Vlog: Hated by many but can Pattaya ever be considered the best city in the world?!

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

It is not that it is so bad, it is worse....same silly crap every day....must be some rule that says big gut, no shirt? Dress like a clown and act like one? Drive on the footpath? Swim in the Bay that smells like a toilet? Etc,. Etc. ??. Seems that low class is better than no class most of the time. Have my countdown launch calendar by my bed and am almost giddy at the thought of saying bye, bye to the place.....just hope the door does not hit me in the arse as I leave? ?  I know the grass is greener on the other side and have packed my mobile lawn mower to keep things tidy....?????

Yes, you are right about the big gut no shirt, I have just spent three nights there and 90% of the shirtless brigade are all old codgers, with no shame at all, 

On 2017-6-14 at 7:09 PM, observer90210 said:

very true..however a big brothel can be run in with responsability, some form of respect and safety and still qualify as a brothel!!!.....

But it gets difficult when the local authorities deny it is one and try to police it for what they say it isn't. Instead of responsibly marketing it's primary attractions whatever they may actually be.

A while past, I read a description by  City Hall, where they identified Pattaya as  the "RIVIERA of SEA" - ......... just before I fell into a Sidewalk-hole, since I was affected by the Sewer Smells.... LOL

These people are truly .... living on Cloud 9??? -- or are ON something very ...POTENT.....??.

Whatever they will think of .... next??

10 hours ago, Awinkl said:

A while past, I read a description by  City Hall, where they identified Pattaya as  the "RIVIERA of SEA" - ......... just before I fell into a Sidewalk-hole, since I was affected by the Sewer Smells.... LOL

These people are truly .... living on Cloud 9??? -- or are ON something very ...POTENT.....??.

Whatever they will think of .... next??

It's the carnal riviera...

On ‎14‎/‎6‎/‎2560 at 7:04 PM, Bastos60 said:

Pattaya is far from the best city in the world.

Only if you are attention starved in the rest of the world you could consider Pattaya an ok city.

It is a holiday destination with many many many many working girls where the average John goes to fall in love with a working girl.

If you take away all the bars and agogo's and GC's and  massage places, you might discover Pattaya to be worst than a dumpster.

It is one big brothel, 

Totally ignorant and uninformed about what Pattaya has to offer away from Walking Street and Soi 6.  And, don't ask me what they are--go find them yourself if you are actually in Pattaya.  And, if you aren't, why are you even bothering to post? 

On ‎14‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 7:04 PM, Bastos60 said:

Pattaya is far from the best city in the world.

Only if you are attention starved in the rest of the world you could consider Pattaya an ok city.

It is a holiday destination with many many many many working girls where the average John goes to fall in love with a working girl.

If you take away all the bars and agogo's and GC's and  massage places, you might discover Pattaya to be worst than a dumpster.

It is one big brothel, 

Do you know what a brothel is?

There are no brothels for farangs in Pattaya, unless they are so secret I haven't seen one in 20 years walking around all over.

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, you are right about the big gut no shirt, I have just spent three nights there and 90% of the shirtless brigade are all old codgers, with no shame at all, 

One day you too will be old and probably fat.

It's not their responsibility to kowtow to others for their prejudices.

18 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

some love it some hate it. not sure why the haters hate with such a passion. i was living on koh samui and due to pattays reputation had no desire to go there. then a job opportunity came up. i moved there and it is now my favorite place to live in thailand. i wonder how many haters judge pattaya without ever living there.

Because for whatever reason they couldn't make it there, either figutively or physically. Pattaya is the best city in the world, for me. Never a dull moment. I have more fun in a week than friends back home have in years.

34 minutes ago, pegman said:

Because for whatever reason they couldn't make it there, either figutively or physically. Pattaya is the best city in the world, for me. Never a dull moment. I have more fun in a week than friends back home have in years.

agreed. good to hear someone being positive  about the place.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One day you too will be old and probably fat.

It's not their responsibility to kowtow to others for their prejudices.

Depends what you mean by old, and apart from health reasons, being fat is self inflicted. I will never let myself get overweight even if it means watching my food intake.

I say it is their responsibility to cover up a bit when walking in the street and shopping malls, and show some respect for the country. How often do you see shirtless Thais in public?

These old shirtless codgers are just disgusting people.

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Depends what you mean by old, and apart from health reasons, being fat is self inflicted. I will never let myself get overweight even if it means watching my food intake.

I say it is their responsibility to cover up a bit when walking in the street and shopping malls, and show some respect for the country. How often do you see shirtless Thais in public?

It's Pattaya for goodness sake- no one respects the place :laugh:.

If you want real topless disgusting, go to Samui and look at obese western women going around topless.

As for overweight, I'm sure every young man says they'll never get fat, but life has a habit of kicking us in the nuts.

2 hours ago, pegman said:

I never visited Pattaya at first because an American woman co worker told me it was disgusting. When I finally visited I thought it was paradise. That was long ago, and it isn't nearly as good now, but I can still have more fun in a week there than I can have back home in years.

Actually, back home is a fun free zone after 10 pm. It's like a scene from a post apocalyptic movie- hardly anyone around because there is nothing to do. In Pattaya I often didn't go out till 10 pm.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's Pattaya for goodness sake- no one respects the place :laugh:.

If you want real topless disgusting, go to Samui and look at obese western women going around topless.

As for overweight, I'm sure every young man says they'll never get fat, but life has a habit of kicking us in the nuts.

Who says I'm a young man? Thanks for the compliment anyway.

I still say these old shirtless codgers walking the streets and malls, in Pattaya or anywhere else, are disgusting ignorant morons, and when they come to this country for their holidays or to stay, they should show some respect.

What is wrong with wearing a T shirt or even a wifebeater instead of showing their old fat wrinkly bodies?

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Who says I'm a young man? Thanks for the compliment anyway.

I still say these old shirtless codgers walking the streets and malls, in Pattaya or anywhere else, are disgusting ignorant morons, and when they come to this country for their holidays or to stay, they should show some respect.

What is wrong with wearing a T shirt or even a wifebeater instead of showing their old fat wrinkly bodies?

On the plus side, it's a nice ego boost to know you are better looking, better smelling, better dressed, and thinner than 90% of the farang walking around. 

1 hour ago, newnative said:

On the plus side, it's a nice ego boost to know you are better looking, better smelling, better dressed, and thinner than 90% of the farang walking around. 

I wouldn't say that, but if you are talking about the farangs in my age group, you are probably right

9 hours ago, possum1931 said:

It's a beach resort for bloody sake. Different standards apply. 

On 6/14/2017 at 7:09 PM, Bastos60 said:

hence....one big brothel.

You may spend all your time in brothels, thereby seeing Pattaya as just one big one, but many Pattaya residents don't. Some may never have visited a brothel at all.

I find your opinion offensive.

35 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No they don't. I take it you are one of these old codgers. If so, shame on you.

Well thankyou. Coming from the anal retentive crowd that's quite the badge of honour. If, as I presume from your manner of writing, you are one of those prim and proper matrons from the Bangkok upper middle class who brought about the downfall of Thai democracy shame on you!

On my breaks from working in Myanmar, I stay for a few days in Pattaya.  I rent a room in a nice and clean hotel on Soi 6.

Am I a whore-monger? 

No.  I haven't got the slightest interest in risking my wallet and the chance of getting an STD.  The women in Soi 6 are friendly and greet me every morning.  Each early morning, I jog along the beach walkway, which is an excellent location for jogging and walking.  

I go to the private hospital for some fitness/blood tests each time, to check that all is OK.

I visit the wide range of shops and supermarkets, able to buy food that I can't buy in Myanmar.

I visit the gym each day.

I relax in the restaurants and cafes, and watch the world go by - plenty of interesting people and sights to see in Pattaya.

So for me, Pattaya is a very pleasant, cheap and safe place to stay, for a break, and it is top of my list as a retirement location after I finish my work in Myanmar in perhaps 5-10 years from now.

Now... if you are a whore-monger, ladyboy-chaser, druggie, cheap-charlie, drunken motorbike-rider, alcoholic, thief, loony, night-owl or general low-life, then I'm sure you have plenty to complain about Pattaya - because you've brought those problems on yourself..

3 hours ago, pegman said:

Well thankyou. Coming from the anal retentive crowd that's quite the badge of honour. If, as I presume from your manner of writing, you are one of those prim and proper matrons from the Bangkok upper middle class who brought about the downfall of Thai democracy shame on you!

:cheesy:

19 hours ago, Keesters said:

You may spend all your time in brothels, thereby seeing Pattaya as just one big one, but many Pattaya residents don't. Some may never have visited a brothel at all.

I find your opinion offensive.

It would be difficult for a farang to visit one in Pattaya as even if there are any, I've never seen one for farangs.