Aussie Man attacked by gang of Thais

webfact

He went on holiday to Pattaya  (either or):

"play golf";
relax and hang about,  having some beers,  enjoying the sea breeze,  the sound of the water and get away from life in Australia;  or,

something similar.

Being Australian,  I suppose the appeals of wandering about getting red and sweating through all his clothes in two days' time didn't appeal to him,  so we're safe to say staying out in the evening would be appealing.  Further,  Aussie's got idiotic licencing laws unless it's a night club,  so this would be an additional bonus,  as night clubs and
men don't normally go together that well.

As impaired as I've long-back learned many of the commenters on here to be in terms of education,  gullibility and resounding low self-esteem,  to be criticising someone for walking along the road in a 24/7 country does further disappoint me.

I wonder where and what you'll all reincarnate to,  or will the creator just not bother to go through what for some seems to be a benefitless process?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 2 AM better to get a tuk tuk or taxi to go home, Just saying. as a Tourist, one should have enough money to

afford a 100 baht taxi ride home in the Wee hours, when the Trash and Thugs are all out.

I don't walk home in Canada at 2AM, but at my age I am seldom up at 2AM anymore either.

Geezer

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

the poor guy was sloshed and staggering home and the hoodlums jumped him ....  maybe he told them to fruk off so they wanted a scap ....  

Stevie BOY cannot you see how you make the place look even more of a C<<<>>> that it is with comments like this

Go and have a lie down and rest your brain as I fear you will have a heart attach the way you are trying to bash this Aussie guy.

Could it be the local gang needed some cash and thought he was an easy target?

Boy.

22 hours ago, tomwct said:

Been out drinking all day and night. A little drunk and I get attacked. Another day in Amazing Pattaya!

Probably happened in hundreds of cities around the world that day. Nothing amazing about it. Keep your derogatory Pattaya remarks to yourself. Thousands of us live here quite peacefully.

19 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

As in most other countries: It's very rare that people are being attacked "out-of-the-blue".

There's almost always some kind of reason even if the victim isn't aware of it. 

Reason! It was probably thought that he had money, gold, watch, phone that could be stolen. Isn't that the reason for most muggings.

17 hours ago, sanemax said:

Not a good example, because a bomb attack did happened on London bridge , there is no disputing that .

What is disputable is whether this guy got attacked for no reason , as many posters have walked along that route and have not been attacked for no reason

But how many have walked along there at 2am when there were no people around except for a gang of thugs. ONE that we know of. This ONE.

What always amuses me is ................when I leave a bar and have to walk home it is usually because I have NO MONEY left. So I am not a good target for a mugging ---but of course the muggers dont know that I have no money left .

On 6/13/2017 at 4:30 AM, webfact said:

The witness statement will be kept as evidence, but the police have little hope in finding the culprits after no physical description was given

the report is already in a drawer somewhere

6 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

the report is already in a drawer somewhere

In this particular case, I'm not sure what anyone expects the Police to do. He did not suffer any loss of belongings, he was unable to give a description of the alleged attackers, there are no witnesses and apparently no CCTV footage.

it is not stupid to go out to drink, it is stupid to go to Pattaya after so many bad news about the place. Tourist encourage the people doing the crime. They don,t believe what happens in Pattaya and they like to go and try, let them. If nobody goes to Pattaya, it will not have such crime.

I don't believe him and I think this is not what happened.

You walk the road in Australia at 0200 hrs in the morning  the police stop you on the road and ask you what you are doing at that time in the morning.

Never mind what you answers he tells you that you are drunk and off you go for 6 hrs in the drunk tank as required by Law.

Happened to me in Sydney- Kings Cross where I was trying to find a taxi.

I am off topic so end the story, there is more.

On 2017-6-13 at 3:18 AM, steven100 said:

silly old coot,   out at 2.00am drunk and alone .....  

list of must do's  ...

never drink alone ....   refrain from drunken binges early into the morning ...

Yes, I concur not very clever but it still should not occur. 

Certainly I would not do this as it is just looking for trouble, I hope not too much damage. 

5 hours ago, Keesters said:

But how many have walked along there at 2am when there were no people around except for a gang of thugs. ONE that we know of. This ONE.

Although I expect that there have been numerous other people walking along that route with no one else around, apart from the kids

My first trip to Pattaya I went alone and my first impression was not great. Went back within the last few months and met an expat and his girlfriend who have bought a house in Pattaya and they love it. They showed me great restaurants that were cheap for the food quality and a few good drinking places.  Think the guys living in Pattaya have it pretty good personally. 

10 hours ago, bandito said:

I don't believe him and I think this is not what happened.

You walk the road in Australia at 0200 hrs in the morning  the police stop you on the road and ask you what you are doing at that time in the morning.

Never mind what you answers he tells you that you are drunk and off you go for 6 hrs in the drunk tank as required by Law.

Happened to me in Sydney- Kings Cross where I was trying to find a taxi.

I am off topic so end the story, there is more.

Sounds like the Australian police actually do some work then and enforce the laws unlike their counter parts here in patt who do the oppersite and brake the laws. So if these lazy idiots got off there backsides crime may drop here, Mind you with so much S>>> around here in the water and other parts the bib fit in fine.

Today my brother in law was scammed out of 3000 bt by someone in Nong Khai who claimed he hit their car while driving when in fact 5 relatives in the pickup say the other driver tapped the back of his pickup on purpose.   A front and rear dash cam would have proven what really happened.  

So why not body cams?  I don't drink alone and don't walk alone at night but even so you never know.  I have dash cams and might consider a body cam as well. While it wouldn't have protected this guy from his stupidity, it may at least have helped prosecute the culprits.

such an inspiring message "they have little hope of finding the culprits'

CCTV and a profession called investigator...by..police perhaps?

Or plain and simple.....not dead not interested?

Chumpon used to be a quite little town with no such things as gang violence....

Times are changing it seems.

47 minutes ago, hgma said:

He could not give a description of any of the "alleged" attackers, there was no CCTV coverage, and not one single witness; what exactly do you expect the Police to do in such circumstances ? ....... and maybe I missed something when reading the story, but what does Chumpon have to do with this please ?? ✌️??

55 minutes ago, hgma said:

without a discription, cctv or anything .... what should they do ....

make up a discription  ?

and I can just imagine the ranting & raving the guy put on in the police station when trying to report it in a drunken state.

19 hours ago, sanemax said:

Although I expect that there have been numerous other people walking along that route with no one else around, apart from the kids

But you have no evidence. If by kids you mean thugs then wouldn't there too have been an attack and more reports found.

12 hours ago, MarcIssan said:

Today my brother in law was scammed out of 3000 bt by someone in Nong Khai who claimed he hit their car while driving when in fact 5 relatives in the pickup say the other driver tapped the back of his pickup on purpose.   A front and rear dash cam would have proven what really happened.  

So why not body cams?  I don't drink alone and don't walk alone at night but even so you never know.  I have dash cams and might consider a body cam as well. While it wouldn't have protected this guy from his stupidity, it may at least have helped prosecute the culprits.

A good idea in the car in Thailand, but do many people want to walk around wearing a body cam. I also think that any gang serious about mugging anyone will take the cam along with their phone, wallet and whatever else they can easily be parted company from ✌️???

9 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

lso think that any gang serious about mugging anyone will take the cam

What you need is a spycam , you can mount it as a button on your shirt.  

shirt-button-spy-video-camera-xl.jpg

1 hour ago, balo said:

What you need is a spycam , you can mount it as a button on your shirt.  

shirt-button-spy-video-camera-xl.jpg

...... I don't need a spy cam or any other kind of body cam thanks. It was not my idea, and I certainly would not wear one. If I thought that anywhere in the world was so unsafe that it was a requirement to wear a body cam, I would not be anywhere near the place. ??

13 minutes ago, Dodgydownunder said:

I have a theory on these low life cowardly scum. They are mostly the retarded offspring of ex or current bargirls and mafia douchebags. Pattaya is a <deleted> cesspit. Glad I haven't been there in many years.

The problem with your analysis is that we don't know who, if anyone, carried out this alleged assault, so we consequently have no idea whatsoever of of their parentage ….. but please don't let a complete lack of facts or evidence get in the way of your vitriolic assessment ...... PEACE ✌️✌️???

A Pattaya bashing slur has been removed also one reply, no need to reply to these troll posts simply report them and we will look after the troll with a nice holiday :smile:

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, wakeupplease said:

Sounds like the Australian police actually do some work then and enforce the laws unlike their counter parts here in patt who do the oppersite and brake the laws. So if these lazy idiots got off there backsides crime may drop here, Mind you with so much S>>> around here in the water and other parts the bib fit in fine.

OK, when I got released, after the 6 hrs, the Desk Officer gave me Aussie $ 2- to get a taxi and the rest of the money I had on me not.

I complained and got warned that I still was drunk and risked another 6 hrs in the drunktank as according to the Officer I had no money on me.

So I left.

Learned their job in Thailand? :clap2: