Mens dress sense

superal

13 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

Adult men don't wear shorts in public, except on the beach.

Don't you ever go to Bangkok or Pattaya? I never wear shorts as I think they are very unattractive in adult men.

When you are tall. slim and goodlooking (well maybe not so much now as I am getting older) you want to take pride in how you look.

13 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Wear shorts all the time

Never wear sox and sandals.  Im either in Flip flop or trainers.

Shirts out all the time

Love pink coloured shirts.

Hair no 3 

Shave when i feel like it or an gently reminded by mrs ie you want boom boom you shave.

Hair in ears no never had that problem

Worry about what others think ! Do I hell up to me.

I am always saying the vast majority of Thai girls do not like facial hair in men.

It cannot be the same for UK girls as most guys are now unshaven, just watch the players in a UK football match.

13 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Would tend not to agree since I have seen it in all the warmer climates around the world.....

Walking length shorts & 3/4 length are acceptable in casual tropical environments.....

Gym/tennis/short shorts/swim trunks = no....Not smart - or good looking away from the gym/pool/tennis courts.....

Last sentence spot on.

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

In town, nice shorts and a button up short sleeved shirt. Trainers with short socks. Hair sexy silver.

At home, worn out shorts, T-shirt, flip flops or work boots if I am in the field (steep hills).

Had a beard a few times in my younger days. Wouldn't dare now, the whole facial hair craze makes me cringe. So many guys looking like tossers.

Other facial hair, ears, nose, Are my wife's responsibility. If they are out on display its her fault.

"Wouldn't dare now, the whole facial hair craze makes me cringe. So many guys looking like tossers?   :thumbsup::clap2::ohmy:

What is wrong with some people. I wear short pants every day here and back home in my country. Nothing wrong with it. Only wear long pants for important events. A nice pair or dress shorts with a shirt with buttons and a collar is quite acceptable. You that don't wear shorts only on the beach stick out like sore thumb with your white chicken legs. 

As far as hair ..mine started turning grey in my late twenties. It runs in.the family. Never dyed it

They call me silver fox back home and still have all my hair.

As far socks and sandals go that is the most hideous look ever. If you want.to wear socks get sneakers or casual shoes.

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Oh and to add a further debating point, i wear shorts shirt and either flip flops or trainers when i go to immigration or any other provincial goverment office. I also wear tem to consulates in other warm countries when getting my visa's.

Will also add in my 8 years of teaching here i wore the staff uniform only when we had a visit from dignitaries or for special days. The rest of the time it was grey shorts normal uniform shirt and jesus sandals no sox

You are allowed to wear shorts in class while teaching :shock1:

I was also a teacher, and one farang teacher I know arrived to teach wearing shorts, and was immediately sent home to change.

and this was up here in the sticks.

24 minutes ago, Mangkhut said:

OMG - this is 2017. Cant a man wear what he wants without being pecked at?

Live and let live...

I believe strongly in live and let live, but nothing wrong with airing your views in a topic like this.

But if I see old shirtless guys in the street or shopping malls, I do tend to have a go at them as they are so

disgusting to look at and have no respect for the Thai people, but I will never have a go at anyone because of their dress sense.

• Like 1

Don't you ever go to Bangkok or Pattaya? I never wear shorts as I think they are very unattractive in adult men.

When you are tall. slim and goodlooking (well maybe not so much now as I am getting older) you want to take pride in how you look.

I take pride in my wife taking pride in me. I am good looking in whatever I wear. Long pants do not automatically make a man good looking or superior except maybe to himself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, timkeen08 said:

I take pride in my wife taking pride in me. I am good looking in whatever I wear. Long pants do not automatically make a man good looking or superior except maybe to himself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I agree with you, you can get a fat bellied, facial haired guy covered in tattoos  wearing long pants, and he will still be very ugly.

You are way too far 'up the ladder' of fashion here for most western men I see.  never mind sox & sandels or shirts in or out.     - i watched a ferang in BKK hotel get help putting his suspenders on - in the lobby.  OK but he had on 3/4 length cameo  green cargo pants, a print red shirt, & a belt.  As I see it, most western men over 60 dress like 6 year old boys without their mom.  Only old know old.  I see paramesium shirts from the 70's, prints & stripes & checks or whatever is left from the 80's.   

.  If it is still serviceable & fits - the ONLY criteria - then it 'works' for men.  I cannot understand metro men as it means 'gay light' or a guy who will fight with his girl to get mirror time to prim & gets upset if his 'outfit' is not coordinated.        age puts it in perspective for most.   sox DO keep your feet clean, and sandles ARE cooler than shoes (temperature).  'Well dressed' is having 1 item - shirt or pants, that is a solid color.  Anything else requires outside help - like a woman over the age of 7.

It amuses me that a number of posters have felt the need to express that they don't care what others think of them and wear what they like, yet at the same time feel the need to express that they don't care on this forum !!!... 

With regards to the op, each to their own... However, my personal rules. 

1) Never socks with Sandles... Ankle socks with Trainers when wearing shorts, or just birkenstocks.

2) Never tuck a shirt in shorts 

3) Horizontal strips ok if slim enough

4) Dying your hair looks as if you are trying too hard (I've been grey since 30 !)

5) Shorts are fine in the city if in a casual place. I wear shorts most of the time these days (knee length). 

6) Facial Hair - no issues - you can have older fashionable hipsters, its about your style.

7) Ear & Nasal Hair - urgh.. trim it !

I see guys that are clearly trying too hard and fail, I see guys who look very comfortable in casual kit. I see scruffy scummy looking guys and guys well over dressed... But, it doesn't really matter at all... The most important thing is a healthy attitude and decent behavior in public... 

• Like 2

Okay, I always wonder... *why* socks with sandals?  I wear sandals to keep my feet cool... socks would defeat the purpose.  If I need the warmth/protection of socks, I wear shoes...  Maybe wearing socks with sandals if the socks are awesome, to show them off, but it doesn't sound like that's the case here...

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I believe strongly in live and let live, but nothing wrong with airing your views in a topic like this.

But if I see old shirtless guys in the street or shopping malls, I do tend to have a go at them as they are so

disgusting to look at and have no respect for the Thai people, but I will never have a go at anyone because of their dress sense.

Shirtless?, I'd rather be skinless than walk around in a Celtic top..?

• Like 1

I wear shorts at home, but long pants when going out. I also wear a long sleeved shirt. I think you stand out a little bit more if you dress slightly formal (which is a good thing), but it is mainly for protection from the sun. If I'm working outside, I always wear long jeans and long sleeved shirt for sun protection.

Well I am a Scot and there are plenty of guys, not ladyboys, in skirts over there.

• Like 1

"Wouldn't dare now, the whole facial hair craze makes me cringe. So many guys looking like tossers?   :thumbsup::clap2::ohmy:

They may think the same about your shavex face shaved tossers

You are allowed to wear shorts in class while teaching :shock1:

I was also a teacher, and one farang teacher I know arrived to teach wearing shorts, and was immediately sent home to change.

and this was up here in the sticks.

Yes was allowed no problem

This shirt hanging out nonsense started around 10 years and was simply fat geezers who could cover their guts up.

Its scruffy, untidy and looks awful especially if you're tall. Only way to conform is to get fitted T shirts which end at jeans top or whatever you're wearing below. That way you dont look out of turn.

I will add just one point......when you see golfers on the tv do they look smart or what with polos and chinos on all tucked in or do they look stupid  ??  Answers not required

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chivas said:

I will add just one point......when you see golfers on the tv do they look smart or what with polos and chinos on all tucked in or do they look stupid  ??  Answers not required

Well your gonna get one,  they look wealthy and still working. :laugh:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chivas said:

This shirt hanging out nonsense started around 10 years and was simply fat geezers who could cover their guts up.

Its scruffy, untidy and looks awful especially if you're tall. Only way to conform is to get fitted T shirts which end at jeans top or whatever you're wearing below. That way you dont look out of turn.

Answers is required:  Stupid.

The rest of your post is if i may say so is drivel. I and many others where wearing shirts out as you call it was wearing shirts like that in the 70's with no beer gut in sight.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well your gonna get one,  they look wealthy and still working. :laugh:

exactly they "look" wealthy !!  years and years ago in pattaya some girl said to the bloke sat beside me in sailor bar "did mother not dress you this morning" I looked and was bit confused and then she started tucking his shirt in....! Oh my god I had to go to the toilet i was cracked up so much

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeab1980 said:

Answers is required:  Stupid.

The rest of your post is if i may say so is drivel. I and many others where wearing shirts out as you call it was wearing shirts like that in the 70's with no beer gut in sight.

Absolutely if you're fit and flat stomachs I'm talking about the gut buckets that have massive polos on that reach down to their knees. Its scruffy as hell...

Death sins are shirts stuffed in the pants and socks with sandals, as well as mixed patters. Top or bottom should be a plain color.

But also consider your glasses if you need, as me. Contacts might make you looking younger and/or more attractive. Shorts, Polo, Trainers and matching shades - that's it for the Resort Town.

Jeans instead of Shorts for BKK. Always good.