Now have to show funds Savannakhet?

Hi all. Mate got back from Savannakhet yesterday and reckons was asked to show 200000 baht in a bank book for his non O multiple entry visa. He said plenty were getting knocked back for not being able to show funds. Got my missus to ring them up though and there was no mention over the phone about showing any. Anyone been there in the last few days who could confirm or deny? Or is he just taking the piss?

Edited by starky

I have seen no other reports of it happening on this forum. There was a post of somebody posting it was needed on facebook.

Perhaps they added a zero to 20,000 baht that they have been wanting for tourist visas.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen no other reports of it happening on this forum. There was a post of somebody posting it was needed on facebook.

Perhaps they added a zero to 20,000 baht that they have been wanting for tourist visas.

So is THIS Just BS,Joe ??

That doesn't make sense.

If they were asking for proof of funds for a Non Imm O ME Visa, one would assume it was based on marriage or dependant of Thai child and the requirement would be 400,000 BHT.

Like Joe I haven't heard any reports stating funds are now required.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That doesn't make sense.

If they were asking for proof of funds for a Non Imm O ME Visa, one would assume it was based on marriage or dependant of Thai child and the requirement would be 400,000 BHT.

Like Joe I haven't heard any reports stating funds are now required.

Yeah smelt a bit fishy to me to. Im calling bs on this one but thought I would ask. Cheers.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Joe, Just got a message from a Friend of mine, He reckons this is now true,You DO Have to show Funds of 200k in Bank, Can you Confirm,Please 

Just now, Nong Khai Man said:

Joe, Just got a message from a Friend of mine, He reckons this is now true,You DO Have to show Funds of 200k in Bank, Can you Confirm,Please 

There are no first hand reports of it yet. There have been no confirmed reports of it yet.

Multiple -O Visa based on Marriage ,no funds required ,as of 12 th last week when i was there..Its now well known that B20,000 is required for showing in your Bank book for a Tourist visa at Savannakhet .

Post from a expats in Isaan Facebook group.

"Be advised, the multi non "O" visa rules at Savannakhet have changed. You now need to show your bank book, with a minimum of 200 Grand. I was lucky I had mine with me. Several gents in front did not and were refused. 20/6/2017."

I would call it a confirmed report.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Must be someone there now who did thevprocess today to confirm 200k seems suspect i expect its about tourist visas and a nought or two have been added by mistake. Also if this is the case sirley there would have been prior notice from the consulate.

Edited by jeab1980
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

And you've got 12 months to save for a bullet proof vest for next year :smile:

No 17 months .12 plus 3 plus 2 .I can not be bothered to explain .Hopefully my finances will be better by then ;-)

Excuse my bad english. In line with this but little different problem. I no have 200000 baht, but I have a pension of about 30000 baht a mounth. In one year 390.000 (for some reason is correct), please, do you know what happened? Thank you.

11 minutes ago, jabsjabs said:

I am in savannakhet right now for non o visa. Went to Thai embassy/consulate today 9am.  There was about 6-8 other guys getting non o marriage visa in the small line up. 

Not one single mention or word to any of us today. Each person in front of me (and including me) walked up, gave the required copies and money and got our slips to pick up tomorrow. 

The other people i saw having troubles and asking for bank slips were the LAOS nationals. 2 of them need bank slips for the last  6 months. There was 3 Indian guys in the front too that left with all their papers. Dunno what went on or what visa they were going for but didn't seem like non o marriage visa kind of guys. 

Great report; is it possible that the reports on the Isaan FB forum are bogus?

19 minutes ago, kanook said:

Great report; is it possible that the reports on the Isaan FB forum are bogus?

Yes exellent report my guess is confusion with tourist visas and a couple of noughts added on funds needed showing

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

And you've got 12 months to save for a bullet proof vest for next year

I am sure they would accept proof of income to meet the requirement as well as money in the bank or a mixture of the 2.

I also assume it will be like other locations that allow the money to be in any bank not only a Thai bank.

I just want to understand if that guy that claims of this 200k was applying for a non O based on marriage, for a non O for retirement or for a non O long stay... Different visas different rules, we just need somebody to go over there and do it properly...

This is an acceptable signature (hopefully)

8 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

I just want to understand if that guy that claims of this 200k was applying for a non O based on marriage, for a non O for retirement or for a non O long stay... Different visas different rules, we just need somebody to go over there and do it properly...

Which guy?

A non-o for retirement requires 800k baht. A OA visa can only be applied for in your home country so that was certainly what they were applying for.

Which guy?
A non-o for retirement requires 800k baht. A OA visa can only be applied for in your home country so that was certainly what they were applying for.

So JabsJabs is applying for what (along with some other people)? He says that yesterday morning nobody was asked of any fund or bank statement... As you saying this 200.000 are coming out from nowhere as the requirements are different...