Girls on Thaifriendly

dfdgfdfdgs

I've been in and around Thailand for around 5 years now.  I've used Thaifriendly for about the last 3 of those years.

Thaifriendly, when I first started using it, was a revelation.  From using dating sites in the UK where the selection wasn't much better than the reduced meat bin in Tesco Lotus an hour before closing, and the reply rate was still pathetic and mostly limited to single mums, on Thaifriendly I was getting 80-90% replies from BKK university girls, and I was messaging exclusively  7/10, 8/10, 9/10 girls.  I'm not saying that all those conversations developed into something, but that's normal, right?  You don't click with everyone.  I think I was meeting about 20% of the girls I was adding onto Line and I got casual relationships and some girlfriends out of about half of those.

In the last year or so on Thaifriendly, it's really gone tits up.  Can I say tits?  The reply rate has dropped down to about 50%.  I'm finding that all the girls in BKK are more choosy now, the reply rate with the prettier 9/10 girls in BKK has plummeted, they're just not interested.  I've messed around with pictures and stuff, even using some of the same pictures I was using 1-2 years ago, just to see if it was that that was making the difference.  I'm young, physically fit, not ugly and with a decent personality, and in the past that was all you needed to get lots of attention on Thaifriendly.  But, times seem to have changed, I'm left wondering why.  More younger guys using the site i.e. I was a sought after commodity before but now that pool has been diluted?  Less interest in farang generally?  Less interest in Thaifriendly generally (website hasn't had a facelift in all the time I've been using it)?   If you search outside of BKK, the reply rate is better, and they're more interested in you.  Which makes me think that it's more guys, maybe specifically more younger guys using thaifriendly, most of them living in BKK?

I've started using Tinder but that's a minefield, the amount of hookers and ladyboys on there almost outnumbers the genuine girls and there's no separate category for ladyboys, as there is on Thaifriendly, so they all put themselves under 'female'.

Anybody else noticed similar?  Any other decent pick-up apps?

You have to elevate your game. You are now competing with many 'slumdog millionaires" from the west. You know guys who claim they are "Thai rich", meaning they can splash out on a date and still pay the rent on their 20K per month Ideo Condo. You know the same 20 and 30 somethings who will be on here in a decade whining about how they have nothing to show for 12 years of teaching English and are leaving it all and going back to their home country,

But seriously, the girls on ThaiFriendly (at least according to my girlfriend...and not quite sure how she knows....) are mainly looking to 1) find a rich prince or 2) play head games with aforementioned slumdog millionaires. And a small % actually just want to practice chatting in English so they will talk to anyone. The bottom line is like anything new to the game, once it become widely popular it's done.

Edited by tonray

But it didn't used to be like that.  Agree the 'want to learn English' girls were always there and they're still there now.

'find rich prince/play head games' - they're not replying in the first place; they have no idea if I am rich or whether they can play head games with me.

My issue is with the reply rate and the general disinterest, particularly in BKK.  And it's low season anyway, most of the part-timers aren't here.

19 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

But it didn't used to be like that.  Agree the 'want to learn English' girls were always there and they're still there now.

'find rich prince/play head games' - they're not replying in the first place; they have no idea if I am rich or whether they can play head games with me.

My issue is with the reply rate and the general disinterest, particularly in BKK.  And it's low season anyway, most of the part-timers aren't here.

Again...it's because they have tired of the game....you also need to realize that a large majority of foreigners use(d) ThaiFriendly as more of a one night stand hookup site and according to the GF (from her friends and contacts) they see most ads now as phony and won't waste their time with liars. It depends on what you want...if you are looking for a nice girl for a long term relationship it's easier to meet them at the Mall or the stores than a dating site that has acquired the deadly reputation of all liars and cheats.

11 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

The mall though.  I hate malls.

What should I go with.

Hi.  You have a boyfriend?  Want to talk to me on *insert app here*?

Anything better than that?

If that's your best line there's always the priesthood to fall back on 

Devastating.

We may have to start pounding the pavement again on location. Strange things, like making Eye-Contact and physically looking at the person. (With no Photo-Shop hokus-pokus).  
This version of getting to know people is superior to any other. Our ancestors, (living in caves), not kowing what a computer is, have done quite well by applying this concept. Otherwise we would not be here.

This may appear as strictly "irrational behaviour" to the i-phone generation.

But me, as part of the non i-phone generation, will prefer "the pounding of the street" or "sitting at a bar" concept instead. This way, I can immediately feel if there is any "Chemistry" in the air between me and a female that I have looked at for 3 seconds.

- Much simpler than exchanging 145 e-mails, 50 hours if intensive "line-conversations" and 45 photo-shop pictures exchanged beforehand, only to find out that the "Chemistry" is not there when the electronically-linked "lovebirds" meet for the first time.
Cheers. 

10 minutes ago, swissie said:

- Much simpler than exchanging 145 e-mails, 50 hours if intensive "line-conversations" and 45 photo-shop pictures exchanged beforehand, only to find out that the "Chemistry" is not there when the electronically-linked "lovebirds" meet for the first time.

You don't need photoshop, swissie.  I've seen you and know that you are attractive, even to me, a heterosexual male.  

43 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

You don't need photoshop, swissie.  I've seen you and know that you are attractive, even to me, a heterosexual male.  

Thanks for the flowers, but:

If you have seen me, you have seen a lot of slightly overweight "sexy-man", that are being adressed with "Hello Papa" these days.
But with the help of 2 Testosterone shots a week and drinking 25 cans of "Red-Bull" per day , I shall soon be called "sexy-man" again.
Would be easier to turn back the clock. But no can do.:saai:
Cheers.

The OP's problem is his pics. What I do to get a 100% strike rate is put up all picks of me ballin'. Picks of me holding up a ton of US$100 bills, big goal chains around my neck & wrist, gold & diamond grillz on my teeth, pics of me standing in front of "my" Rari or Lambo. I I didn't really wanna give away my secrets to success but the OP sounded like a decent dude.

I met my wife on Thaicupid and found it a great way to meet girls go on date etc.

As other have said, lots of ahole guys have ruined it to a certain extent, the girls get sick of guys asking what color their undies are or send me naked photos etc, also a lot of hookers have ruined it by using it as a place to find customers.

Wife tells me lots of stories about 8 out of 10 guys, "show me your tits" etc, wife even went on a couple of dates with guys pretending to be looking for a GF etc, only to have a sex or leave ultimatum. Alternatively, I got sick of starting to chat to a girl and then being quoted an hourly rate, or what bar they worked in etc. (delete)

Not sure about Thaifriendly but on Thaicupid you need to pay money to be able to send messages, I think this reduces the aholes and hookers.

A lots depends on your profile, what you say you are looking for etc. And what you are actually looking for !

Take hookers out of the equation and Thai girls dont often do casual sex, if your profile says casual hookups or all the euphemisms for casual sex, "fun, friends, party" etc, then you wont get much of a response.

If you are genuinely looking for dating, GF, partners etc, and your profile says that, the sites can be great, you can filter out the one's that dont interest you, certain age range, kids are in issan and she works in Pattaya (bargirl red flag) etc. But dont forget, the girls are doing the same level of filtering.

I think the decline you mention comes down to, to many people trying to use the sites as casual sex hookup sites, and not dating sites.

Edited by Peterw42

8 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

You're probably right that enthusiasm has dimmed on TF, on both sides.  The guys are looking for free sex and the girls are trying to avoid sex unless they get paid.  So what's happened to all those girls that you've met previously in those heydays?  Seems like you met quite a few.  You can always go back to them...can't you?

According to the wife the guys on there were all pretty old. Many older women are still on ThaiFriendly, well older friends of my Mrs at her workplace use it. With the popularity of the newer apps, everyone has migrated to those. 

The young girls who are out for a bit of fun are using apps like Tinder and other similar ones. They don't care about necessarily finding a relationship. A good looking guy on holiday will do, and young guys on holidays are on Tinder, not ThaiFriendly. 

Ones seeking a relationship still find the potential partners on Tinder a much higher standard than those on ThaiFriendly. - due to mostly the age difference. 

As for the hookers etc clogging up Tinder, I think you will probably more find that the stunners just swiped no to you as they have many more options now, where as before they only had ThaiFriendly so were very limited in their options. 

Advancements in technology are good. The girls actually get a wide variety of guys to choose from. Or another way of putting it, they actually get a choice these days. What youngish girl wouldn't choose a young, good looking guy, over a old, not so good looking guy. Are we so selfish as men that we are seriously having a big sook about that? 

Edited by wildewillie89

12 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

In the last year or so on Thaifriendly, it's really gone tits up.  Can I say tits?  The reply rate has dropped down to about 50%.  I'm finding that all the girls in BKK are more choosy now, the reply rate with the prettier 9/10 girls in BKK has plummeted, they're just not interested.  I've messed around with pictures and stuff, even using some of the same pictures I was using 1-2 years ago, just to see if it was that that was making the difference.

Well, maybe if your generally poor attitude towards women wasn't hopelessly transparent due to comments such as:

From using dating sites in the UK where the selection wasn't much better than the reduced meat bin in Tesco Lotus an hour before closing, and the reply rate was still pathetic and mostly limited to single mums, on Thaifriendly I was getting 80-90% replies from BKK university girls, and I was messaging exclusively  7/10, 8/10, 9/10 girls.

then maybe you would be getting more hot action rather than GFE's and RGFE's.

I mean you really think you are God's gift with the assertion:

I'm young, physically fit, not ugly and with a decent personality, and in the past that was all you needed to get lots of attention on Thaifriendly.  But, times seem to have changed, I'm left wondering why.  More younger guys using the site i.e. I was a sought after commodity before but now that pool has been diluted?  Less interest in farang generally?

Your game, and that of all the non-paid account holding farang skirt chasers on TF, has been well and truly called and you are one of the reasons for this perceived demise of somehow getting laid (or at least blown) by nice girls on first dates in LOS.

"   I'm young, physically fit, not ugly and with a decent personality, and in the past that was all you needed to get lots of attention on Thaifriendly. "

what an airhead,   go to any mall, resturaunt ,gym etc and actually smile and talk with a girl and ask her out.   easy ! 

btw i use TF regular and i use it for one thing only ( p4p )  thai bar girls dont need to sit in a bar all day from 4pm till 2am  they can sit in the room eating somtam untill the get the call from TF , badoo,tinder,line etc

in my view over 10 years 99% of girls on TF want cash,  some work in offices, some in shops but all will have sex with you only for CASH

Cutting to the chase, these Thai dating websites are mostly about men wanting sex with much younger women and the women wanting money or to be sponsored with their education or for help with supporting them and their children and families.

The best looking girls rarely view men`s profiles and rarely make the first contacts. On Thai Friendly they only need to view their messaging inboxes and choose from probably scores of guys per day who have contacted them. These girls probably receive hundreds of messages from guys every week and to receive responses those men really have to stand out from the crowd. I have noticed that some girls have multiple profiles on TF. This is because when they receive too many messages TF insists the men who want to make contact with them upgrade to the pay subscribe version of TF.  This decreases the chances of women being contacted substantially, so they open several profiles to spread the messages so that the free members can still contact them. Others delete their profiles and then open new profiles to give an appearance of being new members and haven`t been on TF for too long.

If guys would like more scores on TF and other Thai dating websites, then best to lower their sights and aim more for the older and less attractive women.

15 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

If guys would like more scores on TF and other Thai dating websites, then best to lower their sights and aim more for the older and less attractive women.

The quality of chicks there are already quite low indeed. If I had to lower my standards any lower I'd have to go for wrinkly 99 year old grandmas. :shock1:

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

The quality of chicks there are already quite low indeed. If I had to lower my standards any lower I'd have to go for wrinkly 99 year old grandmas. :shock1:

I`d lay money that you`re no oil painting yourself. Old decrepit Farlangs, probably living on pensions, that believe young attractive women are going to find them attractive. Back in your own countries you will become invisible to women under the ages of 35. 

Most women, regardless of age and looks, dream about finding guys that are young, tall, rich and handsome. No young women would ever have posters pinned on their bedroom walls of men 45 years and older. So unless these old guys are very rich or prepared to throw in lots of cash for the company of young desirable women, then it`s as I said; best to lower their expectations and go for something much more realistic.

19 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Yes you might be on to something there.  Every girl I speak to complains about the guys asking for sex or generally being sex pests.

Reading your OP, you came across as nothing else but a guy out to buy cheap sex.

11 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think the decline you mention comes down to, to many people trying to use the sites as casual sex hookup sites, and not dating sites.

The OP mentions that he has been using the site sunce over 5 years. In the initial years he had great strike rates meeting many girls. Now he despairs that he is not able to get the same number of hits from young girls. So do you think he is using the site to find casual cheap sex or to find a partner to spend his life with?

36 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I`d lay money that you`re no oil painting yourself. Old decrepit Farlangs, probably living on pensions, that believe young attractive women are going to find them attractive. Back in your own countries you will become invisible to women under the ages of 35. 

Most women, regardless of age and looks, dream about finding guys that are young, tall, rich and handsome. No young women would ever have posters pinned on their bedroom walls of men 45 years and older. So unless these old guys are very rich or prepared to throw in lots of cash for the company of young desirable women, then it`s as I said; best to lower their expectations and go for something much more realistic.

Sorry bro, I ain't no old grey nomad. Not close to hitting the ripe old age of 35 either but I would still accept a m.i.l.f. around that age if they are decent looking :)

Agree with you on the 2nd paragraph, no young chick has a dream of ever being with someone double their age unless they're a prostitute and only in it for the money.

Edited by bbi1

As I have said numerous times, Get out and meet women real time. Dating sites are just crap. People lie, Alter pictures of themselves to look better, lie about their age, their intentions, etc. Its all silly. I also believe Thai women in general have become smarter and aren't so desperate to meet some foreigner guy. Honestly a dating site is no different then TVF. An anonymous poster bantering back and forth.

Time for the OP to polish up is social skills. 

5 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I don't agree with the term "lowering ones sight and aim for less attractive". There are so many beautiful older women available with no baggage, no ex husband, no kids, employed, financially secure etc. But I guess it would all depend on the guys age.  

20 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

If I can remember there is an option people can see when you join Thaifriendly.

If I was you I will delete my profile and make a new one with new pics and introduction.

If you use the free membership girls think that you are not there for serious relationships as you are not able to invest a few $,£,¥ or € in your quest

4 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I don't agree with the term "lowering ones sight and aim for less attractive". There are so many beautiful older women available with no baggage, no ex husband, no kids, employed, financially secure etc. But I guess it would all depend on the guys age.  

I don't mind an occasional attractive M.I.L.F. Sometimes they are at their prime of their sexuality.