The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

2 and counting

Myself, and others, have warned you about posting stuff without any worthwhile content. You have not taken the slightest notice. Now it is time to get tough; to teach you a lesson so to speak!!

You are off my christmas card list for this year.

Just post something worthwhile and I might put you back on BUT if you don't change your ways the others lads might take you off their list's too. It's not too late J1980. Do it!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Myself, and others, have warned you about posting stuff without any worthwhile content. You have not taken the slightest notice. Now it is time to get tough; to teach you a lesson so to speak!!

You are off my christmas card list for this year.

Just post something worthwhile and I might put you back on BUT if you don't change your ways the others lads might take you off their list's too. It's not too late J1980. Do it!!

:passifier: so upset. Teach me a lesson lol:spamsign:

If you think i care you are very much mistaken. I have posted several worthwhile post on this particular off topic thread. But it does not conform to your and others thinking, so will always be dismissed by the mutual back slapping society. I dont need in any way to justify myself to you or others. Your continual jibes in my direction are like water off a ducks back. But it pleases you to in some way to  feel as though you are superior, or you may even belive satirical in your response. IMHO you are neither superior or satirical just very sad. So to quote others of you go and find yourself a new (thread) play ground.

Ps im Buddhist so dont belive or follow Christmas.

Edited by jeab1980

20 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

You don't talk like a Buddhist.

Stop insulting Buddhism.

Oh wait! You mean "Thai buddhism".

I get it now - but my first 2 lines still stand.

You can here me talk wow you must be  a warlock. 

Ps are you one with two identities or do you like answering for others! You naughty BOY.

As for Buddhism i suspect you have little to no idea. But i have no doubt you will profess to be an expert as you always do. 

So as i belive you are a doppelganger i will now ignore you and your alter ego. Which looking back i should have done months ago.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Thanks for those posts. You have some excellent criticisms and  ideas that I wholeheartedly agree with.

Trouble is nobody is listening as you say. Ho hum.

Fairy Liquid "shampoo" every 3 days or so and a trim once every 2-3 months kept the hair okay. I cut it into a sort of "Rod Stewart" for my first real full time job in '74. I experimented with facial hair after that, but until I was about 30 always had a bald spot that had stopped me growing a Mexican mustache or good beard, but side burns were never a problem. They got me in the pubs at 15.

Still got some on my head, bit of a comb over at the back and all white now. Tweezers sort out the rest... Ouch!

Ha ha!

Cheers,

G :thumbsup:

I never had much time for Obama, but at the least he made it cool to sport a #1 all over trim, which I have. Since I bought a hair clipper years ago, I've never had to pay someone just to cut a little bit of hair. Saved loads. 

:smile:

Isn't it funny how many of us spend 4 or 8 years loathing or loving a US president ( even if we ain't American ) only to completely forget about them once they are gone, unless something brings them to mind. LOL.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

What makes me laugh is you harp on about free speach and the right for everyone to talk about/write about things topics/ discussions. Then in the same post its mentioned "now go and find another playground" or "if you have nothing to add".

Even stooping to personal attacks.

So when you posters and you know who you are speak of free speach or freedom to write how one feels. What you really mean is yes those two things are important but not on threads im disscussing things in.

What it amounts to is a form of  online bullying (no I dont feel bullied at all to thick skinned to allow then there little pleasures.) I feel Pity for them having to resort to that tactic to try and justify what they percive as there dominance within that thread.

I remarked i belive the actual thread the real one (before it was taken over and moved as they saw fot into other realms). To be nothirng worth reading or words to that effect. I fully stand by my appraisal of the actual topic of the thread. The rest of it is as far as i can see nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

You just said

QUOTE: "To be nothirng worth reading or words to that effect."

Not true.

You said "drivel".

A fine choice of words.

Don't rewrite history...

There you go just for you means one and the same Drivel not worth reading.

drivel
ˈdrɪv(ə)l/
noun
  1. 1.
    nonsense.
    "don't talk such drivel!"
    synonyms: nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo; More

verb
  1. 1.
    talk nonsense.
    "he was drivelling on about the glory days"
    synonyms:

talk nonsense, talk rubbish, babble, ramble, gibber, burble, blather, blether, prate, prattle, gabble, chatter, twitter, maunder; 

But thank you for convincingly proving my post so quickly 

I,for one, have followed this thread with great interest for weeks, many of the posts have been both moving and very informative.

It is sad that there appear to be vindictive efforts to derail the thread and turn it into a shouting match.

It would be great if irrelevant posts could be deleted, a huge job I am sure, so that now and in the future

the posts could be read in a manageable format.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, strikingsunset said:

I,for one, have followed this thread with great interest for weeks, many of the posts have been both moving and very informative.

It is sad that there appear to be vindictive efforts to derail the thread and turn it into a shouting match.

It would be great if irrelevant posts could be deleted, a huge job I am sure, so that now and in the future

the posts could be read in a manageable format.

Shut it and start another? 

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes,Wise Old Owl,I have to admit my mistakes.

I played fast and loose with my health like a flippin' kamikaze.

Now I have to OWN all that stuff,work through the lot and never jeopardize my health or fortune again the way that I did over there.

A tough road ahead,many challenges to face..many thanks to the contributors on this thread who were insightful,helpful and supportive.

Not bad for a bunch of foreigners  from many different countries who probably have never met,or possibly never will meet,the other contributors.

Ody.

You're not alone on the health front. All my life I've known people that abuse alcohol, smoke despite knowing it is bad ( we called them cancer sticks in the 70s ), and eat far too much bad food. Every time I see anything to do with the USA, I'm astounded by the number of obese people- not just a bit overweight, grossly obese. Even in Thailand, fatties are no longer uncommon.

I think people just don't think about it till it's too late.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You're not alone on the health front. All my life I've known people that abuse alcohol, smoke despite knowing it is bad ( we called them cancer sticks in the 70s ), and eat far too much bad food. Every time I see anything to do with the USA, I'm astounded by the number of obese people- not just a bit overweight, grossly obese. Even in Thailand, fatties are no longer uncommon.

I think people just don't think about it till it's too late.

I think many don't care and just want to make the best of it while they are here. A lot of eating and drinking is emotional. I know if I feel down I go pop open a bottle nice wine and some cheese and think '<deleted> it'.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Me too Ody.

I am extremely fortunate that my health (touch wood) is good. And what right have I got to complain anyway? I'm 70 this year and some friends of yesteryear are no longer about.

I've had my highs and lows; but right now I'm in Thailand's north east just trying to spread a little happiness. It can be testing in LOS but I'm giving it a go.

Good luck and best wishes Ody.

Owl and Thaibeachlovers,

The fact is that I carried the seeds of my own near destruction-in terms of my physical health- to Thailand as early as 2011.

I should have merely visited at times, enjoyed myself, and returned to my home country.

Instead I chose to take one long walk on the wildside without fully appreciating the substantial physical and economic risks involved.Killing oneself in pursuit of a fantasy should not have been on the agenda.

Therefore I have to own the problem.It has nothing really to do with Thais or Thailand for,after all,they didn't kidnap me and ship me off there by tramp steamer,did they?

Ody Kong.