I have a small amount of Laos Kip (I think it is called) from my last visa run to Savvakhanet.

How do I count it? One note has 20000 at top right hand corner, and 60000 on left hand side of the mans head and shoulder.

Is that 20000 Kip?  I want hope to raise around 7 GBP as I will not have my UK debit card on arrival at airport as it will have just expired

and I hope to pick my new one up personally at the bank the following day.

Worth remembering that if you plan to leave London Airport by public transport you will not be able to pay in cash. You have to go to the tube station and get a travel card from a machine to use on buses and trains. Minimum purchase is 5 pounds if I remember correctly

As for the kip....might have difficulty changing them at LHR. Better take a 500 baht note with you to be on the safe side.

20,000 kip is worth less than 2 quid. Hopefully you have more than a couple of these if you want to raise 7 pounds. Maybe head down Khao San Road and ask around if anybody is heading to Laos.

Of course if you hang around KSR and have a few beers the money will be soon gone!

I suggest you exchange some baht for pounds sterling at a currency exchange in Thailand (don't forget to take your passport).

If you only want to buy £10 It won't really matter which exchange booth you use as the difference you pay in baht will be marginal.