Two who killed man for iPhone sentenced to death

webfact

4 hours ago, shady86 said:

They get what they deserved. I'm still amazed with people opposing death penalty because only strict law will deter people from committing these kind of crimes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I guess you support Sharia Law then. Strict enough for you?

Of course, where there is Sharia Law they STILL have crimes like these so superstrict laws don't do a lot except satisfy the slavering sado masochists a little.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't belive they will be executed anytime soon. If ever.

2008 - 0 executions

2009 - 2 executions

2010 - 0 executions

2011 - 0 executions

2012 - 0 executions

2013 - 0 executions

2014 - 0 executions

2015 - 0 executions

2016 - 0 executions

2017 - 0 executions

Number of individuals in Thailand currently under death sentence: 649

----------------------------

Also given curent political situation, when military is controling the country, I don't believe, that they will be keen to proceed with any executions at all. Having military goverment is hard on country already. It's hard on relationships with other countries. It's hard on relationships with huge multionation companies and making them invest here. And if this military goverment starts to executing people, it would worsen their position and legitimacy. I think they don't won't any blood on their hands. Especially if it's blood of these low lifes, which archieves nothing. And they could lose everything.

Looks like more like a life sentence. Flavored with a little bit anxiety, when guards starts to unlocking your doors at 2am.

4 hours ago, Prbkk said:

But of course it doesn't act as a deterrent, proven time after time around the world. It might meet the need for vengeance, might make people feel safer...but it will not serve any useful purpose .

Correct, but frees up space for someone who should be in prison. 

4 hours ago, Prbkk said:

But of course it doesn't act as a deterrent, proven time after time around the world. It might meet the need for vengeance, might make people feel safer...but it will not serve any useful purpose .

Firstly, it's not about being a deterrent, it's about preventing the same perpetrators from committing similar acts once they've been freed from prison, as statistics back up the claim that rehabilitation doesn't work either. This viscous attack, stabbed 7 times, for an iPhone warrants the death penalty, otherwise the message being sent out would be that criminals would be allowed to murder anyone carrying an iPhone to only receive a useless jail term.

Also, to state that it's proven worldwide it doesn't deter criminals from murder needs to be backed up, which would be hard to prove. Now if you'd said the state of Texas, or some other US states, whereby it's easy to get off with a plea bargain and avoid the DP altogether then you might have a slight point, but then the argument would be that the US Justice system is too lenient, not that the DP is a deterrent. And what's wrong with vengeance? If someone ***** murdered me I'd want that **** hung, drawn and quartered. The "serving a useful  purpose" is that that the scumbag gets to feel the same fear he meted out to his victim and won't be allowed to do it again... not in this lifetime, anyway. Personally, I can't see why you're so screamish about the rights of a murderer unless you have a similar mindset as the criminal and fear the same sort of retribution.

4 hours ago, the donger said:

No it wont, because people don't expect to be caught or weigh the pros/cons. Murder isn't a rational decision.  

These two have wasted the poor victims life and their own. 

Who cares about their lives, their lives were forfeited the minute the first knife injury was inflicted. 

9 minutes ago, mrfill said:

I guess you support Sharia Law then. Strict enough for you?

Of course, where there is Sharia Law they STILL have crimes like these so superstrict laws don't do a lot except satisfy the slavering sado masochists a little.

Sharia Law didn't event the death penalty, so I don't see your point. One can only be sadistic if one is actually the perpetrator. The masochist part of your analogy is illogical unless you happen to enjoy the pain of punishment. As it's the executioner that's doing the killing, and not the commentator, your point is invalid. You'd have been better saying "satisfying a bloodlust" and not misusing sado-masochism in the same sentence. 

4 hours ago, G Marks said:

Good riddance to bad rubbish but........... How did the second fella get the death sentence too?  He doesn't seem to have a knife or in fact hardly touch the victim, surely he could plea his way out of that easy enough?   Accessory to murder at best.

It was all premeditated.  The 2 of them were in it together; "Accessory to murder at best"?  There's no "BUT" about it!  The sooner these oxygen thieves get their just dessert, the better.

2 hours ago, JustNo said:

It has been proven time and time again not to be a deterrent

Rubbish, it had been proven over and over again at been effective at deterring crime..

See, it's easy to say things as facts when you don't back then up.

They deserve the sentence.

But "...the model, also known as Anna Reese, had been charged with drink driving that killed a police officer in 2015. She was given a suspension jail-term for the offence..."  once again one law for the poor another for the rich/connected. :post-4641-1156693976:

Mr PM you should be ashamed! Where is the equality of justice for all? :whistling:

1 minute ago, lvr181 said:

They deserve the sentence.

But "...the model, also known as Anna Reese, had been charged with drink driving that killed a police officer in 2015. She was given a suspension jail-term for the offence..."  once again one law for the poor another for the rich/connected. :post-4641-1156693976:

Mr PM you should be ashamed! Where is the equality of justice for all? :whistling:

Please give it a rest about that case , everything seems to get compared to that on a daily basis

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Please give it a rest about that case , everything seems to get compared to that on a daily basis

Oh..sorry, perhaps I should have quoted other cases? :whistling: That was the latest one that came to mind.  

Oh well, too bad, so sad, never mind :smile:

4 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Useful Purpose: Not being a burden on the state while incarcerated, and not being given the chance to kill again, in or out of prison.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Apple, the make of IPhone can use this story as an advertising gimmick

with : "our phones are so good, people kill for it ".. yeah a bit macabre

but all is fair to get the sales up....

Or," our phones are worth dying for".  

5 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Sure it will...

Two murdering scumbags hopefully will be executed soon, not pardoned by you know who, and also then no longer capable of being released out of prison in some number of years after "good behavior" reductions and annual pardons or sentence reductions by you know who -- something that seems to happen here even with those sentenced for murder and other very serious crimes.

And I'm not even a supporter of capital punishment. I'm actually opposed to it. Except here in Thailand, getting a real life prison sentence that ought to protect society from these kinds of criminals seems to often NOT end up meaning a real life sentence, or even necessarily a very long sentence. So in the absence of a functioning correctional/prison sentences system, I regretfully conclude that execution is the next best alternative for these kinds of criminals.

5 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Parole doesn't work very well either with around 60%+ reoffending, and lifetime in jail is a waste of money

What else is there? 

Well my two cents; put them away for life and they may become killers for hire in the jail system.

If they're that callous, why risk the life of a fellow prisoner who could be inside for a comparably

negligible crime and have a price put on his head for something petty; like a perceived loss of face?

5 hours ago, Prbkk said:
5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

About time this lawless society was reigned in... Will it deter others ? Lets hope so....

5 hours ago, Prbkk said:
5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Better stick with the 500 baht fine system then, that seems to work a treat !!

No, I think 30 years would be a good starting point. 

Interesting exchange, where we see once more that advocates of the death penalty are irrevocably in denial.

'Will it deter others ? let's hope so' says the pro DP,  when it's been proven time and time again that no, it doesn't deter others, and for psychological/social reasons which are not that difficult to grasp. So obviously it's not that he can't be convinced, but that he doesn't want to be convinced.

Prbkk then makes his point in a rational and civilized manner, which immediately elicits sarcasm from the other guy. Why sarcasm, rather than a rational and civilized counter-argument ? Because there is no such argument. Death penalty is about anger and revenge. It is a kind of ideal murder, where your rage is sanctioned by the authorities. We are in a world that is more and more muzzled by the politically correct stance, and one of the negative consequences is that suppressed rage festers more and more inside individuals. Where there is too much pressure, outlets appear, and the death penalty issue is one of them.

This was such a vicious attack as the poor victim had no time to prepare or even defend himself, obviously not expecting to be stabbed to death for for the sake of a gadget.

I believe they would have attacked others again & destroyed more families lives if not caught this time round. Was it really worth killing someone for such a menial item which may have been sold on for a few thousand baht.

A fitting punishment for these two disgusting animals!

Interesting exchange, where we see once more that advocates of the death penalty are irrevocably in denial.

'Will it deter others ? let's hope so' says the pro DP,  when it's been proven time and time again that no, it doesn't deter others, and for psychological/social reasons which are not that difficult to grasp. So obviously it's not that he can't be convinced, but that he doesn't want to be convinced.

Prbkk then makes his point in a rational and civilized manner, which immediately elicits sarcasm from the other guy. Why sarcasm, rather than a rational and civilized counter-argument ? Because there is no such argument. Death penalty is about anger and revenge. It is a kind of ideal murder, where your rage is sanctioned by the authorities. We are in a world that is more and more muzzled by the politically correct stance, and one of the negative consequences is that suppressed rage festers more and more inside individuals. Where there is too much pressure, outlets appear, and the death penalty issue is one of them.

You Liberal soft on crime brigade don't get it ! Death penalty is the punishment not a deterrent !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, Prbkk said:

many  like  these reoffend, at  least  when  dead they  cant

6 hours ago, Prbkk said:

yes, it does.

They will not do it again !

imagine they go to jail, escape and do it again !

It could be you or your child !

So ,the only solution for killers like this ,is kill them as fast as possible .

Archived