Now have to show funds Savannakhet?

10 hours ago, jabsjabs said:

I am in savannakhet right now for non o visa. Went to Thai embassy/consulate today 9am.  There was about 6-8 other guys getting non o marriage visa in the small line up. 

Not one single mention or word to any of us today. Each person in front of me (and including me) walked up, gave the required copies and money and got our slips to pick up tomorrow. 

The other people i saw having troubles and asking for bank slips were the LAOS nationals. 2 of them need bank slips for the last  6 months. There was 3 Indian guys in the front too that left with all their papers. Dunno what went on or what visa they were going for but didn't seem like non o marriage visa kind of guys. 

Were you applying for a single or multiple entry visa?

The Laotians were apply for tourist visas (perhaps multiple entry ones). Indians cannot apply for visas anywhere but in India or a country where they have legal residency so that is why they were turned away.

16 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

So JabsJabs is applying for what (along with some other people)? He says that yesterday morning nobody was asked of any fund or bank statement... As you saying this 200.000 are coming out from nowhere as the requirements are different...

No sure what he was applying for.

A embassy or consulate can set their own requirements to get visas. Others have asked for the 200k baht to get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

1 minute ago, jabsjabs said:

I applied for a single entry non o for marriage. I did not apply for multiple. Other guys i saw were paying the same 2000 baht from what I could see. Maybe this unknown 200k in bank is for multiple entry?

The 200k baht is only for a multiple entry non-o visa.

The post from a Facebook group I posted clearly stated a multiple entry non-o visa.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 200k baht is only for a multiple entry non-o visa.

The post from a Facebook group I posted clearly stated a multiple entry non-o visa.

If this turns out to be policy (not surprising, really), I look forward to news that the income stat-dec from an Embassy of over 40K/mo will also be accepted.

Just now, JackThompson said:

If this turns out to be policy (not surprising, really), I look forward to news that the income stat-dec from an Embassy of over 40K/mo will also be accepted.

I don't think it would have to show 40k baht income. They have halved the 400k baht requirement so I would expect it to be the same for income. The income might not even have to be proved by an embassy doucment.

2 hours ago, MekkOne said:

I just want to understand if that guy that claims of this 200k was applying for a non O based on marriage, for a non O for retirement or for a non O long stay... Different visas different rules, we just need somebody to go over there and do it properly...

This is an acceptable signature (hopefully)

Read the thread theres a guy who did non o marriage yesterday no funds needed

3 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Read the thread theres a guy who did non o marriage yesterday no funds needed

He obtained a single entry Non Imm O.

The funds requirement was for a multi entry Non Imm O Visa.

28 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

He obtained a single entry Non Imm O.

The funds requirement was for a multi entry Non Imm O Visa.

If they were asking for funds for multy enty i would has it a gusee they would require funds shown for single wntry non o marriage based as well.

6 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

If they were asking for funds for multy enty i would has it a gusee they would require funds shown for single wntry non o marriage based as well.

Why would you guess that.

A person got a single non-o entry yesterday with no financial proof.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why would you guess that.

A person got a single non-o entry yesterday with no financial proof.

Yes my point exactly if getting a single entry with no proof then why would they require proof for multi

Edited by jeab1980

Just now, jeab1980 said:

Yes my point exactly if getting a single entry with no proof then why would tgey require proof for multi

Because there is a big difference between the 2 visas.

Only one 90 day entry verses a year of them.

Also they may assume a person getting a single entry is applying for a one year extension.

• Like 1

Just contacted the agent in front of the Embassy via Line, he confirmed me that NO BANK BOOK IS NEEDED for a non O multiple entry visa based on marriage.

Quoting myself since somebody didn't follow all the discussion.... So what?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have income you could prove. I would guess an annual income of at least 200k baht would be accepted.

NO I Don't Joe, Living on A Very REDUCED State Pension,But WE ARE Surviving.....Looks Like I'm F*****

And The Exchange Rate is NOT Helping !!!

Edited by Nong Khai Man

5 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Yes my point exactly if getting a single entry with no proof then why would they require proof for multi

There are different criteria's for either Visas.

Many whether married or not, but intend to apply for an extension based on either marriage or retirement only require a single entry Non Imm O.

The Consulate will not issue multi entry Non O Visas to single unattached applicants, they must be married to a Thai or supporting a Thai child.

There are different criteria's for either Visas.  

Many whether married or not, but intend to apply for an extension based on either marriage or retirement only require a single entry Non Imm O.

The Consulate will not issue multi entry Non O Visas to single unattached applicants, they must be married to a Thai or supporting a Thai child.

This is absolutely incorrect, the Sawannakhet consulate will release multiple entry O visa ONLY based on Marriage with a Thai citizen, for children they will ONLY release a single entry. The financial proof is IMHO an invention as I was in contact a couple of hours ago with the agent in front of the embassy that confirmed that no financial proof is needed for the multiple entry non O visa based on Marriage, stop making confusion please.

IMG_0122.JPG

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

Just contacted the agent in front of the Embassy via Line, he confirmed me that NO BANK BOOK IS NEEDED for a non O multiple entry visa based on marriage.

That may not have been the question to ask as proof of funds could be shown in a manner of ways.

The question should have been are those applying for the ME Non Imm O being asked to provide 200,000 BHT as proof of funds.

• Like 2

That may not have been the question to ask as proof of funds could be shown in a manner of ways.

The question should have been are those applying for the ME Non Imm O being asked to provide 200,000 BHT as proof of funds.

You just making terrorism over whisper... There is a person that just post on this topic that is going over there soon, we will wait and see what's happen, I think my information are coming from a good and informed person.
  • Like 1

A lot of confusion. Hopefully people who applied yesterday can post today what they received. Sigh. I fly out Sunday. I won't be able to report until Tuesday.

Please do it, keep us updated.

5 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

You just making terrorism over whisper... There is a person that just post on this topic that is going over there soon, we will wait and see what's happen, I think my information are coming from a good and informed person.

No I'm not, I was questioning the wording of your question.

Thais will often give a direct answer to a direct question.

I once asked a Thai if they knew where the BKK bank was, they replied 'Yes', before walking off.

I do agree that we shouldn't jump to conclusions over one Facebook report and wait for confirmation from Thai Visa member who are applying for the Non Imm O ME over the next few days.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

This is absolutely incorrect, the Sawannakhet consulate will release multiple entry O visa ONLY based on Marriage with a Thai citizen, for children they will ONLY release a single entry. The financial proof is IMHO an invention as I was in contact a couple of hours ago with the agent in front of the embassy that confirmed that no financial proof is needed for the multiple entry non O visa based on Marriage, stop making confusion please.

Type O Non (if your spouse or parent with children International is Thailand people.)

http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate-service/inspect/ 

I'll tell my mate they've been issuing him the wrong Visa for the last 6 years then.

Type O Non (if your spouse or parent with children International is Thailand people.)
http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate-service/inspect/ 

I'll tell my mate they've been issuing him the wrong Visa for the last 6 years then.

Look I'm already tired, none of the visa in the list you post here are MULTIPLE ENTRY, price is 2.000 THB and this are for a SINGLE ENTRY... I think a lot of people in here can confirm that you cannot have a multiple entry visa based on parenting or de facto marriage from Sawannakhet. Have a nice day.

Let's face it folks. So far we have had 60 posts, most of them speculative, based on what is nothing more than hearsay. And that hearsay does not even specify what type of visa the applicant applied for.

I plan to go to Savannakhet myself this year for a multi-entry based on marriage, so I am following this thread closely.

So please, for everyone's sake, can we have information based on fact. Not hearsay and rumour.

I'm sure that there are plenty of members who would appreciate that.

45 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

Quoting myself since somebody didn't follow all the discussion.... So what?

>>

>>Just contacted the agent in front of the Embassy via Line, he confirmed me that NO BANK BOOK IS NEEDED for a non O multiple entry visa based on marriage.<<

Is this agent Thai ,and employed by the Thai Consulate ? If not it does not prove anything .We wait again from a first hand report from somebody who is doing a M-O MULTIPLE based on marriage to a Thai .

• Like 1