scratches on Vios? Mrs cleaned it!

51 minutes ago, derekwyoung said:

metallic paint is in 2 coats, the bottom  or 1st coat is the colour coat the second or top coat is clear and provides the shine it is a 2 part paint that sets very hard when dry and is fairly resistant to scratching. if tcut or any other make of cutting compound cant remove the scratched surface without going through to the colour coat it may be possible to just recoat the top layer. what did she use to rub it was it green plastic scouring pad ,ok or metal silver coloured pad ,not ok. If Tcut works but takes to long.  a light rub rub first with 800 or 1200 grade wet and dry paper if you can find it together with a bucket of water with a good squeezes of washing up liquid gently rub it wet 1200 is best folowed by compound, hope this helps, derek

Try a small out of the way area first ?

3 hours ago, derekwyoung said:

metallic paint is in 2 coats, the bottom  or 1st coat is the colour coat the second or top coat is clear and provides the shine it is a 2 part paint that sets very hard when dry and is fairly resistant to scratching. 

All paint is now 2 coats, and it is not that hard as the clear coat is very easy to scratch especially on Japanese cars.

8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

well will try something I bought at big C first called carpro cream then the Tesco one, car is 5 years old anyway which is about the same mental age of mrs when it comes to common sense :smile:

And you chose to marry her..............:cheesy:

:sorry: could not resist :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I love the way she denied it at first. A true Thai.

I had some builders in and they painted a door with glass panels and got plenty of paint on the glass. They cleaned it off with sandpaper. Total morons. I've lived in Thailand for 25 years and have never, ever, seen any common sense. How can a country develop into one where something so vital is totally absent?

Having lived (presumably full time) in Thailand it is fair to assume you don't realise how stupid the rest of the word has got.

11 hours ago, 111Moo12 said:

Tesco Lotus, see attached image.

20170707_085312.jpg

Yes, this is the right stuff. I think you need an electric polish machine that got a round fluffy pad on and it just rotate very light on the top of the wax . Should work quite well. 

12 hours ago, Daveyh said:

Whatever Thai's turn their hand to will be screwed up ............................. This is Thailand. They have no idea how to do anything properly. What they are very good at & I'd give them a "gold award" for three things, which are:

1. Making babies 

2. Eating

3. Spending other people's money 

you have no clue.... get out of the bars.

your car will need compounding with some abrasive polishes with a polishing machine (mop) were do you live ? in Pattaya has a detailing shop where i had my car done come back better than when it was new.cost about 3,000 baht.

11 hours ago, cracker1 said:

Any reasonable cutting compound with a little water and a soft cloth should fix the problem.

But hard work if your doing by hand and you wont get a very good shine back into the paint work you need a machine (mop)

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:05 PM, steven100 said:

Cleaning the car with a scour pad .....   now that's a first ..:shock1:

Not for a Thai wife or woman.

My wife washed the family car with dishwash soap while I was out of the country. :clap2:

As it was and is an old car I don't mind, made the car more beautifull. :cheesy:

3 hours ago, bandito said:

Not for a Thai wife or woman.

My wife washed the family car with dishwash soap while I was out of the country. :clap2:

As it was and is an old car I don't mind, made the car more beautifull. :cheesy:

Sometimes.. there are difficulties with the most simple things...

I wanted to make a copy of the car blue book. Simply copy each page on A4. Our printer broke down, I was preoccupied with other things, so I asked my wife to do it in the condo's office. I thought this will be something she could handle.
She came back without the copies. Why? the girl there advised her the copies are not really necessary. The insurance company will copy it by themselves when we go there.

Hmm. That wasn't the reason I wanted the copies. I sent her again. This time, she came back with copies, nicely stapled. However only the first 3 pages were copied. Why? "I don't know. She copied everything". Well. Evidently she didn't.

Ok, three trips. To make a few photocopies. 

Edited by XGM

50 minutes ago, XGM said:

Sometimes.. there are difficulties with the most simple things...

I wanted to make a copy of the car blue book. Simply copy each page on A4. Our printer broke down, I was preoccupied with other things, so I asked my wife to do it in the condo's office. I thought this will be something she could handle.
She came back without the copies. Why? the girl there advised her the copies are not really necessary. The insurance company will copy it by themselves when we go there.

Hmm. That wasn't the reason I wanted the copies. I sent her again. This time, she came back with copies, nicely stapled. However only the first 3 pages were copied. Why? "I don't know. She copied everything". Well. Evidently she didn't.

Ok, three trips. To make a few photocopies. 

It does make you wonder how the country functions at all, when so often completing even the easiest of tasks is so difficult for them. It's as if sometimes they deliberately complicate things so they go from A to B via C D and E.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It does make you wonder how the country functions at all, when so often completing even the easiest of tasks is so difficult for them. It's as if sometimes they deliberately complicate things so they go from A to B via C D and E.

Don't think so, with most things I have dealt with that I thought were just basic stuff to sort did not turn out that way...:sad: