Where to complain against Thai post service

janclaes47

29 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I have just send postalcare an extensive email, well I couldn't mention all my issues of the past 3 months as I got cramp in my fingers from typing, but it should paint the picture to them what is going on here.

I already got a reply to my email, however not in the least commenting on what I had complained about in my email.

My main complaints were that from the 12 EMS postages that were sent to me in the past 3 months, not a single one was delivered to my doorstep or even carded.

Each and everyone I had to go pick up myself, after seeing it on the tracking page as being arrived at the post office, sometimes for more than 5 days already.

Another part of my complaint was that from the last 4 eBay orders, from 4 different sellers in 4 different countries, 3 haven't arrived

1 of them had an ultimate delivery estimate for 27 December, the other were ultimate delivery mid January.

I also had told them that only 1 had a tracking number.

\

Anyone an idea how I gonna fill in all these details from a eBay seller?

Dear Customer,

Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. If you do not get the item within the delivery standard, please fill in the form below.
1. Sender’s full name
2. Sender’s address
3. Sender’s telephone no.
4. Addressee’s full name
5. Addressee’s address
6. Addressee’s telephone no.
7. Content detail
8. Content value
9. Photocopy of the receipt
10. Name of the person who makes inquiry
11. Telephone no. of the person who makes inquiry
12. Tracking number 13 digit :

When we get the complete information, we will forward the information to the office concerning with this matter. If we have any reply, we will contact you soonest.

Remark
1.    The investigation inquiry of registered item, parcel and money order should be lodged within 6 months after the posting date.
2.    The investigation inquiry of EMS item or EMS money order should be lodged within 4 months after the posting date.

Regards,

12 years ago I bought a nice red mail box from the post office. In 12 years its been used twice. My mail can be found in our local petrol station or noodle shop.

A couple of weeks ago my daughters new UK passport was delivered by EMS to a old woman's house in the village. The lady opened it and left it on top of her fridge for two days before I managed to track it down.

It once took The Thai post service 21 days to deliver a bill which had travelled 18km. I accept its not that important but it dose make it more difficult to pay bills if you do not receive a paper copy.

Edited by mick220675
  • Haha 1

My local post office is 3Km from where I live.

After non-received and damaged mail to where I live I decided to do something.

Note, I do not have anything other than normal post sent to me - no EBay or EMS etc.

I got a PO Box at the post office - 200 Baht per year.

No more missing mail, large items, e.g. a calendar from UK, a card is placed in the box by the post office telling me to collect.

I did the same when I lived elsewhere in Thailand, that post office also had a Poste Restante facility.

If I order things like books from Bangkok, they are sent by courier so cannot be delivered to the post office.   The parcel can be delivered to my home after they phone or, easier still, I have a person in town where the packages can be delivered and I pickup when I have time.     I do not have my own transport so normally walk.

I have found over the years that normal / EMS post from Thailand to England takes 3 - 7 days but from England to Thailand can take a month or more.

Perhaps a Post Box may be useful for you.

• 3 weeks later...

It is Saturday night 18:30hrs...... My EMS package arrived at our District office at 08:15hrs Friday Morning , and it was dispatched from there to our sub district post office at 08:30hrs.

Then it took 22 hours to travel 40 kilometres .

..... It was listed as " Out for delivery " this morning at 07:45 hrs. from our sub district post office and till now it has taken approx. 10 and a half hours to travel 17 kilometres , and it still hasn't turned up.

Edited by NE1

I know I'm going to regret saying this but in the past nine years I've been living in a rural area and pretty much nothing has gone missing. The exception would be a few Christmas cards that were sent to me in the early days. Recently my sister forwarded me my new Visa card from the UK. It was delivered about five days after it was sent. In the past I have had numerous packages sent from the UK, some registered, some not. So far they have all arrived. On a couple of occasions they have taken longer than expected but nothing is ever a hundred percent perfect.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I live in a rural area and till now nothing has ever gone missing . It is just delayed , there was a time that we didn't get any mail for 10 weeks . Then it all came at once.

Just as an update on my previous post , the wife found the local postman's number and asked him about the package.

He said it was at his house but he couldn't deliver it as he has been looking after his kids all day !

Here in Nonthaburi i 've had loads of packages from Ebay missing...i always use paypal so i claimed a refund...this will put thailand on the black list though but i don't care.

Last month an unregistered package from Australia missing. I really regret that one.

If you call the postoffice nobody will pickup...if you drive there you can only park on the busy road causing congestion...

It's terrible but nothing we can do about it, this is Thailand.

I used to live in Bangkok. To my amazement, unregistered and untracked parcels and letters to me from the UK regularly arrived at my apartment with no problem.

I now live in Sri Racha. 3 months ago, I  ordered a book online from the UK. It never arrived. It was not registered mail. I went to the local post office but they were not interested without a tracking number.

I cannot believe the failure of the book to arrives was just an unfortunate mishap.