Police Box

pontious

I live in a gated secure moo bahn in Pattaya. I want to enhance my security by having visits by the Police. Can the village committee refuse such a request.? DO NOT answer if you do not have the answer to my question, or wish to answer with other solutions.

Thank you

Edited by pontious

Two points, one of my neighbours has an arrangement with a police lieutenant who he has on call if required, I think he gives him 2000 baht per month, another neighbour has a contract with a private security firm who call regularly daily and have to sign a time sheet she has to prove their visit, no idea the cost. 

12 minutes ago, pontious said:

DO NOT answer if you do not have the answer to my question,

Nobody will have a definitive answer to your question without knowing the rules and regulations of your village.

However, in my experience non owners are not permitted to enter a village without an invitation from an owner or a committee member - a village committee can only refuse entry to the guest of an owner on the grounds of their bad behaviour or if there is an associated health risk.

You need to check the rules and regulations of your village for confirmation.

39 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Nobody will have a definitive answer to your question without knowing the rules and regulations of your village.

However, in my experience non owners are not permitted to enter a village without an invitation from an owner or a committee member - a village committee can only refuse entry to the guest of an owner on the grounds of their bad behaviour or if there is an associated health risk.

Thanks CL- of course our rules state the same as you suggest - are you saying if I tell the committee I have invited the Police in at periodic times they could refuse ?

These would be Royal Thai Police - are you suggesting that if someone is murdered they would need an invitation?

Sorry but these are not normal visitors but the Thai Police - surely this makes a difference.?

Edited by pontious
add

12 minutes ago, pontious said:

Thanks CL- of course our rules state the same as you suggest - are you saying if I tell the committee I have invited the Police in at periodic times they could refuse ?

These would be Royal Thai Police - are you suggesting that if someone is murdered they would need an invitation?

Sorry but these are not normal visitors but the Thai Police - surely this makes a difference.?

I think he means that if you have invited them then there should be no issue - anyway would your security actually check police id (if in uniform) and refuse them for any reason? Why would the juristic instruct them to do so..........

Just now, pontious said:

I am saying that they can't refuse an invited guest (with the provisos I mentioned).

Your topic is not about the police attending the scene of a crime, which is a completely different matter, and (we can safely assume) is covered by national legislation which would override any village rules.

So, NO, I was not suggesting that they would need an invitation if someone was murdered, and I don't know how you came that conclusion from my post.

Thank you to TOPT and CL for your replies - actually when the village was still in development  stage the then owners refused entry to the the Police. I will tell the Juristic Manager of our intentions and see what they say. I appreciate and thank you all for your responses.

12 hours ago, pontious said:

Thanks John -but my question is can the village security, or the Juristic Manager  stop the police from entering the village.

Yes they very well can. A Juristic Manager & security guard hold a higher & more powerful position than the cops.

54 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Yes they very well can. A Juristic Manager & security guard hold a higher & more powerful position than the cops.

I find that hard to believe and certainly not the advice from other posters regarding 'invited persons'.

16 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Even the police?....they have to have an invitation?.....hardly sounds lightly.

19 hours ago, pontious said:

Letting the fox into the chookhouse.

You want to enhance your security by allowing police to enter your compound.....then you want to have them ask for permission to enter? What is your question?

Trust me cops anywhere will come and go as they please.....except if you are very, very rich or a person of influence...I doubt you are either.

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

You want to enhance your security by allowing police to enter your compound.....then you want to have them ask for permission to enter? What is your question?

Trust me cops anywhere will come and go as they please.....except if you are very, very rich or a person of influence...I doubt you are either.

Read my opening post-where did I say wanting them to ask for permission. The question is in the OP. You are wrong - they cannot come and go as they please.

I doubt you know what you are talking about,

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Exactly ! Cops do not care the law or rules, this is why they are cops !

Edited by bangkokairportlink

I would say that there is definitely a conflict here between the staff and police.

How do you think that periodic visits by police would be more secure than, for example, an electronic security system?

I mention this after having a brother-in-law from Texas visit. Whilst we were having lunch, his phone received an alert and when he opened this he saw some video of a postal worker delivering a package. Apart from the basic security system he installed floodlights and cameras.

His system works tirelessly 24/7 and is apparently unavailable for comment as not having any interest in contacting any less honest contacts and offering to split the takings on a job organised to take place midway between organised visits.

Edited by ben2talk

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, pontious said:

- actually when the village was still in development  stage the then owners refused entry to the the Police.

OP apologies but if you can oblige I am very curious why the police wanted to enter at that time and why the "then owners" (so the developer?) refused them?

19 hours ago, pontious said:

Read my opening post-where did I say wanting them to ask for permission. The question is in the OP. You are wrong - they cannot come and go as they please.

I doubt you know what you are talking about,

Why did you bother to ask the question if you're so sure about the answers you receive? It might have helped if you framed your question in understandable terms. Time waster. Is asking dumb questions any easier than using your available brain cells to reach the logical conclusion you seem to prefer?

19 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

DO NOT answer if you do not have the answer to my question, I wish to hear.

My answer doesn't help you either (completely).

Posting a question like yours invites a number of people to give all possible opinions and solutions. 

Actually, the answer to your question is IN your post. Since the key to your issue lies at the security system or juristic office in your village, you should go there. 

Whatever happens, it will be usefull to know how this works out. 

51 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

My answer doesn't help you either (completely).

Posting a question like yours invites a number of people to give all possible opinions and solutions. 

Actually, the answer to your question is IN your post. Since the key to your issue lies at the security system or juristic office in your village, you should go there. 

Whatever happens, it will be usefull to know how this works out. 

Did you notice that I am not the OP, and didn't post a question at all?

In fact, I just pointed out by changing a few words in the original question of the OP, what you try to blame me for.