London/Finsbury Park: 'Several hurt' as vehicle hits pedestrians

webfact

Finsbury Park: 'Several hurt' as vehicle hits pedestrians

LONDON: -- A vehicle has struck pedestrians "leaving a number of casualties" in north London, police said.

One person was arrested following the incident near Finsbury Park Mosque on Seven Sisters Road.

Officers were called at 00.20 BST and remain at the scene, the Metropolitan Police said, describing it as a "major incident".

London Ambulance Service said it had sent "a number of resources".

Full story:  http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40322960

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-06-19

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I guess it was only a matter of time before someone turned the tables. I do not agree with the action, or condone it, though it is to some degree understandable.

An actual "hate crime"?

Deserving harsh punishment. Unlike leaving a bacon sandwich at a mosque door!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4075328/Man-jailed-leaving-bacon-sandwiched-outside-mosque-dead-prison-half-way-12-month-sentence.html

"Eyewitnesses have told LBC radio that the van approached “slowly and intentionally accelerated into crowded cafe outside a mosque”. http://www.news.com.au/world/london-mosque-vehicle-crashes-through-predestrians/news-story/b3acad62659dd34bad76624d78b690bb

Certainly appears to have been intentional then. I am surprised at the restraint of the people who held the driver until the police arrived, rather than giving him a serious kicking, or worse.

Edit: It is being alleged the driver said he wanted to kill all Muslims. If true, there is no doubt it was intentional.

Edited by darksidedog

Several injured after vehicle rams people leaving London mosque: witnesses

By Ritvik Carvalho and Costas Pitas

tag-reuters.jpg

Police officers attend to the scene after a vehicle collided with pedestrians in the Finsbury Park neighborhood of North London, Britain June 19, 2017. MANDATORY CREDIT Thomas Van Hulle/Social Media via REUTERS

LONDON (Reuters) - Several people were injured in north Londonearly on Monday after a van rammed into worshippers leaving a mosque, witnesses said, in what British police described as a "major incident".

The Muslim Council of Britain said the vehicle had hit people as they were leaving Finsbury Park mosque.

Police said they were called just after 12:20 a.m. (2320 GMT Sunday) to reports of a collision on Seven Sisters Road, which runs through the Finsbury Park area of the city. They said there were a number of casualties and one person had been arrested.

tag-reuters-2.jpg

Police officers attend to the scene after a vehicle collided with pedestrians in the Finsbury Park neighborhood of NorthLondon, Britain June 19, 2017. REUTERS/Neil Hall

"From the window, I started hearing a lot of yelling and screeching, a lot of chaos outside. … Everybody was shouting: 'A van’s hit people, a van’s hit people'," one woman who lives opposite the scene told the BBC.

"There was this white van stopped outside Finsbury Park mosque that seemed to have hit people who were coming out after prayers had finished. I didn’t see the attacker himself, although he seems to have been arrested, but I did see the van."

A Reuters witness saw at least one person being loaded into an ambulance. A number of police and ambulances were in attendance.

The incident followed a series of attacks in Britain.

Eight people were killed and 50 injured on June 3 when three Islamist militants drove into pedestrians on London Bridge and stabbed people at nearby restaurants and bars.

On March 22, a man drove a rented car into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge in London and stabbed a policeman to death before being shot dead. His attack killed five people.

On May 22, a suicide bomber killed 22 people at a concert by American pop singer Ariana Grande in Manchester in northern England.

(Writing by Guy Faulconbridge and Nick Tattersall; Editing by Peter Cooney)

reuters_logo.jpg
    -- © Copyright Reuters 2017-06-19

12 minutes ago, Usernames said:

Well, TVF got this article up fast.  Compared to the attempted assassination of the Republican house leadership, which took them 12 hours.

Well maybe horses should be pulled up on this for a while so much being said.

A guy from the mosque said there was 3 attacker in the van, most say 1 and another has said 2,  latest 10 people injured so far.

Two worshippers feared dead in London mosque incident - the Sun newspaper

tag-reuters.jpg

Emergency crews attend to the scene after a vehicle collided with pedestrians near a mosque in the Finsbury Park neighborhood of North London, Britain June 19, 2017. REUTERS/Neil Hall

LONDON (Reuters) - Two worshippers are feared dead after a van rammed people near a mosque in north London, the Sun newspaper said.

(Reporting by Guy Faulconbridge; editing by William James)

reuters_logo.jpg
    -- © Copyright Reuters 2017-06-19

Terrible incident brought on by political inaction by western governments all over. I really hope there are peaceful protests after this event.........if not..I think the Brits and even the government would of really had enough.

Edited by goldenbrwn1

11 minutes ago, iReason said:

A bunch of ignorant neo-nazis who got what they deserved. Jail.

:coffee1:

They who also jail those who burn poppies  and carry ISIS flags just as offensive to me as a bacon sandwich in a Mosque is to them

1 minute ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Terrible incident brought on by political inaction by western governments all over. I really hope there are peaceful protests after this event.........if not..I think the Brits and even the government would of really had enough then.

Isn't this the first of this kind of attack though,   if some Brits have really had enough maybe it's the start. 

8 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

They who also jail those who burn poppies  and carry ISIS flags just as offensive to me as a bacon sandwich in a Mosque is to them

Nope!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-12664346
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33406768
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/590133/Cross-of-St-George-vs-ISIS-flag-Why-is-one-banned-and-the-other-FINE

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Isn't this the first of this kind of attack though,   if some Brits have really had enough maybe it's the start. 

Oh yes the Brits are fed up to the back teeth with it all. But it takes a hell of a long time to get them going. ....but when they do snap, which they will eventually, it won't be tea and crumpets for everyone.  

Historical guilt is wearing thin in the UK rapidly.

Edited by goldenbrwn1

You know I met an old pal of mine last week in the city ( of London). Went for couple of pints then a Curry down brick lane was mobbed because of Ramadan and hot weather.  I was wondering if something like this tonight in Finsbury Park could happen in East London too.  Hope no copy cat attacks

1 minute ago, PattayaJames said:

What fined 50 pound for burning poppies to antagomize and insult the British public, hardly a lesson , probably paid the fine out of his social security money. I come from east London and many people there have had enough

3 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

What fined 50 pound for burning poppies to antagomize and insult the British public, hardly a lesson , probably paid the fine out of his social security money. I come from east London and many people there have had enough

There is a growing fear and I live in East London now

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I guess it was only a matter of time before someone turned the tables. I do not agree with the action, or condone it, though it is to some degree understandable.

So deliberately trying to kill innocent people is understandable,. You are as bad at the Islamic fundamentalists

2 minutes ago, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

I predict a reverse retaliation within a few days

Oh of course there will be. ..now because of this incident the UK is now faced with the prospect of Muslim extremists commiting acts of violence on innocents. And there we were all just getting along peacefully....?