Dismemberment case suspects risk death penalty

snoop1130

23 hours ago, nausea said:

Done to death on another thread I think - there is no death penalty in Thailand, on the books but not carried out since 2009.

Absolutely correct.  2 executed in 2009 and previously in 2003.

Around 650 on 'death row' who have 3 chances of appeal.  Appeals often get commuted to 'life' and of course an application to the king for a pardon.

I don't think you'll ever see another death penalty carried out.  Handing down the death penalty means absolutely nothing!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

How does one commit an accidental murder?  I suppose it was accidental dismemberment also.

Maybe you should take a look at the definition, which is the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.  I think they will need more than the help of counsel, given the overall scenario.:wai:

U got it by the balls Si. I don't know what happened am asking a question. so if u know please enlighten.

Ah but they are not using any make up.

It all depends on what the General wants. Sir Henry Bolte, Premier of Victoria won an election after the last person in Australia was hung. Hangings always go well for elections. "Diamond" Jim McClelland wrote a good article on capital punishment a few years back.

So if she has got 1 million baht it would be better as a gift to u know who.

• 1 month later...

I've always seen a legal system's ability to order an execution as a punishment for certain crimes as State-sponsored murder and, thus, equally unlawful (if not immoral).  However, details released so far about the behaviour of these mentally-corrupt young  goons seem to constitute strong arguments in support of the idea that a death sentence can sometimes make a positive contribution to the well-being of the community.