exchange rate and my pensions.

On 30/06/2017 at 8:44 PM, Kwasaki said:

I don't think about it whatever the baht amount comes to l live to it maybe save some for a new sun hat. :biggrin:

Same here......don' t bother freeting about things I have no control over.

5 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Know the feeling, exchange rate always rises the week after my quarterly payment.

Brexit means I've lost a small fortune  over the past 12 months 

Much better than losing a large fortune.

On 7/2/2017 at 4:49 PM, rogeroc said:

Since Brexit your UK pension wil have devalued almost 15%,  your pesos would only have devalued by 5%. Go to the P'pinnes ! But try not to et kidnapped.

Go to the Philippines? No way, too dangerous

Nonsense, Puerto Galera is just as safe as Phuket, Bohol Island as safe as Samui, Cebu as safe as Chiang Mai. Just because security guards have guns doesn't mean citizens are going around shooting each other. The greatest level of aggression i have experienced in recent years having spent time in Thailand / P'pinnes / Bulgaria / Greece / London is unquestionably Chiang Mai tourist area.

17 hours ago, micmichd said:

They're called reptiloids, you can find them in middle earth. Be careful, they nibble the flesh off your bones.

Not just the flesh off your bones but I heard they will eat your heart if given the chance. ( I also heard of other less pleasant activities they indulge in such as posting on TVF under pseudonyms but I don't want to out them on that just yet......)

18 hours ago, peterb17 said:

If you live in Mayfair- I can't imagine you would have to worry too much? 

My view on the world is- worry about things you have some control over- what to have for dinner- does the dog need to go to the vet- does the lawn need cutting. 

Simple things in life.

The exchange rates- you have no control.

So don't have sleepless nights - just go with the flow ( and I know I too have taken a real hit on my UK pensions )

it just means you have to change from a single malt to Red Label- I hope 

Red Label I use in the paraffin lamps when I can't pay the electricity bill so I can stiil see the single malt.   Priorities.

6 hours ago, overherebc said:

The bas----- are at it already. Mid-rate 44 yesterday, on XE, one pension due on friday so today it's starred its slow slide down.

????

KBank rate Monday Tuesday and today.

Monday   43.71000

Tuesday  43.56875

Today      43,52750

My state pension was paid in the UK today and I will get it on Tuesday morning.

Edited by billd766

On 7/3/2017 at 10:59 PM, rogeroc said:

Nonsense, Puerto Galera is just as safe as Phuket, Bohol Island as safe as Samui, Cebu as safe as Chiang Mai. Just because security guards have guns doesn't mean citizens are going around shooting each other. The greatest level of aggression i have experienced in recent years having spent time in Thailand / P'pinnes / Bulgaria / Greece / London is unquestionably Chiang Mai tourist area.

Agree spent a month on Bohol last year cute girls who all speak good English,not my er reason for going though i wanted to see the natural wonders of course.