PM asks people not to hate military

snoop1130

PM asks people not to hate military

By The Nation

186276c9ee1d59760e19d03fd929bbb1-sld.jpeg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Wednesday thanked Khon Kaen residents for answering his four questions on elections and governance, with over 10,000 people responding, the most in any province nationwide.

He said that his questions were aimed at sounding out views from the public regarding political matters.

Prayut gave a speech at Khon Kaen University on implementing the government’s Thailand 4.0 policy in the Northeast amid tight security in the auditorium. At the same venue in 2014, shortly after the military coup, a small group of students staged a protest against the power seizure led by Prayut, then the Army chief.

In the latter part of his speech, the prime minister encouraged questions from the audience and suggestions as to what the government should do to solve their problems.

He also asked his audience not to hate the military or the post-coup government. “I would like to be the prime minister for everyone. All of us should help to avoid conflicts,” Prayut said.

“Please do not hate the military. Certainly some soldiers are bad, but there are bad fish in every occupation. In fact, there are more good people than bad ones,” he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30318717

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-6-21

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

“Please do not hate the military. Certainly some soldiers are bad, but there are bad fish in every occupation. In fact, there are more good people than bad ones,” he said.

Well the military has done so much to make themselves loved. Their leaders are such a great example for the population.

Thailand 4.0 sounds like a bad Bruce Willis movie!

So what 4.0 will do is replace the Farang ATM into a Thai ATM. Yeah and pigs fly. "The Thailand 4.0 new model will change the country’s traditional farming to smart farming. Traditional SMEs to smart enterprises, and traditional services to high-value services, under the concept of “less for more” rather than “more for less.”

This will not be achieved without education. Unfortunately education becomes a political tool and under this junta, will not progress. Education empowers both politically and scholastically . 

"In the latter part of his speech, the prime minister encouraged questions from the audience and suggestions as to what the government should do to solve their problems." The state has an obligation to its people. Education is one of the core issues it must undertake. Eventually Mary's 'feed them cake ' attitude won't last long. Yes as said above people get wary of a snake oil salesman.

As to liking the army, what is about to happen that the Thais may not like the army.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Please do not hate the military

They brought about autocracy, coercion, allowed the theft of historical artifacts, very tight visa regulations, clamped down of fun all in the name of bike lanes.  What is not to like ?

9 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Thailand 4.0 sounds like a bad Bruce Willis movie!

So what 4.0 will do is replace the Farang ATM into a Thai ATM. Yeah and pigs fly. "The Thailand 4.0 new model will change the country’s traditional farming to smart farming. Traditional SMEs to smart enterprises, and traditional services to high-value services, under the concept of “less for more” rather than “more for less.”

This will not be achieved without education. Unfortunately education becomes a political tool and under this junta, will not progress. Education empowers both politically and scholastically . 

"In the latter part of his speech, the prime minister encouraged questions from the audience and suggestions as to what the government should do to solve their problems." The state has an obligation to its people. Education is one of the core issues it must undertake. Eventually Mary's 'feed them cake ' attitude won't last long. Yes as said above people get wary of a snake oil salesman.

As to liking the army, what is about to happen that the Thais may not like the army.

Could some one here please explain...

“less for more” rather than “more for less.”

All the hate for the military will vanish if he hold a referendum without coercion for the citizen to chose to accept the new constitution or the 1997 constitution. Follow by confirming an election date this year and then apologize for staging the coup. :smile: 

45 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

I would say a bit bias towards the military when you stack the parliment with Generals !

Look how many generals are in the police force, Lt Gens, Major Gens, and generals themselves. :cheesy:

First he made an attempt to bring happiness back to the people and when that failed he asks people not to hate the military.

He should tell the military that the people are NOT there for them, but that the military is there for the people. 

THAT will make the people happy and the military less hated. 

Legitimate question... is he mentally unstable?
Has he had any psychological issues.. Growing up... members of his family touching... "cough"

It just seems I have seen those patterns in some movies before.. Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal... etc

Edited by thhMan

4 hours ago, mark01 said:

He really should have his own comedy show.

He's a natural. Wasted in politics.

If Thailand had a David Lettermen or John Stewart, there would be no end to the material for a show like that. The only problem is that everyone involved in the show would be taken to attitude adjustment camps and the show taken off the air.  He's got to be - hands down - the biggest political buffoon in the world right now.  He makes the likes of Trump and Mugabi look suave.

Well I gotta admit, I kind of like the guy. He uses force and authority to do things but don't forget one thing: the masses of people are stupid following what everyone is doing. For this reason, I think a "true" democracy is not good for a country. For example, if you want a train rail built, everyone will argue and want shares and try to stall the project - without democracy, the PM can simply say "shut up, we're going ahead with the project now, end of story". It saves millions to taxpayers, get things moving, and improves the country.

When watching the NCPO on TV, we clearly see that he doesn't know how to talk like a politician. And this is good. He focuses on getting things done rather than trying to find out which word will sound politically correct and offend as little people as possible. We have to offend people if we want things done, otherwise everything will stall.

Look which countries on the planet have a fully democratic system, and make a correlation with birth rates, mass immigration, and loss of culture. Pretty easy to answer.

Of course this implies that the leader must know what he is doing - but in this case, I think most of his ideas are good - except the submarine deal.

11 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

Well I gotta admit, I kind of like the guy. He uses force and authority to do things but don't forget one thing: the masses of people are stupid following what everyone is doing. For this reason, I think a "true" democracy is not good for a country. For example, if you want a train rail built, everyone will argue and want shares and try to stall the project - without democracy, the PM can simply say "shut up, we're going ahead with the project now, end of story". It saves millions to taxpayers, get things moving, and improves the country.

When watching the NCPO on TV, we clearly see that he doesn't know how to talk like a politician. And this is good. He focuses on getting things done rather than trying to find out which word will sound politically correct and offend as little people as possible. We have to offend people if we want things done, otherwise everything will stall.

Look which countries on the planet have a fully democratic system, and make a correlation with birth rates, mass immigration, and loss of culture. Pretty easy to answer.

Of course this implies that the leader must know what he is doing - but in this case, I think most of his ideas are good - except the submarine deal.

He writes songs, deploys security forces to count twerks, and is incapable of uttering a single coherent sentence when he opens his mouth. He's an embarrassment.   His only role has been to guarantee that the wealth and status of the Amart (including himself) were not in any way threatened by the recent passing of a certain person, and the succession of a Germanaphope  cycling enthusiast.  A useful idiot for the powers that be.  To call him stupid would be an insult to stupid people.  But the fact is... he's got the guns, and now a load of new armoured vehicles from China parked north 0f the capital for anyone that disagrees.  To "kind of like a guy" who would think nothing of handing you up to 70 years in prison for expressing an opinion is a little disturbing. 

Edited by stephen tracy

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

He writes songs, deploys security forces to count twerks, and is incapable of uttering a single coherent sentence when he opens his mouth. He's an embarrassment.   His only role has been to guarantee that the wealth and status of the Amart (including himself) were not in any way threatened by the recent passing of a certain person, and the succession of a Germanaphope  cycling enthusiast.  A useful idiot for the powers that be.  To call him stupid would be an insult to stupid people.  But the fact is... he's got the guns, and now a load of new armoured vehicles from China parked north 0f the capital for anyone that disagrees.  To "kind of like a guy" who would think nothing of handing you up to 70 years in prison for expressing an opinion is a little disturbing. 

id  "like " this but im  probably  not  allowed to

Edited by kannot

I think the point made that in countries such as mine, Australia, where the military is subordinate to a democratically elected government it is held in high regard.

I remarked recently that I spend half the year in Australia and half in Thailand.  When in Australia I can go years without meeting in public a member of the armed forces.  You never see them except on TV or at remembrance ceremonies.    My Thai friends were astonished; where as in LOS you see them strutting around daily.

If General Prayut is serious about wanting public respect then hand government over to a properly elected representative government of the people's choosing, not his, return with his soldiers to barracks and wait till they are called for.

No more coup's.

The armies of modern countries in democracies serve a vital purpose.  To protect from EXTERNAL aggression.  Military are very good at their one single purpose.  The movement of personnel and equipment quickly and efficiently from one place to another to kill the enemy.  Nothing else.   Nothing !

And no Sir. Thailand is not unique, not special, there are not reasons I don't understand as a foreigner.  That is smoke and mirrors you chaps have been using for years as an excuse.  Be done with it.

The people of Burma, that poor sad walking basket case of a country next door knows what happens if you leave the soldiers in charge.  Thailand does not want sixty years of you.