Thai police spokesman says Belgian tourist died from suffocation

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought the rule in Thailand was that any foreigner dying here has to have an autopsy (hopefully by a competent examiner), and one would think that would apply double to death under mysterious circumstances. Was Belgian embassy informed as soon as she was found? Did they just say "Do whatever you want & get rid of the body?" I doubt it.

And who decided to cremate her? No consideration that she may be a Muslim or a Catholic, where cremation is not acceptable. Rush to cremation of body stinks of coverup.

9 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

I thought the rule in Thailand was that any foreigner dying here has to have an autopsy (hopefully by a competent examiner), and one would think that would apply double to death under mysterious circumstances. Was Belgian embassy informed as soon as she was found? Did they just say "Do whatever you want & get rid of the body?" I doubt it.

And who decided to cremate her? No consideration that she may be a Muslim or a Catholic, where cremation is not acceptable. Rush to cremation of body stinks of coverup.

Belgian embassy officials were at the cremation.

A Tropical Country !!! ... Defiantly no incentive to keep the Body Purifying, or well, in the Freezer like they do in the Australian outback ? on Ships, if you die out there ....

I just saw a small tweet here than she has tried to kill herself before ??? By throwing herself in front of a train !!! ....   But was saved !!! ... Once again I think that I personally want to move on, and OFF of Conspiracy Theories.

1 minute ago, fish monger said:

I keep asking, why was she cremated without the families permission, so quickly

The family would have to of agreed to it, there is nothing in the news saying they did not have their permission.

2 hours ago, bannork said:

3 questions perhaps Lamar:

1. Why did Elise suddenly get off the boat at Koh Tao and not continue to Chumpon and ultimately home? Did she receive a phone call from someone perhaps saying they missed her and could she stop off on Koh Tao?

2. But why change her surname and refuse to give her passport number? Was she hiding from someone who had been on the boat?

3.If it was suicide, the guru could possibly have been involved in messing up her head in some way,.

1- Yes, every people wonder why she disembarked at Koh Tao! Do you make the assumption that the "guru" could have called her by phone while she was on the boat? but it seems they was leaving the same day, so why - if he wanted to stay one or more day together, not inviting her before her leaving for one or two day in Koh Tao or any other other nice / romantic place ? Your assumption can be confirmed or invalidated by CCTV registration on the boat, at the Koh Tao pier and by the date he left the country.

2- Yes, it is very strange that she wanted to conceal her identity; it's obviously wrotten by her own hand and"DUPUIS" is a typically Belgian surname. This has not been done in an anticipated and posed way: her real name remains legible under the scribbling. If you make the assumption that she was hiding from the "guru", this is not consistent with the first hypothesis. Unless she wanted to join someone else on the island, and that the "guru" pursued her - but then, who sould be this new character and from where should he come?

The story of the fire is also a mysterious element. If she triggered the fire, accidentally or not, why did the landlord give up the lawsuit? A "Farang" is supposed to be able to pay for the damage caused - possibly via her parents or her insurance. On the other hand, if she is in no way responsible for the fire, there is no reason to flee - unless someone is hunting her!

3- Generally, the practice of yoga does not incite suicide ...

I think your assumptions are plausible (although I'm not quite sure she resists the sharp blade of Ockham's razor), but, in the current state of knowledge, there are a number of other plausible assumptions. The more there remains vague and contradictory information, the more leaves the field to hypotheses difficult to verify.

Edited by Lamar

When are the Worlds press going to splatter the goings-on in Thailand all over their front pages? And why are foreign Governments not warning their Nationals? Too many foreign deaths in this country! There should be warnings!

6 hours ago, z42 said:

These cretins are fooling nobody. I'd be impressed if there was some real efforts made in the first instance but it appears that cremating the body asap was task number 1.

The notion of face trumps any actual search for truth here.. Their fit up of the B2 will always be the yardstick, that was a huge story and the fallout was manageable.

Feel sorry for her relatives. They'll be getting no truthful answers anytime soon

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

If this had been an incident overseas and the statement was coming from the UK police I would tend to believe it. Coming as it does from the Thai police, who have difficulty distinguishing their ass from their elbow, AND it happened on Koh Tao, I am deeply suspicious. Suicide was the first thing they came out with, before they knew any background information whatsoever, and I fully expect them to stick with that, regardless of what any actual evidence might throw up. Can't go giving Thailand a bad name for the tourists now can we?

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

It doesn't matter what comments are made here.....this a seriously sinister case, and no doubt comments will soon be stopped.

The influence from KT goes above the top!

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Burns down half of the resort she was staying in and mysteriously disappears after booking flight home..... did the owner have fire insurance or was he/she expecting compensation from the girl?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

Body cremated...√

Scapegoat..√

Elusive suspect...√

All that is left to to is to find the real Serial Killer of Death Island.

Get a grip of yourselves please. You really are getting a bit too excited.

4 hours ago, Bigdogfarang said:

Easily explained I don't want to post the whole theory again here - but short version - suicidal girl left for mainland in a terrible mental state - Got off at ko toa on a whim - stayed at guesthouse took sleeinng pill overdoes - knocked over lamp started fire - this brought her round and she fled - bought ticket to Bkk but a day later suicidal thoughts returned - goes into jungle and hangs herself - third attempt first was trying to jump in front of a train and was saved - put yourself in the mind of a tortured soul who contemplating suicide and all her actions make sense .. police delay release of story and try to suppress it as last thing they need is another ko Tao farang death reported end of story 

Sounds about right.

3 hours ago, Krenjai said:

What about this version? Girl decides to go home after traveling abroad for a very long time, buys ticket to BKK, but before going home wants to spend a few days in Koh Tao. Fire at the resort, caused by a candle, petrol whatever. Need another place to stay, goes to Tanote Bay by motorcycle taxi, it is the middle of the night. Her ticket was burned/lost in the fire so she buys new one. Wants to pick up her luggage next day but it was loaded on the ferry by mistake due to chaos with the fire. The motorcycle taxi driver who drove her to Tanote Bay or whoever spots the good looking farang girl goes back the next day for some action. She refuses, he strangles her and makes it look like a suicide. Police covers up, they don't want another suspicious death, come up with a previous suicide attempt in front of a train, and an obscure sect guru. 

This version is as ridiculous as any other speculation. We will just NEVER know, that is very likely the outcome of this case. 

Oh dear, please...

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

How could she have hanged herself and subsequently be eaten by a large lizard ? Did the lizard leap up and take bites, or did the unfortunate girl let herself down and lay on the rocks after she had hung herself ? This has to be the weirdest chain of events ever recorded !

Lizards can actually climb, she wasn't levitating.

2 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

DAMNED FACTS!!  Always ruining the conspiracy fun!

Indeed.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Koh Tao pub crawl.jpg

pissed up.jpg

Do these cretins know you are supposed to actually buy drinks on a pub crawl?

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

Case closed!

Correct.

37 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

They performed two autopsies. Maybe her family said to cremate her.

22 minutes ago, fish monger said:

I keep asking, why was she cremated without the families permission, so quickly...?

Why do you keep asking this? Where are you getting the information that the family did not give their permission? Link please.

I feel very sorry for this young girls family and then immense loss they would be enduring, while still looking for answers.

A number of gruesome murders have been committed with a sadistic side that has no feeling for human life.

It is no coincidence that the murders are happening in one fringe area of Thailand. If it is one person or a group of people doing these murders they are just animals.

I wish I could offer more to Ms Elise Dallemagne' family. RIP. In my prayers.

Well, I do not seem to have been Trolled yet, so well, so far so Good !!! And starting to enjoy the Conspiracy Theories !!! (Not Really, But )  ... So How about, this one, …

“Though fairly mentally unstable, and probably even Broke as well, … she has a Thai Boyfriend, who Moves her Interests, out of the Guru’s ashram ? … The Guru is Incensed, as Being a Guru, he is a Control Freak, as Gurus usually are ??? Right ? …

She Makes a Deal to run to Ko Tow, and candestelinely meet the Boy Friend, under an assumed Name, in an out of the way Place. ..Yes as I have heard said, she was trying to hide from the Guru. …

And well, a bit more story telling License … They both get High on Drugs, Knock, over the Lamp (While having Good Sex – Added for a bit of interest) and they Burn down her and 2 other Bungalows !!! … Like talk about a bad Hangover and the day after Remorse !!! …. So then She Moves !!!

The Boyfriend, gets the Bill for the Burnt down Bungalows, … TIT the Thais Charge it to Him !!! …. So HE is then incensed …  and follows her, she is still on Drugs and also mentally challenged !!! … And they have an argument, about paying for the fire, and he, also not having any money, Loses his Temper (As Thais sometimes do) and he strangles her !!!

The only problem with this one is as slack as you may think that the Thai Police are !!! I think that unless he was REALLY Rich, they would have arrested him for it as well that would have been a cleaner end than the one we now have of suicide …

KramaSmith 

Edited by Mark Alexander Smith
Spelling

1 hour ago, Mark Alexander Smith said:

Well, at Great risk of being Trolled, ... I think that the B2 are probably guilty, because of the Way the crime was committed.  ... Beaten to death with a rake, I believe !!! …  Have you ever tried to beat someone to death, with a rake !!! This is a REAQLY Horrendous and Verbose way to do it !!! …  I think that if it was a Thai Villain, they would have done it quietly, like just quietly strangled them.

Burma (And I have been there many times) is a pretty politically dangerous, and well, quite aggressive in the politics, and approach to Life (And Death) ways !!! … Like a Place where Hundreds was it, Monks were shot in the street fairly recently, not to mention the continuing on going extremely hard on the civilians, Civil wars there !!! ... Like the People from there are Naturally, Hardened also … Unlike around here where if the son falls of his Motor bike, this is the worst thing that usually happens !!!

Have any of you read the report when the two probably enslaved, Burmese Fishermen, murdered the American I think it was ? Or UK, Man ? On his Yatch moored somewhere off Phuket (And Near fishing boats) . And his Naked Wife was very Lucky (And also smart enough) to power off while picking up the anchor at the same time, and escape with her Life .. It is a few years ago now, a HORENDOUS Stabbing Murder. (She let the Young Men off emotionally as she saw them as being enslaved I think, and just trying to escape. Her Husband must have tried to fight with them ???)

But well, the Case of Elise the Danish Woman, found hanging from a tree,  … well I just do not like Conspiracy Theories !!! …  The world is just TOO full of them and the internet worse !!! Tweeted from My Bed !!! … Right !!! … So very well thought out !!! Right ….

But well I am not to Shure about this case. I think that she ?? Was probably ??? / Might have been murdered. ? … A Thai Boy Friend ??? … I do not know.  But certainly the facts, do show that she was REALLY pretty well messed up mentally !!! Like having a ticket to Bangkok … Going Home … but getting of the boat on Ko Tao, and then checking in to a down Hotel, under a false Name !!! ??? … And then her, and 2 other Bungalows Mysteriously Burning down … ???

Though well, … I Also would really like to hear the Interview with that so called Guru, if we ever get one !!! ???

I see No Conspiracy on Ko Tow, but well, possibly a few, like more than one not just one serial killer, …  a whole hand full of people, (Men) sort of Know that they can get away with stuff like that on Ko Tow, …   that they know, that they cannot get away with on the main land. .. (Including a lot of the tourists who know this also) (And I think that the Russian Woman who disappeared fairly recently, probably disappeared as she wanted to Disappear)

Back from the Dead, and Keeping it Clean and rational.

Kram A Smith

"Tweeted from My Bed !!! … Right !!! … So very well thought out !!! Right …. 

But well I am not to Shure about this case. I think that she ?? Was probably ??? / Might have been murdered."

Phew! Words fail me! 

Anything is possible as to the cause of death, however to assume that Thailand has the wherewithal to ascertain that is wishful thinking. I always say that you get what you pay for...anyone assuming forensic experts is simply kidding themselves. All I know is this- if I were concerned about tourism and concerns from the relative tourist countries, forensic short-falls is not an excuse that I would relay to the country at hand. Most intelligent people would challenge me. And then I would blurt out "Are you <deleted> kidding me?"

This junta may be the worst thing that has ever happened to Thailand. The promise of a new and corrupt free Thailand has been a farce. The hope that the people of Thailand  had, as well as those of us visitors who love Thailand and it's people has faded into a cloud of disappointment. There is no accountability by anyone. 

Just another Farang dead  and the police have come up with the suicide clause again, how convenient, how

nice, what a quick way to have this case closed, Tidy.  yup  that is what the Thai police are. tidy. RIP

I am sorry that the parents are believing this result as well.

Geezer

3 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

Get a grip of yourselves please. You really are getting a bit too excited.

Sounds about right.

Oh dear, please...

Lizards can actually climb, she wasn't levitating.

Indeed.

Do these cretins know you are supposed to actually buy drinks on a pub crawl?

Correct.

They performed two autopsies. Maybe her family said to cremate her.

Why do you keep asking this? Where are you getting the information that the family did not give their permission? Link please.

You don't know if her family  expressed a wish to cremate her. Autopsies? Sorry if I question the forensic ability of the Thai gov't. You act without reasonable thinking. If I were the parents of the victim, the last thing I would request is cremation. Does it make sense that they requested cremation, yet are still questioning the cause of death? I can teach you logic should your abysmally low IQ warrant it:)

Here's the logic- police and their entourage are paid  a pittance - relative to reasonable pay. Do you really expect such expertise when it comes to forensics? perhaps this is a call- like elsewhere to pay people enough to make a living, then perhaps they will give a s..t

It is no different in Thailand than anywhere else..when you pay reasonable monies to people, then perhaps they will care- I understand the apathy and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that apathy. Pay people what they are worth- enough to make a living and provide for their families. If not, then do you blame them for that occasional instance where they take money in an attempt to provide for their family? I don't blame them one bit, so what's the solution? Pay them reasonable wages and perhaps the temptation to supplement their income will decrease. Everyone is subject to adding income- whether legally or illegally. The reason is not debated- what remains is providing for family or greed. Simple.

For me the biggest mystery is the 2 months delay of reporting the "suicide" to the media . And the guru left to Germany also 2 months ago .  What is the connection here?  

Her cabin on fire , then she was found hanged the same night , very strange, well maybe she was mentally ill and started the fire herself and then the suicide. But not according to her mother. She was on her way home, not suicidal.

Whatever happened that night , not a good idea to try to silence the local media 2 months ago.  

11 hours ago, kevozman1 said:

Police are busy guys, don't worry. They are just looking for some random Burmese workers with no alibi. Justice will prevail..

They're just waiting for some Burmese workers to return to Thailand with correct documentation after leaving the country under the new regulations....

Just now, balo said:

For me the biggest mystery is the 2 months delay of reporting the "suicide" to the media . And the guru left to Germany also 2 months ago .  What is the connection here?  

Her cabin on fire , then she was found hanged the same night , very strange, well maybe she was mentally ill and started the fire herself and then the suicide. But not according to her mother. She was on her way home, not suicidal.

Whatever happened that night , not a good idea to try to silence the local media 2 months ago.  

She wasn't found hanged the same night. She died days later on the other side of the island.

It is true that the police have a poor record here concerning honesty and investigative skills but giving a dog a bad name doesn't mean that everything they say is wrong. I believe that the fire started in her hut/room, is it not possible that she panicked thinking of the consequences, Thai prison, restitution etc.? perhaps she ran away and in a momentary fit of fear hung herself.

13 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

It doesn't matter what comments are made here.....this a seriously sinister case, and no doubt comments will soon be stopped.

The influence from KT goes above the top!

Maybe sinister only in the minds of some of the posters here