US comedian Kathy Griffin apologises for 'beheaded Trump' photo

webfact

16 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

So do you believe all the polls concerning Trump or only the ones that support your beliefs?

well its a thaivisa poll…so i hardly think it was being manipulated by vladimir putin….

do you suspect foul play? lol

• Like 1

Yawn. No time for lefitculitis.

On another note, I am pleased to see griffin has been sacked so quickly and efficiently.

Hopefully a few more cnn clowns will go into meltdown soon…..starting with don lemon and that buffoon chris cuomo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

Yawn. No time for lefitculitis.

On another note, I am pleased to see griffin has been sacked so quickly and efficiently.

Hopefully a few more cnn clowns will go into meltdown soon…..starting with don lemon and that buffoon chris cuomo.

Yes, the sacking of a comedian is clearly significant development in the news business. Although come to think of it, the probably applies to O'Reilly as well. Except that Griffin was trying to be funny.

• Like 1

Another leftie apologist speaks:

"Griffin's firing by CNN drew widely divergent reactions, with one Twitter follower, Anand Elgie, calling her termination "over reaction," adding: "she had a bad moment of judgment... Trump bring out the worse in us all."

Griffin obviously has no idea that an image has a lot more power and is remembered a lot more than just words someone utters.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Another leftie apologist speaks:

"Griffin's firing by CNN drew widely divergent reactions, with one Twitter follower, Anand Elgie, calling her termination "over reaction," adding: "she had a bad moment of judgment... Trump bring out the worse in us all."

Griffin obviously has no idea that an image has a lot more power and is remembered a lot more than just words someone utters.

Really?

"Obama, he's a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary [Clinton], you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch."

"We need to ride onto that battlefield and chop their [Democrats] heads off in November."

Edited by ilostmypassword

9 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Really?

"Obama, he's a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary [Clinton], you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch."

"We need to ride onto that battlefield and chop their [Democrats] heads off in November."

no one remembers words except serial googlers and cut and paste artistes like yourself.

what everyone remembers is some disgusting &^%$# holding up a dismembered, bloodied head of a democratically elected president/president elect/head of state as a sick joke.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

well its a thaivisa poll…so i hardly think it was being manipulated by vladimir putin….

do you suspect foul play? lol

The poll is really a little off-topic in this discussion.   Whether one believes that Trump will be impeached or resign does not necessarily signal support for him or his presidency.  

Feel free to post your analysis of the poll in that thread, not this one.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

no one remembers words except serial googlers and cut and paste artistes like yourself.

what everyone remembers is some disgusting &^%$# holding up a dismembered, bloodied head of a democratically elected president/president elect/head of state as a sick joke.

Most objective observers would agree that Ted Nugent became notorious for his violent threats against the President Obama. I guess if you major news sources are Fox News and Breitbart, not so much.

• Like 1

It's not over because Griffin is still dealing with the fallout and for her, it might never end.

Good news though.

Jerry Seinfeld and Jim Carrey have come to her defense.

Seinfeld:

“It was another bad joke. Every comedian tells bad jokes. We all do it. That’s how we find the good jokes. So someone told a bad joke – so what, I don’t understand the big deal.”

Carrey:

“It is the job of a comedian to cross the line at all times, because that line is not real.”

http://forward.com/fast-forward/374050/seinfeld-comes-to-kathy-griffins-defense/

Edited by Jingthing

13 minutes ago, uptheos said:

She's a second rate crass comedian, whose time might be up thank heaven!!

I shut the television off when I saw her and that rat looking Anderson cooper doing New Years Eve.

Her humor is bottom of the barrel like many of the US comedians nowadays.

Saw a joke photo of her working at McDonald's - if I were McDonald's I'd sue her.

Good riddance.

• Like 1

Her claim to fame is embarrassing Andy Pandy, by pretending to go down on him NYE at Times Square. If that's the best she can do, its good that CNN canned her and CNN keep a lot of rubbish, so that's saying something about her.

Wow working at McDonalds, I wonder what the bun smelled like?

Edited by uptheos

1 hour ago, uptheos said:

She's a second rate crass comedian, whose time might be up thank heaven!!

Boy, it's not often I find myself agreeing with the right-leaning members, but Griffin, IMO, is cringeworthy.   I don't necessarily turn the TV off, but she spends a lot of time bouncing off the bottom of nasty remarks.   

Although she is a comedian and they get a lot of leeway, she needs to tone down her humor and add a bit of intellect to it.   

Trump provides Comedians with a lot of fodder, no need to go as low as she did.   

• Like 1

On 1.6.2017 at 10:03 AM, Traveler19491 said:

the so-called President

May I remember you he is not a so-called president but an elected president, elected in a fair, free and democratic election from the people of the United States of America...

29 minutes ago, Ralf61 said:

May I remember you he is not a so-called president but an elected president, elected in a fair, free and democratic election from the people of the United States of America...

I guess his behavior is so nasty and irrational that it's hard to believe that he is the President.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ralf61 said:

Respect the office, not the current dangerous clown occupying it. 

• Like 1

She's far from my favorite comedian but people that know her only from the New Year's Eve gig and the bloody head (which was not typical of her) really don't know her. Her previous long running show about the "D List" was really quite funny, especially about her wino mother. She has camp appeal and a huge gay following. Or had. I don't know if anyone will book her for anything now and that seems wrong to me. 

Edited by Jingthing

35 minutes ago, Ralf61 said:

No, you may not "remember" me. He is NOT a President in the classic sense. He won the electoral vote, not the vote of the people. He has zero class, zero knowledge of even the simplest workings of government, he is not respected by world leaders, he has gone out of his way to alienate our most valued allies, he violates every sense of decency, he acts brutish around other world leaders, shoving them aside to massage his own ego and trying to "out manly-man" them with his ridiculous handshake, he has the intellect of a cabbage and the speaking skills of a toddler, he puts our national security at risk daily with his refusal to attend security briefings, he felt it more important to sit in his bedroom tweeting about how unfair the New York Times is rather than be present in the Situation Room as a Navy Seal was dying for his country on a mission that he authorized...I can keep this up forever. In short, NO, HE IS NOT A PRESIDENT, AND I WILL NEVER REFER TO SUCH A LOW LIFE PIECE OF IGNORANT GARBAGE AS SUCH.

I hope that clears things up for you.

• Like 1

Comedy isn't always funny. Sometimes it bites too much or falls flat. That's a risk comedians take. Where would we be if they all started playing it safe?

Yeah but I'm not even sure the bloody head was intended as comedy. More like political theater. Also protected free speech in the USA at least so far.
  • Like 1