Ten undocumented Cambodian workers found in van in Ayutthaya

webfact

By The Nation

AYUTTHAYA: -- Ten undocumented Cambodian workers were found when police stopped a van in Ayutthaya on Thursday.

The van driver, Methee Sae-kim, 24, a Nonthaburi resident, was arrested.

Police stopped the van on the inbound Phaholyothidn Road in Tambon Chamaeb of Ayutthaya’s Wang Noi district.

Inside, police found 17 Cambodian workers. Only seven of them had worker identification issued by Thai authorities.

Methee said he was hired Bt4,000 to take the workers from a camp in Saraburi to Bangkok.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30318135

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-15

13 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

New headline could not be correct 17 , 10 without work permits

The headline was perfectly correct. 

On 15/06/2017 at 7:24 AM, webfact said:

1 minute ago, Get Real said:

It was 17 passengers, and 10 of them undocumented. I sincerely hope that will be of help.

1 minute ago, Get Real said:

It was 17 passengers, and 10 of them undocumented. I sincerely hope that will be of help.

I can't be  arsed to explain read the thread back

ok let me explain , Headline says 10 undocumented workers, so having not read the whole thread , I thought 10 workers wasnt enough for your average mini van. Its what happens when you dont read it fully because you are posting somewhere else as well like a West Ham site. Hope that keep you happy

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Because human trafficking is an appalling crime. 

It certainly is, but I didn't read anything that would indicate that was the case.  There are many thousands of workers from other countries here that make much more than they would in their own countries.  I have a friend from Cambodia that worked here for 5 years undocumented.  He was under paid, but he made 5 times what he could in Cambodia.  He built a house for his parents, and put his sister through university.  He also learned how to manager a restaurant. 

Edited by Redline

2 minutes ago, Redline said:

It certainly is, but I didn't read anything that would indicate that was the case.  There are many thousands of workers from other countries here that make much more than they would in their own countries.  I have a friend from Cambodia that worked here for 5 years undocumented.  He was under paid, but he made 5 times what he could in Cambodia.  He built a house for his parents, and put his sister through university.  He also learned how to manager a restaurant. 

10 undocumented workers being transported from a camp to bangkok counts as trafficking to me. 

Edited by Bluespunk

3 hours ago, Dave67 said:

ok let me explain , Headline says 10 undocumented workers, so having not read the whole thread , I thought 10 workers wasnt enough for your average mini van. Its what happens when you dont read it fully because you are posting somewhere else as well like a West Ham site. Hope that keep you happy

nope

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:03 PM, Redline said:

Wow!  Why is this in the news?

Right. It happens every day.

Must be a trivial news day today. 

Sadly nothing from PM Prayut about lewd dancing which sucks the daily news life out of the media.