Victim helps arrested bike thief in Phuket Town

webfact

Victim helps arrested bike thief in Phuket Town

Phuket Gazette 

1_201761511362488_qbsObvHfFiCAwxRmqezFXymvSWtEoLcenUtOQAuW_jpeg.jpg The suspect, 42-year-old Suraphol Punpek, had earlier this year been released from jail where he was serving a sentence for theft. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Police arrested a motorbike thief at Saphan Hin in Phuket Town yesterday, about six hours after he made off with a bike that had been parked at Dragon’s Monument in Talad Yai.

The suspect, 42-year-old Suraphol Punpek, had earlier this year been released from jail where he was serving a sentence for theft. 

The incident occurred sometime between 4am and 7am. The victim, a 17-year-old girl, told police that she had parked her bike near the monument with the key still in the ignition. She came back at about 7am to find it gone. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Victim-helps-arrested-bike-thief-Phuket-Town/66697?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-06-15

The copy written beneath the picture is insufficient to justify the baffling headline. Only when I checked on the source material did I get the answer. The young rider found the stolen bike herself, informed the police and they staked it out. The Phuket Gazette explained their headline, the writer here lazily copied their headline and omitted the crucial information. As my English Teacher wrote in the old days when I was at school, "Must try harder".

On 6/15/2017 at 7:01 AM, peterpaintpot said:

The copy written beneath the picture is insufficient to justify the baffling headline. Only when I checked on the source material did I get the answer. The young rider found the stolen bike herself, informed the police and they staked it out. The Phuket Gazette explained their headline, the writer here lazily copied their headline and omitted the crucial information. As my English Teacher wrote in the old days when I was at school, "Must try harder".

Must try harder - to obscure the facts?

Theft is pretty rare here in Thailand. 
I almost never lock my truck doors 

But I wouldn't leave my keys in my motorbike. 
No sense in tempting the very  poor. 

Back in the states, on a recent visit, I left my car unlocked for 3 minutes. 
They took everything inside, including an old jacket, and a few pair of socks.

I get too used to the goodness of people here in Thailand.