Looking for Harley Davidson Engine in Bangkok

Nivek

Hi guys,

I'm looking for HD engine in Bangkok with a complete setup from electricity to carburetor.

Specifically 883, 1200, XLCH, and Shovelhead.

Also looking for Yamaha, Honda, and Triumph engine or complete bike if the price is reasonable.

Green book / title is not needed.

My fellow bikers, can you give me locations or trustworthy lead for me to check ?

I'll be in Bangkok during July 2017.

Thanks a lot, any input is appreciated.

Try to get in touch with OK Easy shop. They are very helpful, probably wont have anything lying around but maybe can help you find items, they make some pretty nice stuff
They only advertise on facebook no web page but they do reply to messages

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

On 6/20/2017 at 0:46 PM, Kwasaki said:

I would try HD m/c clubs in Thailand as a start. :smile:

I have asked some via instagram DM but still have no answer until now. Do you have any suggestion which MC I should contact to ?

Thanks a lot.

On 6/20/2017 at 8:00 PM, Anythingleft? said:

Try to get in touch with OK Easy shop. They are very helpful, probably wont have anything lying around but maybe can help you find items, they make some pretty nice stuff
They only advertise on facebook no web page but they do reply to messages

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hey thanks a lot. I wish they got something that i'm looking for. Thank you for the lead.

Legal Harley-Davidson engines that are for exampled salvaged from a crashed motorcycle are extremely expensive. So if you looking for a way to get some cheap H-D engines you probably look in the wrong country.

Also to export an motorcycle engine that was registered at some time in the past you need a lot of paperwork… some less easy to obtain if you visit Thailand for less than 30 days...

9 hours ago, Nivek said:

I have asked some via instagram DM but still have no answer until now. Do you have any suggestion which MC I should contact to ?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry l don't know of any MC to contact.

There are only Thai HD owners where l live and l don't know them to talk to.

You don't say how long your gonna be here and exactly what you plan to do.

With regards to what Rick-Bkk post ID6 said sounds best to try source a s/h HD in Thailand when you get here,  meanwhile look on the many s/h motorcycle sale sites which you can find on Google.

I would of thought some HD owners on here could help but maybe there on another TV forum. :laugh:

Edited by Kwasaki

3 hours ago, Richard-BKK said:

Legal Harley-Davidson engines that are for exampled salvaged from a crashed motorcycle are extremely expensive. So if you looking for a way to get some cheap H-D engines you probably look in the wrong country.

Also to export an motorcycle engine that was registered at some time in the past you need a lot of paperwork… some less easy to obtain if you visit Thailand for less than 30 days...

Thanks for the input, Richard.

I've seen some people importing with door to door service the no paper engine like SR400 and XS650 from Bangkok.

I don't need a legal engine.

Do you have any idea of where i should look ?

Thanks, really appreciate that.

14 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Sorry l don't know of any MC to contact.

There are only Thai HD owners where l live and l don't know them to talk to.

You don't say how long your gonna be here and exactly what you plan to do.

With regards to what Rick-Bkk post ID6 said sounds best to try source a s/h HD in Thailand when you get here,  meanwhile look on the many s/h motorcycle sale sites which you can find on Google.

I would of thought some HD owners on here could help but maybe there on another TV forum. :laugh:

Official HD shop owner won't tell you anything about this. I have tried.

I'll be in Bangkok for a week in the middle of July or as soon as I got a good lead to get the engine.

Thank you for your and Rich suggestions, which TV forum should i asked ? Since i'm new here and this is the only motorcycle section in this forum.

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Official HD shop owner won't tell you anything about this. I have tried.

I'll be in Bangkok for a week in the middle of July or as soon as I got a good lead to get the engine.

Thank you for your and Rich suggestions,

which TV forum should i asked ?  Since i'm new here and this is the only motorcycle section in this forum.

A Thai HD franchise shops wouldn't help they only want sell new, maybe some may have s/h but they would have a big price tag.

Hope it goes well in Bangkok for you but my concern would you being told it will be easy and someone will ship it for you.

As Rich suggests l agree you will find it hard or impossible to find engines of HD cheap in Thailand. 

Your last part, this forum OK,  sorry l was just having a little dig at HD owners. :laugh:

Edited by Kwasaki