Netherlands To Prosecute Dutch Coffeeshop Owner Imprisoned In Thailand

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

They have suspicions and have taken 6 years to build a case. 

However, he still has not been found guilty and, until he is, his earnings must be considered legitimate. 

And if his legitimate earnings are here? See #Post 13!

I think that he will be declared persona non grata in Thailand and deported to the Netherlands to face these charges so the Thais can avoid keeping him in prison and get rid of the embarrassment.

The Dutch will be suitably grateful to get him back in the spirit of international cooperation.

43 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Probably has millions stashed!

If you have no money then Dutch  government pay lawyers......if you are in the Netherlands

Edited by NoBrains

8 hours ago, robblok said:

That is what his lawyer is saying.. read the full link. Would be good if he is exchanged from Thailand to Holland then its easier for him to defend himself. 

Shall not happen .... he would never return and fight a return to Thailand  with all his money for lawyers on reason Thailand has still the Death penalty ..... money talks you know ....:smile:. Thailand shall let him go when they like ... 

33 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Pardon me.... but is this the same guy from some months back who was arrested in Thailand because he had a legal weed business in Netherlands?

So, now it seems that his business back home wasn't legal after all?

The reason for his sentence in Thailand is money laundering ..&.etcetera......

8 hours ago, greenchair said:

What is the market price for canabis? 

Isn't it like the market price for prostitution? 

Up to the seller. 

Better quality is higher price. 

The evaluater of the meaning of quality is up to the seller and the buyer. 

How do they really know the grass was overpriced? ???

Simple - you compare the price of that same strain and age being sold by the same company to different customers. If all the customers but one are paying 300 EUR / oz and one customer is paying 700 EUR / oz for the same product it's pretty obvious there was some kind of alternate pricing going on. Whether or not that's fraud is another story.

2 hours ago, than said:

In general in Nederlands, avoid smoking cannabis on the street. It is very badly seen by local people.

I was only in Amsterdam but the locals and the tourists alike had no problem smoking on the street. 

The dutch legal system seems as much a joke!!...

Selling weed was legal at one point, in Holland...

Then there was an issue where the Dutch embassy in Thailand seemed to have mixed up things and issued a warrant against this fellow...

It also appears that the chap pissed off the wrong people and was a bit flashy with his wealth and lifestyle in Thailand...

The whole case seems as cheesy as a good piece of gouda!!...sorry to my Dutch friends here and there, no hard feelings:laugh::sorry:

Edited by observer90210

He had Ferraris and mansion in Pattaya, only a matter of time before disaster struck and the locals wanted some.... 

If he kept his head down and lived without flashing the cash I doubt he would be in jail now on a fake drugs charge 

9 hours ago, robblok said:

That is what his lawyer is saying.. read the full link. Would be good if he is exchanged from Thailand to Holland then its easier for him to defend himself. 

He was found guilty of charges based on a law that was passed after the alleged crimes took place. The money laundering laws here was not inacted in retrospect yet he was found guilty of crimes in retrospect. If one didnt know that all their assets was confiscated and that this created oppurtunities for people to enrich themselves, one would not understand why they got put into jail.

1 minute ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

He was found guilty of charges based on a law that was passed after the alleged crimes took place. The money laundering laws here was not inacted in retrospect yet he was found guilty of crimes in retrospect. If one didnt know that all their assets was confiscated and that this created oppurtunities for people to enrich themselves, one would not understand why they got put into jail.

That is not what I have read.. what i read it is about cooking the books and laundering money. (on the Dutch side) 

46 minutes ago, david555 said:

Shall not happen .... he would never return and fight a return to Thailand  with all his money for lawyers on reason Thailand has still the Death penalty ..... money talks you know ....:smile:. Thailand shall let him go when they like ... 

He will be pardoned within the next 5 years. Thai jails are full at more than 200% of capacity.

9 hours ago, greenchair said:

Because in the Netherlands there is a (limited) legal market for cannabis, and just like any other tax paying merchant you can't make up buying and selling prices for any product traded.

9 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

We soon gonna hear again about how this so honest man, against which the Dutch government couldn't lay any charges, is in Jail only because he earned his money in a honest way.

"The Dutch Public Prosecutor is prosecuting four executives of coffeeshop chain The Grass"???

12 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

"The Dutch Public Prosecutor is prosecuting four executives of coffeeshop chain The Grass"???

That is why one of the accusations is Gang formation or leading a criminal organization ..

2 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Pardon me.... but is this the same guy from some months back who was arrested in Thailand because he had a legal weed business in Netherlands?

So, now it seems that his business back home wasn't legal after all?

Innocent until proven guilty.  From what I see, the prosecutions case is that he falsified tax returns by declaring a high purchase price for honest base materials.  I am not aware that marijuana is quoted on the commodities market so who knows what the correct price is.  Interesting case from a number of angles.

1 hour ago, jhonnie said:

25 MILLION EUROS TAX BILL , OMG, 

And all maid with selling ONLY  Not more than 5 g sold per transaction and per person........and then the 25 million is only the missed tax bill ....... come on guy's are we we to believe that he did not sold other or more things......in that line / branche of bussines ..?

Look here only 1 of his little Thai shack(s) in the sticks here .....

IMG_2664.png

Edited by david555

11 hours ago, greenchair said:

What is the market price for canabis? 

Isn't it like the market price for prostitution? 

Up to the seller. 

Better quality is higher price. 

The evaluater of the meaning of quality is up to the seller and the buyer. 

Your logic can be used for anything from tomatoes to tooth brushes. 

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

how old will he be when he gets out .....  :shock1:

...you meant will his interest for coffee still remain intact? :whistling:

8 minutes ago, dutchbull said:

I think the Dutch government tricked him

If it works and he gets back to Holland he will thank his lucky stars they " tricked him" 

I visited a Thai prison once and it is a very very depressing and sad place and many prisoners had no idea how long they were likely to be there for because they were on remand etc