Where can I find a very cheap room in Pattaya or cheap hotels?

DavidR1

Hi.

I need to find a dirt cheap room in Pattaya (for 2,000-3,000 baht per month). Before anyone suggests, I've tried asking bar girls and they just call me a cheap Charlie and don't help. I can't find this sort of place online. Does anyone know, where should I look? Anyone know of cheap rooms available?

Also, what are the cheapest hotels in Pattaya? I can only find dirt cheap places in dormitory style. 

I just can't find this type of information on Google. If anyone could help I would really, really appreciate it.

David

If you look back 3 or 4 pages you will see a thread "Where is the cheapest hotel in Pattaya?" started by JohnJay on 19th June. It runs for 4 pages; half of which is a mix of sarcasm and derision; but it has up to date info. Hope it helps.

I would paste you a link if I had an inkling of how to do it on a phone.

18 minutes ago, champers said:

If you look back 3 or 4 pages you will see a thread "Where is the cheapest hotel in Pattaya?" started by JohnJay on 19th June. It runs for 4 pages; half of which is a mix of sarcasm and derision; but it has up to date info. Hope it helps.

I would paste you a link if I had an inkling of how to do it on a phone.

I saw this but it wasn't very helpful. I did search the forum for information . Was hoping someone could point me to rooms available or specific buildings

Try Soi 14 on Naklua Rd. There are decent places around for 4k per month. Plenty of Germans and a few Brits in the area.I can't really be more specific, you will have to spend a few of hours or so looking and asking around.

My "go to bed" remark wasn't directed at you.

Edited by champers

If I ever needed a "dirt cheap room in Pattaya (for 2,000-3,000 baht per month)" I would consider sleeping on the beach. Probably similar in quality except you would get the nice ocean breeze and more space.

I don't get why farangs come here without any money then want to live in a dump but hey, there seems like a lot of them out there.

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Have you tried searching Google for "cheap hotels Pattaya"?

Of course. There's cheap and then there's cheap though. The sort of thing I'm looking for isn't on booking.com

2-3 thousand a month in the center of Pattaya would be hard to find and not very "livable"
unless you like cockroaches no windows and climbing stairs to 3rd or 4th floor.
4-5 thousand a month might find an ok very rudimentary place to stay.
4-5 on the darkside or Jomtien
could find a quite acceptable place.
None of these will be advertised with estate agents or online you have to walk around the back sois looking
notice many shophouses that are 3-5 storeys but only the ground floor is occupied... sometimes the rooms
or whole floor upstairs can be rented.

Here is a place you can try although it might be a little bit more then you want to pay.     It's off-season so maybe  you can negotiate a favorable price.    The Lucky House located on Pattaya 2nd Road, Soi 12.    Tel: 085 003-7817 or 086 822-5050

You could ask someone to write it down in thai and then go around showing it to people like street sweepers, low level security guards and other very poor thais living on a subsistence level. They are the ones who will most likely be able to give you the info that you are looking for, as they would be renting such places.

That is the price of a very basic room in a Thai apartment complex. Forget about it. Even if someone will rent you out a place like that, you would not want to live there. Realistic cheapest places will be basic studios a bit out of town for 5000-6000 baht, or some very basic guesthouse type places around Soi Buakhao for 5000-6000 baht for somewhere a bit more central. If you can't even afford that then it is probably time to book a plane ticket home.

2 hours ago, kevozman1 said:

That is the price of a very basic room in a Thai apartment complex. Forget about it. Even if someone will rent you out a place like that, you would not want to live there. Realistic cheapest places will be basic studios a bit out of town for 5000-6000 baht, or some very basic guesthouse type places around Soi Buakhao for 5000-6000 baht for somewhere a bit more central. If you can't even afford that then it is probably time to book a plane ticket home.

I've lived in one before at 2500 per month, I know what to expect. Dirt and crud on the walls, dirty shower, bathroom barely works, etc, I mean it's livable for me, I haven't had a/c for over a year now. At one point my girlfriend was renting a room down a soi off Walking Street for 3000 baht, that was especially greezy though the building has since been redeveloped.

59 minutes ago, DavidR1 said:

I've lived in one before at 2500 per month, I know what to expect. Dirt and crud on the walls, dirty shower, bathroom barely works, etc, I mean it's livable for me, I haven't had a/c for over a year now. At one point my girlfriend was renting a room down a soi off Walking Street for 3000 baht, that was especially greezy though the building has since been redeveloped.

Are things really that dire that you have to resort to squalor? What's the point of being here if finances are that tight?