PM calls for public cooperation in drive against national security threats

rooster59

PM calls for public cooperation in drive against national security threats

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37S7H8qeo7StjCZ2dtitFSqrEua4PiCzBPL0Bb.png

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha last night called for more participation from the general public in the drive against any potential threats to the nation.

His call followed recent bombings in the capital by perpetrators with ill intentions.

In a televised broadcast last night, he said his government is speeding up national reforms and reducing inequalities in society.

He said that it is necessary for the country to go through national reforms in may aspects, particularly the security, economy, and the society.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-calls-public-cooperation-drive-national-security-threats/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-06-24

1 hour ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Today is one of the most important days in Thai history. Please take time to read the attached link.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017/06/24/read-declaration-heralded-democratic-revolt-85-years-ago-today/

Your link could have been written yesterday as the context is no less relevant today than it was 80 years ago.

And there are still junta supporters!. That is a sad reflection upon all Thai society.

23 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

Your link could have been written yesterday as the context is no less relevant today than it was 80 years ago.

And there are still junta supporters!. That is a sad reflection upon all Thai society.

I can envisage that even some junta members and some of their backers might not be entirely comfortable with 2017 Thailand. However they may feel like they have no choice now but to carry on until the bitter end.

Oh, let me just give a shoutout at this point to the Thaivisa German readership. Great to have you all on board!

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

I can envisage that even some junta members and some of their backers might not be entirely comfortable with 2017 Thailand. However they may feel like they have no choice now but to carry on until the bitter end.

Oh, let me just give a shoutout at this point to the Thaivisa German readership. Great to have you all on board!

If there is one thing the junta and it supporters have succeeded in, it has been keeping the masses education level low, reasoning and ability to determine an outcome based on available facts non existant and distort history to hide their failings and incompetence, whereby they maintain control to manipulate simple minds to believe the military has positive intentions, deserves respect and shouldnt be challenged. Throw in a few superstitions, ghosts, black magic, karma and trees that give out next weeks lottery numbers and you either shake your head, or conclude maybe they receive exactly the government they deserve or are too divided as a country, to stand together and take back what belongs to them.

Divide and conquer is one of history's oldest military tactic.

3 hours ago, Reigntax said:

If there is one thing the junta and it supporters have succeeded in, it has been keeping the masses education level low, reasoning and ability to determine an outcome based on available facts non existant and distort history to hide their failings and incompetence, whereby they maintain control to manipulate simple minds to believe the military has positive intentions, deserves respect and shouldnt be challenged. Throw in a few superstitions, ghosts, black magic, karma and trees that give out next weeks lottery numbers and you either shake your head, or conclude maybe they receive exactly the government they deserve or are too divided as a country, to stand together and take back what belongs to them.

Divide and conquer is one of history's oldest military tactic.

If you raise up a generation but keep them from developing logic or reasoning skills, keep them ignorant of history, control the information they receive; and then make them choose their leadership from people who will say anything to gain power, You can't really say they get the government they deserve.

This is however the very best strategy to keep things from ever changing if you like things just the way they are. The cynic in me feels that this will eventually happen in the west too. Perhaps it is already underway i.e. Neo fuedalism

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha last night called for more participation from the general public in the drive against any potential threats to the nation.

Theats like free will, expression of thoughts and women in skimpy outfits twerking need to be eradicated. 

18 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

The way I see it, he's the only threat to national security. 

2 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

The never-ending psycho-babble of the General Prayuth show

Yes agree pick up yann on the way pm can discuss pelvic thrusts and yann can tell him about punctuation he or she is opssesd with rather than the rights of thais to work , my rants " obviously upset him or she or farang business owner who employs Burmese workers at low rates of pay to maximise there profits , rather than worry about my punctuation and the rights of giving thais a job first. Choc de cup 

18 hours ago, Smarter Than You said:

The recent bombings were not so much a threat to the nation as a threat to the regime, so I guess the support he gets will be about on par with the peoples support for the regime.

The recent bombings were at least not a ploy of the government and false flag operations. Must hurt to know you were so wrong. The bombings were an act of a coward who held a certain political ideology. The same ideology of those bombing the protesters. Seems they like bombing people. 

Lets hope they stop doing stupid stuff like this so there is no need or excuse to delay an election.