Now have to show funds Savannakhet?

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

is it that the rules are getting more strict in certain areas, and thus are plainly enforced???....

or was this all just another simple attempt to racket for "tea money"???

It was a misunderstanding ,piled upon more misunderstanding .You saw how long it took to get clearance and the truth .  

Just now, bangkokairportlink said:

But somebody had to pay it !

Nobody paid anything. 

A person showed his bank book by mistake thinking it was needed because he read the notice for a multiple entry tourist visa that requires 200k baht in the bank to get the visa.

• Like 2

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Nobody paid anything. 

A person showed his bank book by mistake thinking it was needed because he read the notice for a multiple entry tourist visa that requires 200k baht in the bank to get the visa.

That is most likely what happened and when asked to photograph the notice, that he claimed was posted at the consulate in Savannakhet, he did.  The only problem is that 200K baht was a requirement for those applying for a MULTIPLE ENTRY TOURIST VISA.  When called out on his mistake, instead of admitting he made one, decided to lie, claiming that he accidentally took a photo of the wrong notice and then disappeared from the the ridiculous FB thread that he started.  

19400685_10154438153496401_8213819723434633755_o.jpg

15 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Just got back. NO NEED TO SHOW FUNDS FOR MULTIPLE ENTRY NON O.

I will do a full trip report Tuesday.

Short and sweet: guy looked at my paperwork for NON O based on married to a Thai and Thai son. He took out the real marriage certificate, did not look at the original tabien baan.

Wrote M on the application, M on the receipt and M on some other paper. Done. Out in 5. Did not ask for funds.

Thank you for much needed confirmation/clarification. Seems some have been telling tales for who knows what reasons. 

Edited by docshock13
Amendment

On 22/06/2017 at 7:39 PM, bangkokairportlink said:

I just come back from Savanakhet and had to show a book bank with 200000 at least.

I have USA passport.

14 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

But somebody had to pay it !

Please explain your differing posts?

Just applied for 1 year non immigrant o multiple entry based on marriage today at savannakhet and can reconfirm no funds required and no questions asked. Checked normal docs, pay 5k, reciept and everything big 'm' written on them. Come pick up tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just now, Happy enough said:

Just applied for 1 year non immigrant o multiple entry based on marriage today at savannakhet and can reconfirm no funds required and no questions asked. Checked normal docs, pay 5k, reciept and everything big 'm' written on them. Come pick up tomorrow.

What nationality are you...?

On 6/20/2017 at 1:52 PM, starky said:

Sounds like someone is extracting the urine then thanks all

not necessarily, for a 1 year multiple for child i have been asked to show funds, but not seasoned, 100k -200k usually did the trick.

Just now, HooHaa said:

not necessarily, for a 1 year multiple for child i have been asked to show funds, but not seasoned, 100k -200k usually did the trick.

Perhaps in Penang or elsewhere but not in Savannakhet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, transam said:

What nationality are you...?

British. From some of the previous posts I've read i believe someone has made a mistake on the type of visa. For 1 year Non 'o' multiple based on marriage they still don't require funds. Certainly not for British anyway 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

British. From some of the previous posts I've read i believe someone has made a mistake on the type of visa. For 1 year Non 'o' multiple based on marriage they still don't require funds. Certainly not for British anyway 

I asked because at the beginning of the thread Webfact stated no probs for Brits but they would not reveal others that might....To me that has not been made clear as Webfact would have stated Multi-O to the Sav consulate.....

12 minutes ago, transam said:

I asked because at the beginning of the thread Webfact stated no probs for Brits but they would not reveal others that might....To me that has not been made clear as Webfact would have stated Multi-O to the Sav consulate.....

You need to go to kanooks  post 159  trans to establish what actually happened.

Someone on FB posted 200,000 requirement, the guy was married to a Thai but he applied for the METV, not the ME Non Imm O.

Reports since confirm no funds required for Non Imm O ME based on marriage to a Thai regardless of nationality.

13 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You need to go to kanooks  post 159  trans to establish what actually happened.

Someone on FB posted 200,000 requirement, the guy was married to a Thai but he applied for the METV, not the ME Non Imm O.

Reports since confirm no funds required for Non Imm O ME based on marriage to a Thai regardless of nationality.

I have read everything, but TVF staff asked Sav if Multy-O guys needed to show 200k, they said Brits no but others may and they would not tell who "may"....I am just trying to clear that bit up for readers because l have read nothing about the "others may"..

• Like 1

Close this topic please, is making just useless confusion, nothing is changed in Sawannakhet so there is no need to arguing about. The agent I contact when this post came out said 'business as usual' the reports are saying 'business as usual' I don't understand the reason why this topic still open.

2 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

Close this topic please, is making just useless confusion, nothing is changed in Sawannakhet so there is no need to arguing about. The agent I contact when this post came out said 'business as usual' the reports are saying 'business as usual' I don't understand the reason why this topic still open.

So you are a Brit.....Show me where TVF staff has said ALL nationalities do NOT have to show funds for a Multi-O visa.....?

5 minutes ago, transam said:

I have read everything, but TVF staff asked Sav if Multy-O guys needed to show 200k, they said Brits no but others may and they would not tell who "may"....I am just trying to clear that bit up for readers because l have read nothing about the "others may"..

I understand exactly why your asking, but I think you've got to read between the lines here and take into account the language barriers.

Are funds required for a multi entry Visa..........some nationalities, not all.

Are funds required for a METV..........yes, all nationalities.

Are funds required for an ME non Imm O (married to Thai) .............no, all nationalities.

The confusion arouse around the type of ME Visa being applied for.

So you are a Brit.....Show me where TVF staff has said ALL nationalities do NOT have to show funds for a Multi-O visa.....?

I'm Italian, I'm not worry because the whole thing was a hoaxes. Just relax NOTHING is changed is Sawannakhet.

Please read carefully.....

And so? It was always like this, there is a list of nationalities that can't get a tourist visa if is not in their home country, the same list of nationalities got restrictions on the application of all the other kind of visa.

You are really annoying, keep go on with your paranoia, have fun.

2 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

And so? It was always like this, there is a list of nationalities that can't get a tourist visa if is not in their home country, the same list of nationalities got restrictions on the application of all the other kind of visa.

You are really annoying, keep go on with your paranoia, have fun.

You ain't read the Multi-O bit have you.....Go read again.......No mention of tourist visa....Go read again and come back...........

• Like 1

Theres another thread running about trolling suggest a good few on this one pop of over there. Its about as clear as clear glass, there are no funds needed for anyone, any nationality who last time got a non o multi entry based on marriage  showing no funds at  Savannakhet, will still get a non o multi entry based on marriage showing no funds at Savanakhet. Is that quite clear for everyone.

1 minute ago, jeab1980 said:

Theres another thread running about trolling suggest a good few on this one pop of over there. Its about as clear as clear glass, there are no funds needed for anyone, any nationality who last time got a non o multi entry based on marriage  showing no funds at  Savannakhet, will still get a non o multi entry based on marriage showing no funds at Savanakhet. Is that quite clear for everyone.

I hope I am not being accused of trolling...I am English so have no problem, I just want TVF admin to post that no nationality has a prob with Sav getting a multy-O visa, to me there was a question mark...So far admin has not come back yet...Unless I have missed a post from them...:smile:

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I hope I am not being accused of trolling...I am English so have no problem, I just want TVF admin to post that no nationality has a prob with Sav getting a multy-O visa, to me there was a question mark...So far admin has not come back yet...Unless I have missed a post from them...:smile:

There have been several nationalities mentioned already as getting them.

Plus an email sent to the with the answer that if was not required.

The entire thing seems to be a misunderstanding.

I am satisfied that all nationalities that can get a non-o visa in Savannakhet do not need to show financial proof.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

There have been several nationalities mentioned already as getting them.

Plus an email sent to the with the answer that if was not required.

The entire thing seems to be a misunderstanding.

I am satisfied that all nationalities that can get a non-o visa in Savannakhet do not need to show financial proof.

Thank you Joe..........All nationalities can now relax....:smile:

1 hour ago, transam said:

No one mentioned any one. Why Admin are they supposed to know more than us mere mortals then. As i was us mere mortals that sorted it all out anyway.