Gunfire turns U.S. lawmakers' baseball practice into 'killing field'

webfact

1 hour ago, rijb said:

Ted promises to stop after shooting.  Maybe Hillary, and some of TVF's finest, will do the same.  :hit-the-fan:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/ted-nugent-promises-stop-hateful-rhetoric-alexandria-shooting-205716922.html

You have a link to a source which indicates that Hillary Clinton advocated violence against anyone?

I sincerely doubt this as well...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, WaywardWind said:

You have a link to a source which indicates that Hillary Clinton advocated violence against anyone?

Don't you remember the time that Clinton said she's like to make Nugent suck on the barrel of a machine gun?  Oh wait, that was what Nugent said about Obama. My mistake. I think  actually Clinton said while holding machine guns, "Hey Ted, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch." Oh, sorry. It was actually Ted holding the machine guns and he said this: "Hey Hillary,you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch."

But Trump let Ted know now displeased he is with that kind of language. So upset, in fact, he invited Ted to the White House to tell him off  personally.

1 hour ago, WaywardWind said:

Why did you ask a stupid question, if you already knew the stupid answer?  :crazy:

19 minutes ago, rijb said:

Why did you ask a stupid question, if you already knew the stupid answer?  :crazy:

Hold the phone.  You make up stuff, and when called on it, you call the other person stupid?  What are you, in kindergarten?

Stop the BS, and I'll stop calling you on it.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:50 AM, mesquite said:

Even Bernie Sanders denounced this act of violence, but you seem to blame the victim and intended victims.

I call on Thaivisa resistance supporters to denounce this act of violence!

And of course, to be clear, I denounce it vehemently.

*crickets*

6 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

You have links to news sources which indicate that Senator Schumer and/or Congresswoman Pelosi advocated violence against anyone?

I sincerely doubt it...

NJ Democratic strategist launches #HuntRepublicans and #HuntRepublicanCongressmen

After a shooter in Alexandria left House Majority Whip Steve Scalise in critical condition and wounded four other people, a longtime New Jersey Democratic political strategist responded by introducing the hashtags #HuntRepublicans and #HuntRepublicanCongressmen.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/16/nj-democratic-strategist-launches-huntrepublicans-and-huntrepublicancongressmen.html

1 hour ago, Crowes said:

Did you even watch the video?

There is no way that anyone with more than two functioning brain cells could listen to what she says, and think that Ms. Lynch is advocating violence.

Beyond that, does she look anything like Senator Schumer or Congresswoman Pelosi?

1 hour ago, WaywardWind said:

Did you even watch the video?

There is no way that anyone with more than two functioning brain cells could listen to what she says, and think that Ms. Lynch is advocating violence.

Beyond that, does she look anything like Senator Schumer or Congresswoman Pelosi?

Sadly I did watch it, and that video is a disgrace isn't it? Imagine if a republican came forward calling for blood in the streets. Liberals minds would explode. I didn't claim Schumer or Pelosi made any statements, other than their standard hate and vitriol we hear every time they open their mouths. The nation is still trying to take in why a deranged liberal tried to assassinate republican congressman yesterday to focus on much else at this point.  Michelle Obama told us that when they go low, we go high.....I guess she is a liar.

5 minutes ago, Crowes said:

Sadly I did watch it, and that video is a disgrace isn't it? Imagine if a republican came forward calling for blood in the streets. Liberals minds would explode. I didn't claim Schumer or Pelosi made any statements, other than their standard hate and vitriol we hear every time they open their mouths. The nation is still trying to take in why a deranged liberal tried to assassinate republican congressman yesterday to focus on much else at this point.  Michelle Obama told us that when they go low, we go high.....I guess she is a liar.

She did not call for blood in the streets. Stop lying.

Politics is very polarized now. 

Dishonest games like you're playing are definitely not helping. 

8 hours ago, mesquite said:

*crickets*

I just saw this.

I denounce it. Obviously.

I doubt you'll find one person here supporting such violence.

I also denounce the sleazy trumpist tactic now of trying to suppress free speech and anti-trumpist dissent (and art such as the New York Shakespeare production) with the excuse of that incident. 

Next ... 

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I also denounce the sleazy trumpist tactic now of trying to suppress free speech and anti-trumpist dissent (and art such as the New York Shakespeare production) with the excuse of that incident. 

Next ... 

How can you be against all this now when you would be the first person crying foul if the same was done against Obama? The people suppressing free speech are leftist groups like Antifa, BLM, and crazies like the liberal that tried to assassinate republican congressmen yesterday. That's suppression of free speech. Conservatives can't even speak on college campuses without being attacked by the left (Berkley ring a bell?). Conservatives can't wear a MAGA hat without being attacked and having their property stolen. Suppressing free speech is alive and well, but it's by the left.

31 minutes ago, Crowes said:

How can you be against all this now when you would be the first person crying foul if the same was done against Obama? The people suppressing free speech are leftist groups like Antifa, BLM, and crazies like the liberal that tried to assassinate republican congressmen yesterday. That's suppression of free speech. Conservatives can't even speak on college campuses without being attacked by the left (Berkley ring a bell?). Conservatives can't wear a MAGA hat without being attacked and having their property stolen. Suppressing free speech is alive and well, but it's by the left.

Don't you dare ever put words in my mouth.

I am not against free speech.

You're projecting typical Fox news type propaganda on me. Not OK. 

We were talking here about the recent incident. 

There is indeed a lot of noise now from the trumpists and right wing to try to intimidate anti-trumpist rhetoric with the violent incident as an excuse. 

Particularly the idiocy about objecting to the Shakespeare play in NYC. 

Just what I thought, nothing constructive to say but blaming one news network in a sea of liberal media. Conservatives are getting attacked all around the country from liberals and you want to blame the conservatives for talking about a play in New York. Tell that to Scalise who is still in critical condition from the horrible assassination attempt yesterday that a liberal conducted.

10 minutes ago, Crowes said:

Just what I thought, nothing constructive to say but blaming one news network in a sea of liberal media. Conservatives are getting attacked all around the country from liberals and you want to blame the conservatives for talking about a play in New York. Tell that to Scalise who is still in critical condition from the horrible assassination attempt yesterday that a liberal conducted.

Dude, either you're for free speech and free artistic expression for all or not. 

To paint "conservatives" as victims when the right wing party controls almost every aspect of government these days is beyond comical.

Yes, the trumpists are in a massively sleazy way trying to justify repression of anti-trumpist speech because of the baseball incident.

It won't work. Do not even bother.

It's almost funny that anyone thought this incident would bring a hope for some unity. Obviously, it won't do that in any way, and based on your style of rhetoric, will make things worse.

Things can always get worse. 

Edited by Jingthing

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, the trumpists are in a massively sleazy way trying to justify repression of anti-trumpist speech because of the baseball incident.

Could you provide us with a few examples of this?

A post violating Fair Use Policy has been removed.  

Please only quote three sentences of an article and then a link to the remainder.   Posting more than that violates Fair Use Policy.  

Here's the rule:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Baseball incident?  A baseball incident would be a foul ball hitting a parked car.  This was attempted partisan mass murder.

Shooting of Gun-Rights Congressman Fires Up Both Sides of Debate

"Scalise's position on firearms legislation puts him within the mainstream of the Republican Party, 

which endorsed gun rights in its platform last year."

"Scalise voted along with other House Republicans in January to reverse a federal rule aimed at preventing people with serious mental-health problems from buying guns."

"Over his congressional career that began in 2008, Scalise has introduced four times a measure to ease interstate firearms sales."

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-16/don-t-underestimate-this-u-s-expansion-it-s-headed-to-a-record

Steve Scalise: Republican wounded in baseball shooting is key figure in House

"Scalise spent years criticising the Obama administration's attempts to pass stronger gun control laws, 

and has argued that enforcing current laws is a better approach to reducing violence."

"In 2014, Scalise apologized after reports emerged that he had spoken at a white supremacist group gathering in 2002."

"Scalise addressed a group, the European-American Unity and Rights Organization, founded by Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, who gained new prominence last year for endorsing Donald Trump for president."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/14/steve-scalise-top-ranking-republican-louisiana-gun-rights

1.png

6 hours ago, Crowes said:

Whatever he says, he is not lying, as you are with your video claiming Lynch is asking for blood in the streets.

Total <deleted> what your'e doing here mate.

2 hours ago, selftaopath said:

Did he or any other gun advocate care a/b Sandy Hook Elementary killings, wanting to lessen access to guns and possibly diminish such horrific murders?

Of course not. They always respond that these incidents are the price that needs to be paid for their precious 2nd Amendment. Reality is that the 2nd Amendmentists own them. 

If you think a call for MLK style civil disobedience is a disgraceful call for blood in the streets you are not much of a student of US history.

19 hours ago, JAG said:

You know, if the baseball players had all been armed...

If you didn't notice, the fact that there was an armed police presence that took out the shooter is the only thing that prevented an outright massacre.