Police warrant

Ian1980

When you are under police warrant i understand that using international flight makes you caught very quickly. But if you are on domestic flight, can you be caught as well?

I write that cause i fill a complain few days ago against a french guy that fill out a false invoice and i had send to him 30.000 thb for book an hotel for 2 friends of mine, but still no answer about thet caught him.

Edited by Ian1980

The second part of your question is difficult to understand ... I cannot make sense of what happened.

If a person has a warrant out for their arrest they will be most likely be apprehended as the police will investigate all options including travel, hotel and banking ...

Edited by steven100

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

If a person has a warrant out for their arrest they will be most likely be apprehended as the police will investigate all options including travel, hotel and banking ...

Can be catch on domestic flight?

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

The second part of your question is difficult to understand ... I cannot make sense of what happened.

He sent to me a false invoice of 30.000 thb for a hotel room: but he never booked the hotel and still not refund me.

Are you even sure a warrant was issued for him ?,it takes a lot to

motivate the police,they usually tell the suspect to report to the

station,at his earliest opportunity,a 30 K THB fraud by a Farang

on a Farang,surprised if they would put too much effort into that.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, Ian1980 said:

Report to the Immigration?

Immigration wont entertain your complaint

Police will deal with it if they feel so inclined.

Why did you use a third party to book a hotel room?

16 hours ago, Ian1980 said:

Can be catch on domestic flight?

Unless the domestic carrier has been informed, highly unlikely. Perhaps the airlines have to submit their passenger lists to the police, I don't know.

If not, there are no immigration checks done on domestics, the ID checks are for the carrier, so unless they are flagged, I doubt it.

25 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I would not be so sure. It sounds like the Frenchman issuing the invoice might be working illegally.

They still wont etertain it they will say report it to the police. Not working illegally just a scam as i read it still dont know why anyone would go through a not known to tbem third party to book a hotel room?

This might sound silly but the only way to ensure speedy action to execute the warrant is to locate the person yourself and inform the local police of the warrant  who will then act to apprehend the person.

Other wise the warrant will receive no action and certainly no watch on domestic flights.

The only way to know if there is a warrant is to ask the police handling the case for a copy of the warrant. You can tell them that you need it in case you find him and want to get him arrested on the spot.

If they don't provide you with a warrant, then that means that there isn't one. Normally you may need to give some form of incentive to get some action, but for a 30K loss, hoy much more are you willing to

spend for satisfaction? 30K is a pretty small amount, so I doubt you will want to spend another 100K to try to locate the person in question. And then what to do if there is no warrant.

Might as well call it a "Cost of Education" and move on.

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Are you even sure a warrant was issued for him ?,it takes a lot to

motivate the police,they usually tell the suspect to report to the

station,at his earliest opportunity,a 30 K THB fraud by a Farang

on a Farang,surprised if they would put too much effort into that.

regards worgeordie

Actually you would be surprised- foreigner against Thai - tricky. 

We took our French landlord to court over non payment of security deposit - the courts were great- eventually ( as he ignored the court judgement) they threatened him with arrest and deportation- he paid up- pity as in a way we have liked to have waved goodbye at the airport.

I would have serious misgivings ever dealing with anyone French again in the kingdom. 

22 hours ago, Ian1980 said:

He sent to me a false invoice of 30.000 thb for a hotel room: but he never booked the hotel and still not refund me.

Isn't that a contractual dispute, claim of fraud and civil case?  Wouldn't you need a court judgment in your favor to get an arrest warrant issued?  Probably you need to hire a lawyer and sue the individual first.

16 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Why did you use a third party to book a hotel room?

Businesses like Agoda & Expedia exist for that purpose. Maybe the "french guy" is running a hotel booking service.

34 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Isn't that a contractual dispute, claim of fraud and civil case?  Wouldn't you need a court judgment in your favor to get an arrest warrant issued?  Probably you need to hire a lawyer and sue the individual first.

Businesses like Agoda & Expedia exist for that purpose. Maybe the "french guy" is running a hotel booking service.

Buisnesses like those mentioned are not a one one band. Something not quite right in all of this.

18 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Isn't that a contractual dispute, claim of fraud and civil case?

We dont know the details but "issuing a false invoice" sounds like fraud. Fraud is a crime in most civilised countries. Given how commonplace fraud is here I'm not sure that much attention would be given to it though.

23 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

They still wont etertain it they will say report it to the police. Not working illegally just a scam

Where I am the local immigration certainly do follow up on people working illegally and there are regular arrests.

As far as I can see anyone issuing invoices is probably working, and working without a permit is illegal.

38 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Where I am the local immigration certainly do follow up on people working illegally and there are regular arrests.

As far as I can see anyone issuing invoices is probably working, and working without a permit is illegal.

A scammer will not be working he or she will be miles away a faceless person waiting on the internet or a phone for a gulible person to respond to an add tbey placed on internet re hotel bookings. They are probably based well outside of Thailand. Any one can falsicy an invoice on the internet. Doesnt mean to say beacuse hotel and invoice were in Thailand the  scammer is.

7 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

A scammer will not be working he or she will be miles away a faceless person waiting on the internet or a phone for a gulible person to respond to an add tbey placed on internet re hotel bookings. They are probably based well outside of Thailand. Any one can falsicy an invoice on the internet. Doesnt mean to say beacuse hotel and invoice were in Thailand the  scammer is.

So why is the OP asking about domestic flights? Clearly he has reason to believe that the French scammer is in Thailand.

4 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

So why is the OP asking about domestic flights? Clearly he has reason to believe that the French scammer is in Thailand.

Ok you just booked a hotel through me  over internet through a booking site. I oversee your booking as  i am a rep for the booking site in Thailand no reason to disbelive me.  I ask you to pay into a Thai account again no reason to disbelive me.  I send you an E invovice all proper looking still no reason to disbelive me.  Now ive got your money in an account in Thailand  i can accsess that money in minutes via ATM. The account in thailand is in my name but is it my real name. Am i realy in Thailand??

Its so easy keep the site up and running for a couple of weeks close it down start a new one.