What forms are needed

After the Saga of my lost passport in Hong Kong (which had my non o visa in it). My new passport was returned from the UK in under 2 weeks!! I now have a tourist visa which I was given a 90 day extension on and it's time to convert that to a non o retirement.

Which form do I need to complete for this.

21 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

After the Saga of my lost passport in Hong Kong (which had my non o visa in it). My new passport was returned from the UK in under 2 weeks!! I now have a tourist visa which I was given a 90 day extension on and it's time to convert that to a non o retirement.

Which form do I need to complete for this.

It sounds like you got a 90 day entry after applying for a non immigrant visa at immigration not an extension.

You will be applying for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa.

You will use a TM7 form to apply for the extension.

It is so confusing

What I have in my new passport is:

1. A 30 day tourist visa transferred from the temporary travel document I was given at the Thai Embassy in Hong Kong.

2. An extension of stay on this visa until August 6th.

So now after reading this on the link referred to by OJAS

"With a visa exempt exempt entry you use a TM87 form visa application form instead of a TM86 change of visa status form".

I'm totally confused

16 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

It is so confusing

What I have in my new passport is:

1. A 30 day tourist visa transferred from the temporary travel document I was given at the Thai Embassy in Hong Kong.

So now after reading this on the link referred to by OJAS

"With a visa exempt exempt entry you use a TM87 form visa application form instead of a TM86 change of visa status form".

I'm totally confused

I think what you are trying to say is that you entered Thailand on a ETD issued by the British Embassy in HK, immigration stamped you in on a 30 day visa exempt entry, this entry stamp has been transferred to the new UK passport and this you have since extended by a further 30 days? (originally you stated 90 days, but I don't think that is possible on a visa exempt, 60 days would be if you were married, unless the IO gave you 30 days originally and then a further 60 days for being married perhaps)

I am no expert, so will let UJ confirm regarding which TM form you need to submit to change from a visa exempt to a non-o, although looking at the forms it should be TM.87 as TM.86 is to change visa and you do not have a visa.

30 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

1. There is no 30 day tourist visa. You apparently got visa a exempt entry.

2. A visa exempt entry can only be extended for 30 days. You wrote it was extended for 90 days.

If you only have the total of 60 days you you would use a TM87 form to apply for a non immigrant visa (category O) that will give a 90 day entry. You have to apply for it no later than 15 days before August 6th.

You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank on the date you apply, or proof of 65K baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

The during the last 30 days of the 90 entry you could apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

I'm afraid what I am trying to say is exactly what I wrote.

I entered Thailand with a temporary travel document which had a 30 day tourist visa in it issued by the Thai Consulate in Hong Kong.

When my new UK passport arrived, Immigration transferred this tourist visa to it and subsequently gave me and extension on this till August 6th.

4 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

30 day tourist visa in it issued by the Thai Consulate in Hong Kong

Apologies then, as that is a first, must be something to do with the ETD validity, never heard of a 30 day visa before!

Edited by Mattd

7 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

I entered Thailand with a temporary travel document which had a 30 day tourist visa in it issued by the Thai Consulate in Hong Kong.

Tourist visas normally allow a 60 day entry. Those from some countries only get a 30 day entry from one. If you have a tourist visa then you will use a TM86 form.

To help me understand better could you state the date you entered the country.

If you have a total stay of 90 days perhaps immigration changed the 30 day entry to 60 days and then the 30 day extension.

Thanks everybody

Sorry, wrong about the 30 day tourist visa it was 60 day. See attachment.

This was then transferred to new passport and then extended to 6th August by my local immigration (Dan Kwian).

So next week I plan to go for a retirement visa (I have the necessary money in the Bank for the necessary period)

So TM86 or TM 87 and where can I download it from as I want to have it completed before I go

CCF_000052.pdf

1 hour ago, Negita43 said:

Thanks

TM86 .doc downloaded but it's read only

If you want to fill in in word just save it as a copy and del the grey blocks out

You complete the form by typing the info in. Then print it two sided.

You can fill out the PDF version if you use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC by using the Fill & Sign function.

1 hour ago, Negita43 said:

Thanks

TM86 .doc downloaded but it's read only

If you get the yellow bar "PROTECTION VIEW" at the top of the screen, click on "Enable Editing" in that bar.

TM.86 Enable editing.png