Phuket’s Chalong Underpass flamed for slow construction

rooster59

Phuket’s Chalong Underpass flamed for slow construction 

Premkamon Ketsara

1498216431_1-org.jpg

The Chalong Underpass is already being scorned for the slow construction, which is affecting the incomes of people in the Rawai area. Photo: Prawarit Musika

PHUKET: The Mayor of Rawai has opened fire at the already long-delayed construction of the Chalong underpass due to “land expropriation problems”.

The delay is causing huge traffic problems at the busy intersection and causing people to no longer visit the area – a factor that is greatly affecting local businesses, he said.

Civil Engineering Co Ltd is the contractor entrusted to build Chalong Underpass, Mayor Aroon pointed out.

The initial construction contract commenced on July 28, 2015, with a completion date set for September 14, 2017.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-chalong-underpass-flamed-for-slow-construction-62708.php#fGB6Jy9ihDf1PH89.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-06-24

They should give up now before they start digging and find an alternative, either a bigger roundabout or an overpass, both of which should be possible. Of course it won't happen but the construction company, regardless of the land appropriation problems, shouldn't be near this, or any other project on Phuket.

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

They should give up now before they start digging and find an alternative, either a bigger roundabout or an overpass, both of which should be possible. Of course it won't happen but the construction company, regardless of the land appropriation problems, shouldn't be near this, or any other project on Phuket.

I agree with you, but judging from the problems here, which seem to be ownership related, I am really wondering for how much the construction company can be blamed.

43 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I agree with you, but judging from the problems here, which seem to be ownership related, I am really wondering for how much the construction company can be blamed.

I understand what you are saying about the construction company but after the Tesco Underpass debacle this company should never have been awarded the Chalong project. But we all know how companies win jobs in this country and its rarely to do with efficiency or ability!

43 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I don't believe it is the construction companies job to make sure the land for construction is available. Must be the local government or highway department or some other government organization responsible.

4 minutes ago, jobwolf said:

I don't believe it is the construction companies job to make sure the land for construction is available. Must be the local government or highway department or some other government organization responsible.

That's the Thai way .... blame problems on someone else. The truth is Piss Poor Planning.

55 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Just who owns the land that is holding up the process?  Must be really powerful!

Geezer

It is akin to the water tanks on the road to Rawai debacle. Virtually blackmail as they know they hold the upper hand,