Phuket’s Patong taxi, tuk-tuk drivers win parking space reprieve

snoop1130

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

The tourists I talk to on a daily basis like them, a Tuktuk ride is part of their Phuket experience.

Keep dreaming tuktuk hassle is one of the important reasons why tourists do not return after a first visit to Patong.Sadly but true.if i go to Benidorm i can go everywhere by a bus why not in phuket coastal cities?

10 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Keep dreaming tuktuk hassle is one of the important reasons why tourists do not return after a first visit to Patong.Sadly but true.if i go to Benidorm i can go everywhere by a bus why not in phuket coastal cities?

Benidorm or Kata Beach ... I take Kata every time. No contest.

On 7/5/2017 at 5:37 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Isn't about time to stop with tuktuks on Phuket and come up with another transport system?tourists hate them but tourist zones are floated with them?200 bht for just 400 meter hello!

NKM inbound in 3,2,1!!!

20 hours ago, stevenl said:

Tourists love them, just not the prices.

The majority of tourists coming to Phuket now are Chinese.  The Chinese use coach buses for the duration of their holiday. 

They will not use a tuk-tuk whilst here on their holiday, not even for a joy ride or photo op inside one.

So when you say, "Tourists love them" you must be talking about a minority, within the minority, of the western tourist market. 

Hardly a large sample of tourists, for such a comment. 

20 hours ago, stevenl said:

The tourists I talk to on a daily basis like them, a Tuktuk ride is part of their Phuket experience.

"a Tuktuk ride is part of their Phuket experience." - no.

Hiring a motor scooter at 200 baht a day, versus 200 baht for a 200 meter tuk-tuk journey, and then crashing the scooter and braking bones, and then being extorted 50,000 baht for the cost of a new scooter, is "part of their Phuket experience." 

And for the extreme Phuket experience, you injure or kill a Thai, and you lose your live savings buying your freedom back.

And for the adrenaline junkies, you ride the scooter whilst intoxicated, a truly dangerous sport here, which has taken the lives of many. 

2 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

"a Tuktuk ride is part of their Phuket experience." - no.

Hiring a motor scooter at 200 baht a day, versus 200 baht for a 200 meter tuk-tuk journey, and then crashing the scooter and braking bones, and then being extorted 50,000 baht for the cost of a new scooter, is "part of their Phuket experience." 

And for the extreme Phuket experience, you injure or kill a Thai, and you lose your live savings buying your freedom back.

And for the adrenaline junkies, you ride the scooter whilst intoxicated, a truly dangerous sport here, which has taken the lives of many. 

part of the Phuket experience is also being scammed, robbed and pestered by katoys....that doesn't mean they like it.

On 07/07/2017 at 11:19 PM, inThailand said:

part of the Phuket experience is also being scammed, robbed and pestered by katoys....that doesn't mean they like it.

What you describe is their "general holiday experience."

Why I describe is just their "transport" experience.  

Put them both together, and it's not hard to see why the majority of of tourists to Phuiket now have coach buses and tour guides.