done before and I'm going post a YouTube video titled 'I need your help urgently!' and 'I need your help urgently! Part 2 (How to Donate)'.  I'll really rinse it and hope to be a millionaire this time next year.  I might even do a Part 3 just to mop up.  

If the TV sleuths wanna have a stab at figuring out this guy why not uncover any potential past issues to uncover a bit more about Mr Danny Glass who appears to have been unknown under the name Danny Glass until 2014.  Yes I am fully aware this is unsavoury but Mr Glass's actions and diminished responsibility have Brought the great name of British people to Shame and it strikes me as very odd that all the content I have personally viewed I do not find one hint of a friend or past acquaintance or comment dating back to his previous life before sun fruit Dan.  Actions and attempts to conceal such information draw suspicion and he has bragged about being a "big time drug dealer" in a video in thailand (Chiang mai) video upload by MASTA BANANA video title "interview with sun fruit man" sorry but whilst he should be going through absolute turmoil right now all I see is a self indulged focussed individual seeking profit from a tragedy he has failed to take responsibility for. So if this chap wants to be in the public eye so bad I dare ask what is beneath the facade of sun fruit Dan which is also his name on FB I am advised?

31 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

For anyone who can't find the above mentioned video.

I had to laugh at the comments from 1.38 , maybe he's forgotten his own words.

Something about responsibility.  Yes very ironic that.

Forgetting about the dubious character of Mr Glass or his video's, IMO , to raise money for an event that has yet to occur and not knowing the exact costs involved is fraud and deception.

Apart from pulling a figure from thin air how could he come to the conclusion that 7.000 Pounds is what's needed?

While the judge is looking into the case of the accident maybe he should be looking into this matter too.

This whole thing has gone from distressing to disgusting as far as I"m concerned.

14 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

Forgetting about the dubious character of Mr Glass or his video's, IMO , to raise money for an event that has yet to occur and not knowing the exact costs involved is fraud and deception.

Apart from pulling a figure from thin air how could he come to the conclusion that 7.000 Pounds is what's needed?

While the judge is looking into the case of the accident maybe he should be looking into this matter too.

This whole thing has gone from distressing to disgusting as far as I"m concerned.

Have a feeling that this is just another scam in what is likely a long list of serial scamming over the years. Some of Ms. Anderson's videos are very telling and offer some insight into "issues" she had or was having with Mr. Glass in her life.

And yes. You are 100% correct. It is disgusting. 

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

In the first video, released the afternoon after the accident. There was no talk at all about extra sensory abilities or similar, he simply admitted he made a mistake and seemed really, genuilly upset.

" I'm angry that you made me listen to that sh*t again."

Get a grip on yourself. You seem to have some issues with people who don't judge as fast as you and don't jump to conclusions based on unclear information.

Yes, I do have an issue with certain kinds of people. I need say no more than that.

Getting back to Dan, it seems that more and more people are agreeing with my point of view.

Only the 'usual suspects' here liking each other's posts.

Perhaps you can link us to the video where he doesn't claim extra sensory abilities and appears 'genuilly'(sic) upset.

The one that you made me view again is "Heart Breaking News My Pregnant Girlfriend Sophie Died In A Tragic Accident". That is where he claims to have extra sensory abilities and that she was angry, but then she forgave him.

So if there is another video, perhaps you can link to it.

That way I can view that video, rather than have to scroll through his disgusting content. 

He's listed another vid today showing his love to all his haters and that this is just a reflection on our own inner anger and turmoil....jeez couldn't make this guy up...btw looks like he's connected to Thanapurya school in some way by his t shirt?

I did not make you view any video.

The afternoon after the accident he posted a video, that is the one I am referring to. I hope you can find it, because I am not doing that for you in spite of you having 'to scroll through his disgusting content'.

14 hours ago, Goldieinkathu said:

For anyone who can't find the above mentioned video.

I had to laugh at the comments from 1.38 , maybe he's forgotten his own words.

I managed to watch just over the minute of the video before I dumped it.

18 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Perhaps you can link to the initial thread since you claim to know where that may be.

Do you know how to produce a link? It's not difficult.

Is this the thread to which you refer? 

Perhaps you can point to the post that contains the video where he admits that he made a mistake, looks 'genuilly'(sic) upset and doesn't mention his extra sensory abilities?

I'm beginning to think that you are just a Troll.

With every post you lose more credibility. 

Why would you not post the link that confirms what you assert? You are just making yourself look silly.

Why would you want to do that??

Post a direct link to what you assert or everyone here will understand that it doesn't exist and you are just making a fool of yourself.

Correct, if you have conflicting info better to at least name the title of video you watched. He may well have admitted responsibility but what's strange is since he learned he is to be charged by the police for his reckless behaviour he now appears to be doing the opposite. 

Just now, colinneil said:

Jam Jar, do not get too upset, stevenl was doing the same with me in another thread, cannot admit to being wrong.

O can see that. The ridiculous thing about stevenl's objections is that he has already admitted that he thinks the accident is 100% Danny Glass's fault.

So his argument seems to be about his perspective of whether Danny Glass has accepted the blame or not.

It seems to be only he that imagines that Danny G Glass has accepted that he and he alone is at fault.

Everyone else can see clearly that Danny G Glass has done everything to deflect the responsibility from himself, apart from stevenl. 

Archived