Driver jumps for his life as Mercedes Benz smashes into broken down car in heavy rain in Nonthaburi

webfact

Driver jumps for his life as Mercedes Benz smashes into broken down car in heavy rain in Nonthaburi

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A driver who had crashed in heavy rain last night had to run for his life as a Mercedes Benz ploughed into his vehicle.

The SLK200 driver was a 22 year old employee at a well known Sathorn area hotel, reported Sanook. Named only as Chakriya, she was rushed to a Chang Wattana hospital in a serious condition.

The driver of a Mazda, thirty nine year old Kraisee, said that he had hit a barrier in heavy rain. He tried to move his car but it wouldn't start.

He saw the Mercedes hurtling towards him and fearing an imminent collision he ran for his life escaping just in time before the impact.

Another car, a Ford Everest driven by Surawut, 33, then went into the wreckage and was slightly damaged.

The accident happened on the Chaiyapreuk Road in the area of the bridge over the Phra Udom canal on Thursday.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-09

10 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

So, a 22 year old hotel employee can afford an SLK200?  Hotels must be paying damn good these days.  Of course she was driving entirely too fast for the road conditions, but daddy's money will fix that. 

Jealous much?

34 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

So, a 22 year old hotel employee can afford an SLK200?  Hotels must be paying damn good these days.  Of course she was driving entirely too fast for the road conditions, but daddy's money will fix that. 

She was rushed to hospital in serious condition. Just hope "daddy's money" can save her life. Rain and speed plus inexperience.

37 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Probably a friend of a relative of the hotel owner...

49 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

Jealous much?

Why would I be jealous of a 22 year old, immature, inexperience driver?  If you're talking about the "money aspect", I find that funny, since my father was a millionaire back in Indiana.  He bought me and my 3 brothers our first cars, but you can bet there were no "luxury" or "super cars" involved.  Oh, and we all paid him back once we were able.  I find your comment somewhat humorous, even though it is totally ill-informed. lol

Why would I be jealous of a 22 year old, immature, inexperience driver?  If you're talking about the "money aspect", I find that funny, since my father was a millionaire back in Indiana.  He bought me and my 3 brothers our first cars, but you can bet there were no "luxury" or "super cars" involved.  Oh, and we all paid him back once we were able.  I find your comment somewhat humorous, even though it is totally ill-informed. lol

And I thought Hands Christian was dead. You are oozing so much envy.If it was TuK Tuk hit Millionaire you wouldn't have posted fa..?[emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Doubtful she'd have been hurt with a seatbelt - other than a bruise or two. When will cars like these come with running cameras as standard equipment?

i.e. one cam forward, one rearward, and one on the driver ;)

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Rustle rustle, scratch scratch.  The sound of straws being grasped as he tries to regain some credibility 

6 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Some people make more money just by popping outta their Mama's belly than you and I will make in our entire careers.  No need to be resentful about it.

And don't forget that old Presbyterian proverb:  You can marry more money in 5 minutes than you can make in 2 lifetimes.  (Or was it Jewish.  I forget)

Hopefully, she'll recover and live a long, healthy life.

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Yup... sounds jealous alright... Daddy didn't buy him a nice car... but its ok, that stuff is Character building !... 

I know Chaiyapreuk Road, no too far from me.  I used to ravel it regularly on my motorbike.  I cacked myself on there most days.  Mad drivers in huge pickups driving like lunatics, very exposed to wind and rain.

Once I got caught in a sudden storm on there and JUST made it to a petrol station to get off the road and shelter.  The pickups carried on driving like crazy and didn't slow down at all.  Many of them didn't even put their lights on but visibility was about 20 feet.

Edited by Mister Fixit

13 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Jealousy I dont think has much to do with it. The point was how does a 22 year old afford an SLK200?

Perhaps Charkiyra has another job, make her afford a fancy car?

29 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Jealousy I dont think has much to do with it. The point was how does a 22 year old afford an SLK200?

My Wife's first car was a Mercedes... not a big deal.

Like any young person here - either they have an excellent paying job or the parents bought it....  You may need to get out more. 

In this case the type of car this 22 year old was driving seems irrelevant.. In terrible driving conditions her inexperience contributed towards an accident.. another car also hit the wreckage, but because it was not a BMW or a Benz (etc...)... no one has picked up on that, so yes, it does seem that there is plenty of jealousy on here... Or at least animosity directed at those seemingly more privileged.

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

My Wife's first car was a Mercedes... not a big deal.

Like any young person here - either they have an excellent paying job or the parents bought it....  You may need to get out more. 

In this case the type of car this 22 year old was driving seems irrelevant.. In terrible driving conditions her inexperience contributed towards an accident.. another car also hit the wreckage, but because it was not a BMW or a Benz (etc...)... no one has picked up on that, so yes, it does seem that there is plenty of jealousy on here... Or at least animosity directed at those seemingly more privileged.

I think you need to rethink yourself. I am guessing it isnt intended but you come across as an arrogant prick. There again if you like butcher's cars you probably are

11 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Never count other people's money.

4 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

I think you need to rethink yourself. I am guessing it isnt intended but you come across as an arrogant prick. There again if you like butcher's cars you probably are

Which part of my post do you disagree with then ?.... 

..... you haven't offered anything of intelligence to the topic other than calling me a name !!!...  I'd suggest your post comes across as childish but we'd enter an immature tit for tad argument on an anonymous forum that simply wastes space... So, lets give that up right now and if it isn't too much trouble try engaging the grey matter and lets both get back on topic :wai:

Do you have any comment on the second car which impacted the crash site ?... no one else has, but a few have issue with a Mercedes impacting the crash site.  

Some even have issue with the fact that a 22 year old owns a Merc which seems particularly daft to me. 

One poster has commented that its a fast road and when conditions deteriorate it becomes quite dangerous. The initial car had an accident, has his driving been brought into question?

I'm not defending the 22 year old girl, but neither do I feel she is the pariah some are making her out to be just because of some perceived wealth based on the car she drivers. She had an accident, she was perhaps driving dangerously, too fast for the conditions, but so was the first guy who crashed in the first place... both crashed, both in different makes of car, but it seems some are only interested in targeting wealth as if that is the only cause... When stepping back and looking at the bigger picture this criticism comes across as jealousy.....

what's the big deal about the car, it's an SL200. anyone would think the girl was driving an aston martin DBS! so she worked in a hotel and she's 22. in case many here haven't noticed it's quite normal for girls parents here to buy their first cars and those at uni too. so her parents could afford an SL200, good for her. we all know they love a badge here, she's obviously just following the crowd..i suspect she graduated and works in hotel management or something like that, completely normal as far as I can see, at least she was working. a mere accident, hope she's ok. no real story here

16 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Sheep  following the leader, 

3 numb nuts who may learn a lesson 

about driving and driving in the rain,

No. They will do exactly the same next time and expect a different result. It is part of Thainess, the 5th dimension, that even Einstein wouldnt know where to start.