28.8 million baht collected from auction of 32 “beautiful” phone numbers

webfact

28.8 million baht collected from auction of 32 “beautiful” phone numbers

2506004.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) earned 28,844,999 baht from an auction of 32 “beautiful” mobile phone numbers on Sunday.

Altogether 168 “beautiful” phone numbers were put on public auction – the second this year – but only 32 numbers were auctioned off. The number which fetched the highest bidding price was 095-999-999 at 4.8 million baht followed by 095-666-6666 and 096-000-0000 which fetched three million baht each.

The phone numbers with six digits of the same number were auctioned off at a starting price of 500,000 baht with number 092-899-9999 fetching the highest bid at 1,004,999 baht.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/28-8-million-baht-collected-auction-32-beautiful-phone-numbers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-06-26

Nice little earner for the NBTC and it's only June time for at least 2 more auctions this year to bleed Hi-sos with more dollars than sense that don't mind wasting a few million on a phone number. Brilliant... Meanwhile up North..

When you're awash with dough and not really not to do with it than you

go out and buy anything to make your friend green and envy,

beautiful plate's numbers, latest smart phones cars in the 10's of millions

to show them once a week drive them up and down Soi Thonglor,

hey, look what I have spent a zillion on this week.....

If you have a lot of money its not unusual to buy things that poorer people simply cannot get their heads around.

Rich Thai people tend to outrage many Farangs just by being rich and Thai, , this extravagance, this show of wealth is bound to bring out the envy in many ThaiVisa members who struggle by on a pittance. :smile:

Actually if I had a few extra million I would have bought one too. I guess none of you complainers read the story last year of a young Thai man that bought a license plate

for multiple millions of baht.

He sold its a week later and almost doubled his money, so these buyers are not all in it for glamour & face. Some are just businessmen, that know how to make money.

How about that Khun T buys a football team for around 88 Million pounds. Sells it eight months later for 150 Million pounds. That's good business.

31 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

Actually if I had a few extra million I would have bought one too. I guess none of you complainers read the story last year of a young Thai man that bought a license plate

for multiple millions of baht.

He sold its a week later and almost doubled his money, so these buyers are not all in it for glamour & face. Some are just businessmen, that know how to make money.

How about that Khun T buys a football team for around 88 Million pounds. Sells it eight months later for 150 Million pounds. That's good business.

Exactly right, but as this is ThaiVisa and the people with the money are Thai.......well. you know the rest.

Many ThaiVisa members seem outraged that Thai people have more money than they do, a fellow Farang they may accept, but a native, it's just adding to the torment and suffering they go through on a daily basis. :)

Edited by Broken Record