Now have to show funds Savannakhet?

11 minutes ago, transam said:

And your Mrs must go with you for the 60.....

Last year at CM immigration I was able to get a 60 day extension without my wife present, but she did talk to them a few days prior.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When they say visas in that article I am certain they mean extensions of stay.

I would guess most of those individuals would not be able to apply for a non-o visa at any nearby location since they are on the list of countries that can only apply for visas in their home country.

This list says tourist visas but it is really for all visas. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/RestrictedCountries2013.pdf

Thanks Joe, my mind is on overdrive trying to figure out why there was a report of funds needed on the Isaan FB group.

Edited by kanook

12 minutes ago, kanook said:

Thanks Joe, my mind is on overdrive trying to figure out why there was a report of funds needed on the Isaan FB group.

That one appeared to be valid info.

Also another one posted in this topic that people discounted because he did state which visa. I am sure it a multiple entry non-o also since he mentioned the same 200k baht.

My question for them is was it the first application for one or the 2nd or greater.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That one appeared to be valid info.

Also another one posted in this topic that people discounted because he did state which visa. I am sure it a multiple entry non-o also since he mentioned the same 200k baht.

My question for them is was it the first application for one or the 2nd or greater.

That's a valid point Joe, although didn't the Consulate suggest it depended on nationality as well.

Not applicable to UK nations, but applicable to other unnamed nationalities.

I think so far US and Dutch nationals have reported the requirement to show proof of funds.

I think Johnathan probably has the best chance of getting answers to the question, so we should wait for confirmation.

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That's a valid point Joe, although didn't the Consulate suggest it depended on nationality as well.

Not applicable to UK nations, but applicable to other unnamed nationalities.

I think so far US and Dutch nationals have reported the requirement to show proof of funds.

I think Johnathan probably has the best chance of getting answers to the question, so we should wait for confirmation.

I when sending my email to them stated no nationality in it. I asked the question do you require funds of 200k to be shown now for a non o  multi entry visa based on Marriage. Or is everything still the same. Reply as posted on here was unequivocally NO funds not needed.

Edited by jeab1980
  • Like 1

Related perhaps, my US Embassy notarized affadavit of income was refused at Jomtien this week. I have to travel back to Bkk and get it stamped at the Thai foreign affairs office. Or I can pay 16,000 baht to the back office IO and will receive a 15 month VIP visa without that hastle. Still need to provide my landlord's entire CV for proof of residence, which is also all new from the last time I got a non "O" visa.

2 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Related perhaps, my US Embassy notarized affadavit of income was refused at Jomtien this week. I have to travel back to Bkk and get it stamped at the Thai foreign affairs office. Or I can pay 16,000 baht to the back office IO and will receive a 15 month VIP visa without that hastle. Still need to provide my landlord's entire CV for proof of residence, which is also all new from the last time I got a non "O" visa.

Wouldnt be a woman in back office desk to right by window would it?

4 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

I when sending my email to them stated no nationality in it. I asked the question do you require funds of 200k to be shown now for a non o visa based on Marriage. Or is everything still the same. Reply as posted on here was unequivocally NO funds not needed.

Wow. Might be a good idea for me to email them re: their requirements for non "O" based on retirement.

21st century? :sleepy:

7 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Wouldnt be a woman in back office desk to right by window would it?

Um, yeah, as a matter of fact.

???

Also got a bit of "You vill do as I say and not ask qvestions", it seemed. With a smile of course.

Edited by Bill Miller

9 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Wow. Might be a good idea for me to email them re: their requirements for non "O" based on retirement.

21st century? :sleepy:

Income affidavit may be enough. But mixed reports on that. One person was also asked to show money in the bank but no specific amount was mentioned.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MobileContent said:

I did heard it yesterday too on Thaivisa as I got it on my News Feed. Today I talked to the consulate directly and also had a chat with Mukdahan and Sakon Nakhon immigration that said that ME-O in Savannaket will be phased out and soon will follow Thai Embassy regulation from Vientiane. Extension of Stay with 400k or otherwise it is a single entry.

So, having rubbed one 'hearsay rumour' off the blackboard, is this another one about to kick off?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Retirement or Marriage Non-O?  I assume this is for a conversion to Non-O from TR or similar?  And the "15 months" is the conversion Non-O 90-days plus the 1-year extension?

Edited by JackThompson

7 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

OMG!! What is this really? VIP-VISA pay 16.000 baht??? What are you guys up to down there in the swamp Jomtien/Pattaya....

What is a VIP-VISA never heard about it before.. Thanks for clarifying..

Glegolo

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, glegolo said:

OMG!! What is this really? VIP-VISA pay 16.000 baht??? What are you guys up to down there in the swamp Jomtien/Pattaya....

What is a VIP-VISA never heard about it before.. Thanks for clarifying..

Glegolo

"VIP" is just them doing the Conversion and Extension all in one-package at a rate a bit less than the "Agents" charge for the same thing.  I think we all know where some of that "agent money" goes. 

This problem has been reported before to do conversions at Jomtien.  I was hoping this bit of corruption would be cleaned-up soon (as have some of their other shorter-lived scams), so I could avoid a trip out for a Non-O, but appears not.  

I could have dealt with one more thing to the MFA, as I have to go back there anyway for a "new requirement" by many amphoes for a translated and certified passport-page to be allowed to marry.  But the request for landlord-info is the kicker - clearly this character will hit you again and again with "new requirements" until you give up - as this fellow eventually did:

... and as I may be dealing with this office for extensions, I'm not about to rock-the-boat and complain.  The good news is, this character is NOT the one who handles extensions - so it's just conversions that are in the sewer.

• Like 1

"VIP" is just them doing the Conversion and Extension all in one-package at a rate a bit less than the "Agents" charge for the same thing.  I think we all know where some of that "agent money" goes. 

This problem has been reported before to do conversions at Jomtien.  I was hoping this bit of corruption would be cleaned-up soon (as have some of their other shorter-lived scams), so I could avoid a trip out for a Non-O, but appears not.  

I could have dealt with one more thing to the MFA, as I have to go back there anyway for a "new requirement" by many amphoes for a translated and certified passport-page to be allowed to marry.  But the request for landlord-info is the kicker - clearly this character will hit you again and again with "new requirements" until you give up - as this fellow eventually did:
... and as I may be dealing with this office for extensions, I'm not about to rock-the-boat and complain.  The good news is, this character is NOT the one who handles extensions - so it's just conversions that are in the sewer.

It's basically for people who don't have the right documents or to thick to do it themselves 1900 baht or 16000 you choose
  • Like 1

To thick !!!? To call people  thick is a bit ott. Or perhaps cant get the right documents from the landlord. There are a good few who refuse point blank to give you copies of house book and ID card. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

I never understood why some Thai consulates Play by their own rules

very different rules

Yes Hull in the UK used to be easy but now everything must go through London .

10 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

It's basically for people who don't have the right documents or to thick to do it themselves 1900 baht or 16000 you choose

I know what you mean - but that seems not to be the case here.  Note this is for a conversion to a 90-Day Non-O (which should be 2000 Baht, and can then be extended), plus the 1-yr extension (1900 Baht).  Based on others' experiences, it seems to be about no one having the 'right documents' until they give up and pay 16K Baht to this lady or make a trip to a Thai consulate. 

I have the printout they give you at the front-desk listing what is needed, which originates from the Immigration Division in Bangkok.  It lists everything that will work just fine at Chang Wattana in Bangkok. This character is collecting 12,100 Baht extra - no receipt - from people who have all the documents which are actually needed, plus some. 

• Like 1