• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You may as well ask what came first the chicken or the egg. :biggrin:

I've set my budget for the foreseeable future @  between 43 & 45. 

Here is an Excel file of the GBP/THB rate from the beginning of the year from KBank and the yellow highlighted is from XE which generally is about 50 satang above the KBank rate.

Forex plotted v03.xls

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Here is an Excel file of the GBP/THB rate from the beginning of the year from KBank and the yellow highlighted is from XE which generally is about 50 satang above the KBank rate.

Forex plotted v03.xls

Good file but as the op hasnt stated what currency he is talking about yet. Plus get ready to add to the file GBP is going to be like a yoyo on a very long return string over the next few days or so

Edited by jeab1980

5 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Good file but as the op hasnt stated what currency he is talking about yet.

Yeah miss that  :w00t:   l seem remember the picture name asking about £ could be wrong. :smile:

13 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Good file but as the op hasnt stated what currency he is talking about yet. Plus get ready to add to the file GBP is going to be like a yoyo on a very long return string over the next few days or so

I update it every day anyway.

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I update it every day anyway.

I do keep an eye on it week to week but untill its time for my yearly injection of pension from Gibralter i tend not to be to concerned. May hold it over  again (can hold over yearly payment  for 3 years before having to take it) next year if it hasnt climbed up again.

Edited by jeab1980

Baht dropping like a rock?

I must have missed something.

Can you give some numbers and examples please.

The Euro is one of the currencies with some movement since April. Has grown against the Baht from terrible to bad rates (in a long time range).

14 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Baht dropping like a rock?

I must have missed something.

Can you give some numbers and examples please.

The Euro is one of the currencies with some movement since April. Has grown against the Baht from terrible to bad rates (in a long time range).

Only one l know  :laugh:

https://themoneyconverter.com/GBP/THB.aspx

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You may as well ask what came first the chicken or the egg. :biggrin:

I've set my budget for the foreseeable future @  between 43 & 45. 

Definitely the egg.

dropping ?  yes the baht

the pound have been gathering pace for last few months from 43.1 to around 44.6

ive been watchijng as i just sold my condo and need transfer funds back to uk before pound keeps rising, it now suits me for baht to drop back down to 40-41 to GBP

I have used this site for quite some time:

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?From=AUD&To=THB

Simply open multiple pages, for grphing whatever, any and every Currency combo of interest to you... concurrently.

The graphs can go back 10 year if you want; to see the relative trends between whatever currency combinations.

anyhow, it's been the most versatile for us  IMHO, and it was pretty good last year, whilst travelling between Aust, Thai, SING, UK, Euro countries...

all the while macro juggling currencies and transfers between - all Online,  on our Travelex/CashPassport cards

That's funny, the exchange rate I get has the baht getting stronger against the US dollar. I don't remember the exact dates, but I think in April the rate was ฿35.50:$1. In May it was ฿34.31. A couple of days ago it was ฿33.85. The normal language is that the dollar is dropping -- it's getting weaker, because $1 buys fewer baht, its value is less. I have no idea why. My guess is it has something to do with Trump being president*.

19 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Since March it has been dropping like a rock. Any ideas, news, predictions?

your asking a question that no one can really answer

£ has dropped 20% since brexit

But has now steadied to a certain extent 

Due to the present circumstances,  the £ is volatile on numerous fronts,  whether economic. political or media attention just to name a few

Exanples  we go to the polls on 8th June.  In the eyes of the world a conservative victory will mean stability thus a increase in the value of the £ and the opposite if a labour win occurs. If no clear winner also a decrease

The German PM Merkel made a statement recently that the US and UK were not to be trusted in the EU. Bearing in mind we need to create a trade deal with these countries it had an immediate effect on the strength of the £

If a manufacturing plant relocates for financial reasons (manufacturing has been declining for 20 + years),  the media may well blame it on brexit.

Untrue but the  effect and damage on the £ is already done

Hopefully as trade deals are met maybe the £ will increase sufficiently enough

I just wish the controlling political  parties in the UK would stop trying to undermine each other to the point of pulling the country down,  in their attempts to get into power

baht.png.eadbf8c9f84757b89ccd913562bc7a38.png

19 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Since March it has been dropping like a rock.

Actually the baht has been rising relative to major currencies, particularly the USD, which is why you get fewer baht for your foreign exchange.

More to do with sinking dollar, Trump, British elections, low to negative interest rates in western countries, etc ... all nothing to do with Thailand. 

Edited by Suradit69