Sexy dancer "Lamyai" who annoyed the general says poverty is what drives her

webfact

This woman is getting more appealing, every time I read something about her. Not to mention her lovely appearance, and that damn body. She seems really sincere. I love what she said about making money. So straight forward. She is making Little P. look more ridiculous by the day. He has so many really urgent problems that need his attention. And when he focuses on things like this, that have absolutely zero impact on Thai society, he makes himself look even smaller than he actually is, if that is possible. He is the laughing stock of planet earth. He is petty, silly, petulant, overly consumed by this position of his, and self important, beyond imagination. And he actually believes that what he has to say means anything to the Thai people. She covered up, out of embarrassment that this little tiny man has brought upon her. But, in reality he has brought this embarrassment upon himself, by looking so bizarre and clownish. In a land where sex is as easy to find as a 7/11, he makes a pronouncement like the one he did, and in the process looks more out of touch than he has ever looked. And that is a hard thing to do!

The reality is, that he got outplayed by the entertainer, the same way Cheeto got outplayed by both the Saudis and Marcon. They were simply smarter and less juvenile.

The nice thing about all of this, is that he has probably provided a nice boost to her career. And since his memory only lasts 2 to 7 days, within that time, she will be back to her old act again. Just like every other crackdown this crackpot has ever done. Forgotten within days. One only hopes and prays for the day he will be forgotten too.

Edited by spidermike007

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

and to get back to topic...this is their country, their people, their culture, their rules.....

they are free to do what they deem fit without foreign interference or long expired colonist dogma's...

should it be the chesty cuties in the Nana Plaza floors or the PM's views on twerky twerky cuties, they are free to do what they feel....open up and chill down a bit guys...:burp:this is the 21st century...colonies are far back, christian croisades long forgotten...and those wishing to preach views close to muslim extremism can ask for asylum in any correlated country far behind....

we are hosts in this lovely country, and those who hate it, just leave it....no point in arguing for years?

We are hosts?  It's not really their rules, it's Prayut's rules.

1 minute ago, stephen tracy said:

We are hosts?  It's not really their rules, it's Prayut's rules.

you are naturally open enough I presume to note it was a lexical mistake...that has been corrected.

whatever whose rules they are...it's an issue amongst themselves and not for us to meddle in considering our way of thinking to be superior to theirs, as it is not...it is just different.

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

you are naturally open enough I presume to note it was a lexical mistake...that has been corrected.

whatever whose rules they are...it's an issue amongst themselves and not for us to meddle in considering our way of thinking to be superior to theirs, as it is not...it is just different.

I don't think it's an issue among themselves, nor do I think much of the sentiment expressed here is really aimed at the general population. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. People (foreign and Thai alike) were dumbfounded to discover that the head of state actually deemed it necessary to deploy security forces to a musical performance to count the number hip thrusts a teenager singer performed during one of her songs.  It has nothing to do with "considering our way of thinking to be superior to theirs", it's about ridiculing a man who is clearly deranged, yet in charge of the country's future, not to mention the past.... he did, after all, remove the plaque.

I don't think it's an issue among themselves, nor do I think much of the sentiment expressed here is really aimed at the general population. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. People (foreign and Thai alike) were dumbfounded to discover that the head of state actually deemed it necessary to deploy security forces to a musical performance to count the number hip thrusts a teenager singer performed during one of her songs.  It has nothing to do with "considering our way of thinking to be superior to theirs", it's about ridiculing a man who is clearly deranged, yet in charge of the country's future, not to mention the past.... he did, after all, remove the plaque.

Okay that's a more moderate view, thanks for the time and the thought.

But on the other end of the stick if I may, many  are a bit fed up with farangs aiming to educate and convert the locals on social, cultural or political issues that are none of our business, if I may!

18 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Okay that's a more moderate view, thanks for the time and the thought.

But on the other end of the stick if I may, many  are a bit fed up with farangs aiming to educate and convert the locals on social, cultural or political issues that are none of our business, if I may!

Of course you may. It's just that on a daily basis I don't see farangs - at least in BKK  - attempting to convert locals to a Western cultural mindset. This is not something I have witnessed in the last 10 years. With regards to politics, what is wrong with criticizing a dictatorship, regardless of where that dictatorship exists?  Would it be wrong for a Thai living and working in the UK or US to voice criticism of the president or PM?  People are entitled to their opinions.  By your reasoning then, should the foreign media corps not report critically on what goes on in Thailand because it's none of their business?  It is the job of a foreign correspondent to do just that. Sadly, in the current period here in Thailand, Thais are not allowed to criticize their PM unless they don't mind be summoned for "attitude adjustment" and/or being locked up with a hefty prison sentence. 

Of course you may. It's just that on a daily basis I don't see farangs - at least in BKK  - attempting to convert locals to a Western cultural mindset. This is not something I have witnessed in the last 10 years. With regards to politics, what is wrong with criticizing a dictatorship, regardless of where that dictatorship exists?  Would it be wrong for a Thai living and working in the UK or US to voice criticism of the president or PM?  People are entitled to their opinions.  By your reasoning then, should the foreign media corps not report critically on what goes on in Thailand because it's none of their business?  It is the job of a foreign correspondent to do just that. Sadly, in the current period here in Thailand, Thais are not allowed to criticize their PM unless they don't mind be summoned for "attitude adjustment" and/or being locked up with a hefty prison sentence. 

I have to often witnessed westerners openly speaking to the Thai's with arrogance, claiming openly they hate thai food, getting astounded that there is no appropriate foreign food, criticizing the infrastructures etc etc etc. And they were not any journalists doing their job with what they are trained to do...no just a bunch of spoilt, arrogant farangs, probably broke back home but who suddenly felt rich and powerful with the Baht exchange rate and start barking....perhaps in upscale places behaviour is good, but in more popular areas, such scenes are far from uncommon and I am surprised that you have never witnessed them!

Being judgmental isn't the Thai way.  Perhaps you should mind your own business,  move back to where ever you came from,  or walk in her high heels a mile before you make stupid comments like that. 

I love these posts that say "move back where you came from" It reminds if all the rednecks I knew in Texas. If you disagreed with Bush they would say "if you don't like it, move to (insert oppressive country here)"

I'm merely commenting like everyone else here. How's the view from way up there on your horse?

Perhaps we should stop by at the horse itself, as he may be smarter and aware, that you can change things, perhaps, but not if you offend others on the galop, with catty comments on their habbits, culture, food or whatever...should they be true or not...

As for the issue with Bush, you have a point assuming that both parties were in their homelands, which does not seem to be the issue here...and that does make a drastic difference...

why?.....just a matter of elementary politeness towards your host...one does not insult or make catty comments to a host in his own house? or have I been wrongly educated in my Irish School?

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

'Amongst themselves' is interesting. 'whateer whose rules they are' takes a while... I assume you're trying to sound like a sulky teenager 'Whatever!' like 'Woteva'. Everyone tends to assume that their way of thinking is better, and argument serves to help us hone and improve the practice. I do appreciate some aspects of Thai culture - but not in this case.

We've already noted that this kind of dirty dancing act is very commonplace - usually outdoor stages at public gatherings amongst the common people. 

Prayut is acting 'godfather' as a richer and higher class Thai - demanding an apology for this disgraceful behaviour (which is ignored in 99.9% of cases, but when officially observed must be talked down).

The distasteful side of Thai culture rears it's head in her coming forward to apologise (it's obvious that she's only 'sorry' because she's been ordered to be 'sorry'... in the same way that Thai kids only Wai teachers because they're ordered to do so.

We are NOT meddling, but simply commenting. As you are one of 'us' on TV, then you are also meddling...

Hopefully if we make lexical mistakes, we'll be okay with comments - but some of us might be a little careful not to add capitalisation or extreme lack of punctuation into the mix.

25 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Perhaps we should stop by at the horse itself, as he may be smarter and aware, that you can change things, perhaps, but not if you offend others on the galop, with catty comments on their habbits, culture, food or whatever...should they be true or not...

As for the issue with Bush, you have a point assuming that both parties were in their homelands, which does not seem to be the issue here...and that does make a drastic difference...

why?.....just a matter of elementary politeness towards your host...one does not insult or make catty comments to a host in his own house? or have I been wrongly educated in my Irish School?

I'm not sure if you're Irish education has anything to do with it, but I think you overestimate how much Thai people - with the exception of the lunatic known as Prayuth - care about what some random, blowhard farang has to say about their culture/society etc. 

2 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

I'm not sure if you're Irish education has anything to do with it, but I think you overestimate how much Thai people - with the exception of the lunatic known as Prayuth - care about what some random, blowhard farang has to say about their culture/society etc. 

obviously the ladyboys, hookers or others may not give a hoot on what others think!!...I'll take your word on that...

but generally speaking, many of my Thai acquaintances in Thailand and here aborad are sometimes a bit fed up of the not so random, blowharders that you rightfully qualify...

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

and to get back to topic...this is their country, their people, their culture, their rules.....

they are free to do what they deem fit without foreign interference or long expired colonist dogma's...

should it be the chesty cuties in the Nana Plaza floors or the PM's views on twerky twerky cuties, they are free to do what they feel....open up and chill down a bit guys...:burp:this is the 21st century...colonies are far back, christian croisades long forgotten...and those wishing to preach views close to muslim extremism can ask for asylum in any correlated country far behind....

we are guests in this lovely country, and those who hate it, just leave it....no point in arguing for years?

Nope, doesn't work that way. If you want to be a part of the 21st Century, you have to JOIN it and abide by certain standards. The "sovereign country" garbage is for those who eschew Western values and lionize multicultural, value neutral ideas. North Korea has a culture too, love it or leave it???

Edited by Chip Allen

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

obviously the ladyboys, hookers or others may not give a hoot on what others think!!...I'll take your word on that...

but generally speaking, many of my Thai acquaintances in Thailand and here aborad are sometimes a bit fed up of the not so random, blowharders that you rightfully qualify...

I wouldn't know what lady-boys and hookers think.  Your Presumptuousness and arrogance are really quite breathtaking.  It may come as a surprise to you, but not every other Western male apart from you in Thailand is a sex-pat/sex tourist.  This thread was about the young singer who has made the PM look dumber than he normally does.  I'm not sure where all this deep-seated resentment you have of other foreigners in Thailand comes from but it isn't really relevant anyway. 

19 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

'Amongst themselves' is interesting. 'whateer whose rules they are' takes a while... I assume you're trying to sound like a sulky teenager 'Whatever!' like 'Woteva'. Everyone tends to assume that their way of thinking is better, and argument serves to help us hone and improve the practice. I do appreciate some aspects of Thai culture - but not in this case.

We've already noted that this kind of dirty dancing act is very commonplace - usually outdoor stages at public gatherings amongst the common people. 

Prayut is acting 'godfather' as a richer and higher class Thai - demanding an apology for this disgraceful behaviour (which is ignored in 99.9% of cases, but when officially observed must be talked down).

The distasteful side of Thai culture rears it's head in her coming forward to apologise (it's obvious that she's only 'sorry' because she's been ordered to be 'sorry'... in the same way that Thai kids only Wai teachers because they're ordered to do so.

We are NOT meddling, but simply commenting. As you are one of 'us' on TV, then you are also meddling...

Hopefully if we make lexical mistakes, we'll be okay with comments - but some of us might be a little careful not to add capitalisation or extreme lack of punctuation into the mix.

Well english is not my working or daily speaking language so I'll be ok with your teachings...and sort of flattered that you mistook me for a teenager!!

What may seem distasteful to some, would be part of the cultural habbits of others, just as the wai in school. It is precisely such critics from outsiders, with no idea on the local cultural ideology, that can get offending as we are considering our standards of taste and distaste as a universal dogma and get offended when others do not abide to.

Commenting or meddling?...I leave others to take the direction of such lexical debate, as it obviously leads to endless disagreement.

Hopefully we will focus on the point and not blantly argue on lexical, typo or grammar issues that do come in handy, only on sheer lack of argumentation.

13 minutes ago, Chip Allen said:

Nope, doesn't work that way. If you want to be a part of the 21st Century, you have to JOIN it and abide by certain standards. The "sovereign country" garbage is for those who eschew Western values and lionize multicultural, value neutral ideas. North Korea has a culture too, love it or leave it???

sorry but don't get your point? what are you exactly trying to say please if I may ask?

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Well english is not my working or daily speaking language so I'll be ok with your teachings...and sort of flattered that you mistook me for a teenager!!

What may seem distasteful to some, would be part of the cultural habbits of others, just as the wai in school. It is precisely such critics from outsiders, with no idea on the local cultural ideology, that can get offending as we are considering our standards of taste and distaste as a universal dogma and get offended when others do not abide to.

Commenting or meddling?...I leave others to take the direction of such lexical debate, as it obviously leads to endless disagreement.

Hopefully we will focus on the point and not blantly argue on lexical, typo or grammar issues that do come in handy, only on sheer lack of argumentation.

"sheer lack of argumentation"? Your arguments/points are completely incoherent. That's why you were mistaken for a teenager.

7 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

I wouldn't know what lady-boys and hookers think.  Your Presumptuousness and arrogance are really quite breathtaking.  It may come as a surprise to you, but not every other Western male apart from you in Thailand is a sex-pat/sex tourist.  This thread was about the young singer who has made the PM look dumber than he normally does.  I'm not sure where all this deep-seated resentment you have of other foreigners in Thailand comes from but it isn't really relevant anyway. 

well you seem to give a clear definition on the term of speculative assumptions.

I do not know at what point you felt that you were hit as a sexpat or sex tourist since you raised the issue... as it is absolutely not my problem if you are or are not???...

No resentment here but if you felt concerned  on some issues I previously stated, or your farang ego perhaps got hurt, it would not be my problem and I do not understand why you are getting so upset??...surely you know better than I ...and perhaps you better can understand how Thai's can also get upset with certain behavioural patterns from westerners just as you seem to get all worked up here.

Maybe this is what the General prefers as performers when it comes to Thai culture, it certainly pays well enough, she's not going to be in poverty!. Thai cultural center last week, but do not know the likay troupe or the singer. It's certainly the finest mali I have ever seen, how authentic it is is anyone's guess though, it's real cash. I have seen singers given 100k on stage by fans as if it were no big deal. Some might consider such displays just as distasteful as the bump and grind as it's showing off and materialistic, but people should not need telling what they can and cannot watch or like, certainly not by politicians

2833.jpg

2835.jpg

8 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

"sheer lack of argumentation"? Your arguments/points are completely incoherent. That's why you were mistaken for a teenager.

Actually I said this poster used the word 'Whatever' in the way a sulky teenager might do - the language is clearly incomprehensible as are any ideas expressed here.

10 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

incoherent to you, but did your mum not teach you to speak a bit more politely when arguing? or are these your standards of politeness my dear chap?  quite a lack of maturity and education, one could assume?

But I can understand that you are just all worked up as my different ideas on previous exchanges with you, are not abiding to your arrogance and it is exactly such attitudes that give all farangs a bad image in Thailand. Cool down a bit dear fellow...life will be smoother!

Edited by observer90210

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

well you seem to give a clear definition on the term of speculative assumptions.

I do not know at what point you felt that you were hit as a sexpat or sex tourist since you raised the issue... as it is absolutely not my problem if you are or are not???...

No resentment here but if you felt concerned  on some issues I previously stated, or your farang ego perhaps got hurt, it would not be my problem and I do not understand why you are getting so upset??...surely you know better than I ...and perhaps you better can understand how Thai's can also get upset with certain behavioural patterns from westerners just as you seem to get all worked up here.

"obviously the ladyboys, hookers or others may not give a hoot on what others think!!." Does that ring a bell?  As for getting worked up, I'm not. I'm just bemused by your temper tantrum over something not even related to the thread.  As in, why all the fuss over a twerk? Don't worry, you could never possibly bruise my "farang ego".

6 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

incoherent to you, but did your mum not teach you to speak a bit more politely when arguing? or are these your standards of politeness my dear chap?  quite a lack of maturity and education, one could assume?

But I can understand that you are just all worked up as my different ideas on previous exchanges with you, are not abiding to your arrogance and it is exactly such attitudes that give all farangs a bad image in Thailand. Cool down a bit dear fellow...life will be smoother!

I can only make the "speculative assumption" that you forgot to take your medicine this morning. 

Its fun just to sit here and read all the angry posts, and all the insults flying around, All the derogatory remarks and accusations. All over a teenager that wiggled her ass and done few bumps and grinds. I often wonder, reading these posts, who the real children are.Jai yen yen boys.

6 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

I can only make the "speculative assumption" that you forgot to take your medicine this morning. 

what can I respond to this!?...maybe you are aware what you are talking about? :cheesy:...but you still are quite rude in your posts!

Edited by observer90210

8 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

"obviously the ladyboys, hookers or others may not give a hoot on what others think!!." Does that ring a bell?  As for getting worked up, I'm not. I'm just bemused by your temper tantrum over something not even related to the thread.  As in, why all the fuss over a twerk? Don't worry, you could never possibly bruise my "farang ego".

looks like the ego has already been bruised!! ..and not from my humble person I fully agree, my dear fellow!

statement about ladyboys and hookers okay, that's what I wrote, but at what point did you read  it was aimed on you as you barked back???