"My Mate Nate" under investigation - police want to know is he working legally and paying taxes

rooster59

His big mistake is that he is drawing far too much attention to himself.

He may be here on an education visa or something, I have no idea, but I know many foreigners who are here on education visas and doing full time and part time jobs. They keep a low profile and some of them have a really good income.

As for animal cruelty... have any of you been to a snake farm? One of the biggest "attractions" there is the fight between a mongoose and a cobra.

Yes but that's Thais doing it.
Not baby faced foreign white devil dudes.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suddenly thai's are interested in animal cruelty (when a foreigner is involved)

if he is working here illegally, given his high profile, how have the authorities not caught up with him yet? ...maybe they watch a different youtube channel during working hours.

2 hours ago, Tilacme said:

Suffer fools gladly for where would you be if every fool you know would not speak to you.

Paradise.

The older I get the less I can suffer fools.

Not saying I'm especially wise it's just that todays' fools are setting the bar so low that it's better to be content with a quiet family life than to seek out a stranger merely to converse in my native tongue.

13 hours ago, nausea said:

I don't usually like to indulge in Schadenfraude but I'll make an exception for this guy. Surely YouTube can't still be paying him, I thought they had a big crackdown after major advertisers pulled their business.

Yep ,  YouTube is big buisness ,   nothing is free , advertising ? ,  oops .

Delete , this post ...555

Edited by elliss
spelin

The kid is a punk. Makes fun of thai people that do not know English very well.. I want to kick his azz. Just another snowflake. I hope he is in trouble I warned him a year ago after he posted a video about having a work permit. He said he does. I wish the worst for him.

1 hour ago, JustNo said:

I wonder what his gf would do if he lost all of his money..  :whistling:

She  go work  Bar,,, cleaner ? .    Nothing new in LOS ,   kap 

Edited by elliss

11 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Just as an observation, with no firm facts, if I was a digital nomad living and working here I would be paying close attention to this investigation.

Not really , I am a digital nomad and the difference between him and me is that I earn my money outside of Thailand, I also pay my tax there. Most digital nomads work this way . 

This guy have Thai customers , every click on his Thai channel gives him an income. Big difference, and the money probably goes directly into his Thai bank account. 

7 hours ago, dcnx said:

Nate made 2 mistakes:

1. He used a cat. Everyone loves cats, they're so cute. Big mistake, even though cats are tough little creatures.

2. He's a farang. Thais get away with much worse than this on a daily basis, as you already mentioned. They abuse elephants, tigers, dogs, monkeys, orangutans, crocs, snakes, chickens, fish, and even have fighting insects. 

Or maybe he planned it because he knew he would get more clicks than ever before. And since he is a rich guy and a celebrity among young Thais he can bribe himself out of it. After all TIT.

I can't see why people are so convinced that he is not paying tax, why wouldn't he pay tax? For those who feel that paying tax is so horrible let me tell you that it is only a proportion of the money you earn and not the major portion either.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I'm not so sure the U.S. would be a safe harbor for young Nate. Within the animal rights group are

some real get even m'fkers. He better start sh/t'ing some heavy duty mea culpa s. Perhaps a series 

of videos on the plight of soi animals in LOS. Maybe a stint working with an animal rescue group?

Taxes? WP? That is just a distraction from the real issue - animal abuse.

We Americans love a good redemption story. 

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

The fact that the authorities want to know if he is working legally and paying taxes should be a dire warning to the many digital nomads in Thailand.

If you upset 'someone', then your online work and revenues can easily be challenged by the Thai authorities as working illegally and not paying taxes.

It's just the same as the visa regulations and interpretation.  The rules are whatever the local immigration officer decides, not what the immigration officer in the next province decided.

"It's just the same as the visa regulations and interpretation." - No, they are determined by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

8 hours ago, balo said:

Not really , I am a digital nomad and the difference between him and me is that I earn my money outside of Thailand, I also pay my tax there. Most digital nomads work this way . 

This guy have Thai customers , every click on his Thai channel gives him an income. Big difference, and the money probably goes directly into his Thai bank account. 

Does not matter one iota where you earn your money or where it is paid - all that matters is that YOU are in Thailand and therefore working illegally.

12 hours ago, tgeezer said:

I can't see why people are so convinced that he is not paying tax, why wouldn't he pay tax? For those who feel that paying tax is so horrible let me tell you that it is only a proportion of the money you earn and not the major portion either.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Why anyone who is not brain sick would pay any tax in this country ? Or anywhere else actually !

13 hours ago, balo said:

Really, some digital dum... sorry nomad pay tax ? So they feel like they have a life ?  Poor them.

On 6/11/2017 at 1:44 PM, impulse said:

It's really going to chap some butts if everyone finds out he's on a 20 year Elite Visa, paid for by his YouTube revenue.

He apparently has a work visa.

9 hours ago, 1SteveC said:

all that matters is that YOU are in Thailand and therefore working illegally.

Nonsense, anyone with a laptop spending some time in Thailand are working illegally then .  If you send an email to a customer or having a Skype call with a customer about your business in Europe while your staying in Thailand.    

This has been discussed too many times. 

Edited by balo

I certainly don't condone what this jerk does, but I do wonder if the furious Thai netizens get in such a furor over the bull fights in the south..... 

And for the record ..... i really don't give a t*ss what visa he's on

Edited by lemonjelly