Now have to show funds Savannakhet?

6 minutes ago, kanook said:

I understood the conversation between jabsjabs and the Consulate employee.    "He repeated, marriage non o multiple show funds?    Mi dawng cup (translation: no need, krap).

I would have probably wrote it like this Mai dtawng, krab, but no big deal, I think many understood.  The Consular employee answered the query in Thai that there is 'no need to show funds'.

Thank you - understand now....

Glegolo

49 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

In My email to them i mentioned no particular country, just asked the question about non o based on marriage and showing of funds. The answer as you can see indicates no funds.

So no grey area

Thanks that would seem to clear things up then .Not sure how this got started in the first place .

14 minutes ago, anto said:

Thanks that would seem to clear things up then .Not sure how this got started in the first place .

More than likley a misheard conversation puttin 2 and 2 together and getting 10

Is this a requirement for the Non-O based on marriage? If so, would a letter from the embassy guaranteeing that you have more than 65,000 Baht coming in every month carry any weight? How about a joint bank account with your Thai wife that has more than a million baht in it? I don't know why, but joint accounts don't seem to work with Thai immigration. 

1 minute ago, khaepmu said:

Is this a requirement for the Non-O based on marriage? If so, would a letter from the embassy guaranteeing that you have more than 65,000 Baht coming in every month carry any weight? How about a joint bank account with your Thai wife that has more than a million baht in it? I don't know why, but joint accounts don't seem to work with Thai immigration. 

All sorted not a requirement

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bangkokairportlink said:

I just come back from Savanakhet and had to show a book bank with 200000 at least.

I have USA passport.

For Gods sake, plse do not leave is with more questions??? What VISA did you apply for?

Glegolo

Just now, MekkOne said:

And also, put a photo of the visa please...

Heard the same today. None-O-ME for a year needs to show 200k in a Thai Bank a/c account according to Thai consulate in Savannaket. Single entry no financial proof.

Edited by MobileContent

Heard the same today. None-O-ME for a year needs to show 200k in a Thai Bank a/c account according to Thai consulate in Savannaket. Single entry no financial proof.

We heard it yesterday so you're a bit late...
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

We heard it yesterday so you're a bit late...

I did heard it yesterday too on Thaivisa as I got it on my News Feed. Today I talked to the consulate directly and also had a chat with Mukdahan and Sakon Nakhon immigration that said that ME-O in Savannaket will be phased out and soon will follow Thai Embassy regulation from Vientiane. Extension of Stay with 400k or otherwise it is a single entry.

Edited by MobileContent
  • Like 1

I did heard it yesterday too on Thaivisa as I got it on my News Feed. Today I talked to the consulate directly and also had a chat with Mukdahan and Sakon Nakhon immigration that said that ME-O in Savannaket will be phased out and soon will follow Thai Embassy regulation from Vientiane. Extension of Stay with 400k or otherwise it is a single entry.

So Hanoi next time.

All this rubbish ill just go with the email i recived yesterday from the consulate NO funds needed. If someone has got a multi entry o visa based on marriage and can say that today they had to show 200k in bank please post. Not i got a visa and had to show 200k means nothing

On 6/21/2017 at 11:53 AM, Moonlover said:

Let's face it folks. So far we have had 60 posts, most of them speculative, based on what is nothing more than hearsay. And that hearsay does not even specify what type of visa the applicant applied for.

I plan to go to Savannakhet myself this year for a multi-entry based on marriage, so I am following this thread closely.

So please, for everyone's sake, can we have information based on fact. Not hearsay and rumour.

I'm sure that there are plenty of members who would appreciate that.

I would say its hearsay

Retrieved my passport from Savanahket Thai Embassy along with 2 others (that I met ) at 2pm with ME Marriage Visas on the Friday the 16 th of June, only needing ( I think ) 4 documents & of we went in the same Tuk Tuk 

& that's fact as we had a drink or 2 across the road the previous day when we applied 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MobileContent said:

Any idea what time frame they are talking about ?

8 minutes ago, hathairat2711 said:

Simply Hearsay.

Until you hear anything 'OFFICIAL', no funds are required to obtain a multi non-immigrant O visa from Savannakhet.

This thread did make me laugh.

Enjoy.

Oke, but how do you explain this post then ? :wai:

On 21/06/2017 at 2:38 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Well just more confusion.

We've just got off the phone with the consulate in Savannakhet who could only confirm that UK nationals do not need to show 200,000 THB when applying for Non O.

However, the officer told us that they are asking for the requirement from some nationalities but said they could not specify which nationalities over the phone.

I'm expecting a call back from the consulate this afternoon to try and get more clarity. I'll update here as soon as I hear anything. 

Edit - typo fixed updated to Non O

Possible that several incidents of marriage fraud have something to do with the apparent confusion at the consulate.  May explain why jabsjabs and Jeab1980 were told 'no funds needed', but admin Jonathan Fairfield was told certain nationalities needed to show funds.  

11 hours ago, anto said:

I just got 17 months on the 12th ,12 plus 3 plus 2 .in reality . I f next time i need and Savannakhet goes strict i will just heat to Saigon .Or leave Thailand .

Good news. I understand the 12+3 bit, but what's the 'plus 2' bit? I'm going going there myself this year.