How Many Weeks In Advance Can I Apply For A One Year Extension For Retirement?

Remember to get your multiple entry stamp also.

If you do not have a multiple entry stamp or purchase a re-entry stamp before you leave and to be used within an estimated date then your 1 year extension becomes null and void when you re-enter Thailand.....and then you have to start all over again with a

(new) 1 year extension.

Cheers

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not all of us want or need a re-entry stamp however.  My last entry was in 2003 and not planning any travel.

RMAY1421.pvw.jpg

Of course ..up to you ..but when you do want or need to travel you need a re-entry stamp

Some people forget or not even aware of this.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, gemguy said:

Correct but it does not have to be multiple re-entry permit. A single entry re-entry permit is possible for a fee of 1000 baht verses 3800 baht for a multiple.

• Like 1

For a retirement visa/extension you will need certain financial things first.

You will need either:

• 800 K Thai baht in a Thai bank account in YOUR name
  • OR a pension or income of at least 65K monthly
  • OR possibly a combination of the two sources that equals 800K annually (if that option is allowed by the local immigration office you apply to.

But to answer your question directly, generally immigration will insist that any funds, especially bank deposits, must be "seasoned" for a period of 60 days at the time of application for your first application approval

That means for your first (initial) retirement visa/extension  you almost always need a minimum of 60 days to season your financials before they will accept your application.

If it is a 2nd or more retirement visa/extension renewal the fund must be "seasoned" aa above  for a period of 90 days.

So the minimum time ahead of approval which you can apply is either 60 days or 90 days as described above due to the funds "seasoning"  requirement.

26 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

So the minimum time ahead of approval which you can apply is either 60 days or 90 days as described above due to the funds "seasoning"  requirement.

Sorry but that "minimum time ahead of approval" blew my mind overload breaker.  We have covered that funds must be in account for full required period before application made and believe that is what you mean?  

as to rentry,

even if u dont get it when u get ur extension and later  find u need to travel quickly out of the country.

Phuket, Don Meung and BKK Airports will give u a re entry permit  as easy (if not easier) than immigration as i have never seen any lines to get one. :-)

I was told one month before expiry, and usually extend within this time.  Once I went to the old Bangkok Immigration in soi  Suan Plu and tried to extend early.  I was told to write a letter to Immigration giving a reason, and then extended that day as usual.  Reason given was that I had to make a business trip and would be away when visa expired.  No proof requested and no extra money needed.  I was even given a sheet of paper to write the letter while I waited.

On 6/13/2017 at 11:26 AM, Kabula said:

Thank you.  Good to know. Yes, my bank funds were seasoned long enough last year.  I just had a grumpy, female Immigration Officer. I can understand why some are grumpy!

Grumpy or not...bad day...bad life...whatever...should have no bearing on the rules and her not doing her job. :post-4641-1156693976:  Too bad you had to deal with that. I must've had the same old hag last time I was there.

5 hours ago, gemguy said:

If you do not have a multiple entry stamp or purchase a re-entry stamp before you leave and to be used within an estimated date then your 1 year extension becomes null and void when you re-enter Thailand.....and then you have to start all over again with a

(new) 1 year extension.

Cheers

That only applies should you leave Thailand and return.

I arrived back in Thailand on 26th May 2009 and I haven't left yet, nor have I any plan to do so.+

So I have not needed a re-entry permit.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, gerrymac said:

How early can I renew my retirement extension in Samui ? M present ext. expires on Sept. 5th

and I fly to U.K. on Sept. 6th.

Not sure about Samui but the standard is 30 days early.