Man commits suicide in Bangkok pond

webfact

Man commits suicide in Bangkok pond
By The Nation

f6bdb09428b97622959d3cbb2d56ef82.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- A man fishing at Burachat Chaiyakan Pond in Bangkok’s Makkasan district looked on in horror on Sunday afternoon as another man weighted himself down and waded in to be drowned.

Fisherman Suchart Sukhiphan, 52, immediately called police and a rescue foundation, but it was too late to save the man, identified later as Thanaphat Kaewkor from Phechabun.

Suchart told police he’d seen the man wade into a shallow area of the pond at 4.30pm to retrieve a discarded fertiliser bag and cable. He filled the bags with rocks and tied it to his body with the cable, then walked into the deeper water and disappeared.

On retrieving the body, rescuers also found smaller rocks in his clothing.

Police said Thanaphat worked for a private freight-management firm at Suvarnahbhumi Airport.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30319121

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-26

1 minute ago, Beats56 said:

Actually drowning is fast way to go if that's what you want. Better.than.jumping off a high rise. 

Rip

i think sucking water in a fetid bangkok pond is pretty gross but point taken about skydiving. I think i would prefer the sedative and snooze method if I felt it necessary. However hopefully the poor bloke is at peace now regardless of his methodology.