Transferred Metro Region 8 Police chief says there's no graft in force

webfact

Transferred Metro Region 8 Police chief says there's no graft in force

PNPOL600615001001001.jpg

BANGKOK, 15th June 2017 (NNT) – Both the commander of the Royal Thai Police and a former Metropolitan Region 8 police chief have hit back at claims from an ex-member of the National Reform Steering Assembly (NRSA) that officers in the Metropolitan Police have been buying and selling promotions, saying that the force is ready to be probed. 

Former Chief of the Metropolitan Region 8 Police, Pol Lt Gen Tesa Siriwato, speaking at a press conference after being transferred to the Office of the Royal Thai Police to make way for investigations into graft, confirmed that throughout his two years in office he never requested favors in exchange for promotions. 

The commander of the Royal Thai Police meanwhile refuted a claim by his predecessor Pol Gen Seripisut Temiyavej that the latest police promotion and transfer list was drafted by Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal, head of the Police Patrol and Special Operations Division. 

Nonetheless, National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) Secretary-General Sansern Poljiak, has indicated that his office must act on reports filed by the public alleging corruption within the police force. He said former NRSA member Wittaya Kaeoparadai, who wrote the report, has been called to give a statement but noted that the NACC is compelled to take action against any suspicions of graft.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-06-15

maybe finally we will see the extent of corruption in the police force thats if they do not shut it down or white wash it. Everyone knows how much money changes hands for a promotion in any govt department, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Trying to claim it doesnt happen just digs a deeper hole

Edited by seajae

................Police chief says there's no graft in force..............

Mods: How many "Rolling on the Floor Laughing" :cheesy: emoticons are you allowed in one post?

Edited by Cuchulainn

Well, if he's telling the truth it makes it a while lot sadder. The reason why so many police officers are so overwhelmingly inept is 'cos they paid to be there. If they go the job through experience and qualifications, Lord have mercy on our souls. 

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I am seriously impressed with the way he kept a straight face when he came out with that unbelievable pile of crap.

Well......they are experts at telling lies......as they are experts in covering up obvious crimes.....disappearing people.....etc!

I swear I did not kill that person!!!

I did not rob this house, not me.

Our neighbourhood is very clean no thieves here, I assure you none amongst us.

We are honest..we are straight..we are faithful and never get bribed to do our work.:stoner:

I never cease to be amazed how they can tell absolute porkies & keep a straight face.

It is common knowledge how many millions they have to pay to be the "Boss" at Lumpini or Thonglor

(Where all the brown paper bags are collected monthly in the "Entertainment " areas.

They will continue with impunity

Former Chief of the Metropolitan Region 8 Police, Pol Lt Gen Tesa Siriwato, speaking at a press conference after being transferred to the Office of the Royal Thai Police to make way for investigations into graft, confirmed that throughout his two years in office he never requested favors in exchange for promotions. 

TTTTTTTTTTwo years in office, and LT GENERAL what is going on............... 

Just now, KBsinter said:

TTTTTTTTTTwo years in office, and LT GENERAL what is going on............... 

That would be his current position, not 2 years in the BIB.